Your 2015 Offseason Plan

GGajewski18

QUOTE (scs787 @ Nov 1, 2014 -> 11:28 AM)
I still don't understand why this is so impossible. IF the players they're signing all make since I could certainly see it. Now the chances on them being able to "beat" every other team on these guys that make sense might be rather slim, but hypothetically speaking if their offers do get em I don't see them capping their spendings.

Because the White Sox aren't going to have a 110-115 million dollar payroll next year.

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 1, 2014 -> 12:39 PM)
A $40 million payroll boost takes us pretty darn close to $100 million, maybe a tiny bit over.

Not to say it will happen but its definitely possible. I can't see how anyone would say it isn't possible at this point.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 1, 2014 -> 01:15 PM)
Because the White Sox aren't going to have a 110-115 million dollar payroll next year.

Again, if there are players that make sense, why not?

I think it's pretty realistic to say that with a better bullpen we're probably looking at a .500 ball club this past year. As is with just the addition of some bullpen arms we're probably a .500 ball club next year. Then when you add other pieces (SP, LF, DH, a whole year of Avi) to said .500 ball club you're looking at a potential playoff club.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Nov 1, 2014 -> 12:29 PM)
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/11/2014...redictions.html

Top 50 free agents from mlbtraderumors with predictions.

For the Sox: Victor Martinez, Colby Rasmus and Luke Gregorson.

For the Cubs: Jon Lester, Russell Martin, David Robertson, Justin Masterson and Jake Peavy.

Martinez and Gregorson yeah, but Rasmus makes me puke!!!

Edited by midway

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/11/2014...redictions.html

Top 50 free agents from mlbtraderumors with predictions.

For the Sox: Victor Martinez, Colby Rasmus and Luke Gregorson.

For the Cubs: Jon Lester, Russell Martin, David Robertson, Justin Masterson and Jake Peavy.

Robertson got a QO, so I hope the Cubs do sign him.

QUOTE (midway @ Nov 1, 2014 -> 03:11 PM)
Martinez and Gregorson yeah, but Rasmus makes me puke!!!

I'm iffy on Rasmus as well, but at the very least he could offer some Tank/Dunn like production with above average D which would be nice. Someone here talked me into being ok with that. Adding him to Martinez would push him down to the 6 spot where his power would be real nice.

Edited by scs787