Tigers @ Sox...Now

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 29, 2014 -> 09:41 PM)
He played injured all year. I'm not saying he's a lock to be great right away, but he was on the fast track, and they'll have room for him.

If it was all year, it didn't hold him back too much at AA. Marcus is absolutely raking at Charlotte, assuming his BB:K ratio is somewhat improved when he comes up from his previous MLB level, I'm giving him the inside track. Give players time to master a level. Stop rushing them.

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Aug 30, 2014 -> 03:46 AM)
You think we'll turn over 2-3 infield spots this winter? Marcus at 3B, Sanchez/Johnson 2B, Alexei SS? I think Connor is here to stay, at least through 2015.

I think we see Abreu, Johnson, Alexei, Conor/Semien

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Aug 30, 2014 -> 03:47 AM)
If it was all year, it didn't hold him back too much at AA. Marcus is absolutely raking at Charlotte, assuming his BB:K ratio is somewhat improved when he comes up from his previous MLB level, I'm giving him the inside track. Give players time to master a level. Stop rushing them.

I'm on board with you, I think that Johnson to start in majors at beginning of next year would be rushing him.

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Aug 30, 2014 -> 03:50 AM)
This is the kind of game I'm not too bummed out about losing. The core pieces rake, and the main thing that loses us the game is the performance of a non-core piece.

Absolutely. Maybe Avi can homer next inning

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Aug 29, 2014 -> 07:50 PM)
This is the kind of game I'm not too bummed out about losing. The core pieces rake, and the main thing that loses us the game is the performance of a non-core piece.

This is exactly the type of game I wanna see for the rest of the year and would be perfectly content if we lost every single game that's left.

QUOTE (peavy44 @ Aug 30, 2014 -> 04:02 AM)
I dont want 90 losses.

I'm not sure it matters right now. Not a whole lot of effort out there by the veterans. The fans gave up on this team about 25 games ago, so might as well get the highest pick possible.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 29, 2014 -> 10:09 PM)
I'm not sure it matters right now. Not a whole lot of effort out there by the veterans. The fans gave up on this team about 25 games ago, so might as well get the highest pick possible.

No fans gave up march 31 they dont go to games so thats why we have less money next year payroll.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 29, 2014 -> 10:09 PM)

I think we have alot of bandwagon fans really it seems like it.

QUOTE (kapzk @ Aug 29, 2014 -> 10:24 PM)
Felix Hernandez getting rocked tonight, 4 Hr and 5er given up so far in 4 innings ... anyone think there's a possibility Sale can take the Cy Young away from Felix?

Probably not, and Kluber is probably ahead of Sale.

Going to be tough to win a Cy with 27 starts unless the numbers are way ahead of the other pitchers.