Tigers @ Sox...Now

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 29, 2014 -> 08:50 PM)
I really hope they turn the page and go with a new catcher next year.

I think Nieto may be the future at C, but he should probably spend most of next season in Charlotte. The FA options are thin; might as well go with Phegley an Gonzalez 'till Nieto is ready or someone becomes available.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 29, 2014 -> 07:53 PM)
At the time, it was an accurate statement.

It was the absence of a "right now" I found amusing. Either way, his good streaks and bad streaks have added up to a line of .232/.293/.347. And a BABIP still of .350+. Even with his good defence/framing, I fear that's just not gonna be good enough when a few less shanks drop in/he starts hitting a few less line drives.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 29, 2014 -> 09:21 PM)
Conor started out pretty decently defensively last year, but was awful the last couple of months. This year, a similar pattern seems to be occurring.

He has been awful on the defensive side since the Dodger series. He is not a everyday 3rd basemen.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Aug 29, 2014 -> 09:22 PM)
He has been awful on the defensive side since the Dodger series. He is not a everyday 3rd basemen.

He's not an everyday 3rd baseman more because he absolutely cannot hit lefties. If they get him a platoon partner and he hits reasonably close to what he's doing now, he can absolutely be a 3rd baseman for the majority of games going forward, even though his defence will probably limit his value a decent amount.

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Aug 30, 2014 -> 03:26 AM)
He's not an everyday 3rd baseman more because he absolutely cannot hit lefties. If they get him a platoon partner and he hits reasonably close to what he's doing now, he can absolutely be a 3rd baseman for the majority of games going forward, even though his defence will probably limit his value a decent amount.

Marcus Semien