**Official 2014 NLCS Games thread**

Brian

The runner was going from first, the follow through of the bat hit AJ in the head while the ball bounced away. So instead of going for the ball, AJ flopped so the runner would be sent back to 1B. It was classic AJ.

It was heads up, but once the bat hit his head, wouldn't it be a dead play whether he went for the ball or not?

It would be a dead play assuming that the umpire saw that bat hit him. AJ was making 100% sure that the umpire saw it.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 16, 2014 -> 07:42 PM)
That Cardinals postseason pixie dust. Adams has zero homers vs LHP since early July, now he hit them off Kershaw and Bumgarner. Then Tony freaking Cruz homers

No David Freese this time around.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Hahn kicks the tires on a "buy low" trade for Bourjos. He fits into the "emulate" the Royals theme/motif, and the Cards don't have a place for him with Jay/Grichuk/Tavares/Holliday. They don't even have enough playing time for all four of those guys at the moment, with Tavares (better prospect than Grichuk) the odd man out.

Looks like the Cards are going to live or die with their ace...no PH. Only at 86 pitches, so completely understandable.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (flavum @ Oct 16, 2014 -> 10:15 PM)
I completely forgot Ishikawa was Sox property last year.

I thought he was but I see it nowhere when I googled his name.

Edit: found it. He hit .290 between the Sox and O's AAA teams. Now he hits the walk off homer to go to the world series

Edited by BigHurt3515

QUOTE (flavum @ Oct 16, 2014 -> 10:31 PM)
Erin Andrews voice drives me crazy--and not in a good way.

Agreed. Her voice is just nasal! Annoying as all hell.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Oct 17, 2014 -> 12:29 AM)
I love how Peavy is out there hugging him before he even gets to 3rd base. Hey, I need to go touch home first.

Technically it really didn't matter since the winning run had already crossed home plate. I don't blame Peavy one bit seeing as how its his first World Series. I'm happy for Jake.

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Oct 17, 2014 -> 01:01 AM)
Agreed. Her voice is just nasal! Annoying as all hell.

Technically it really didn't matter since the winning run had already crossed home plate. I don't blame Peavy one bit seeing as how its his first World Series. I'm happy for Jake.

Wasn't he on the Red Sox last year...Avisail Garcia trade,etc.?

Edited by caulfield12