Tyler Danish

Heads22

I think moving to AA, could force Hawkins to be a better contact hitter because the Barons play in a way more pitcher friendly park than WS does. And I think that the time he has spent and will spend with Severson and Thome in instructs and spring training will pay dividends for him and his development.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Oct 31, 2014 -> 11:48 AM)
I think moving to AA, could force Hawkins to be a better contact hitter because the Barons play in a way more pitcher friendly park than WS does. And I think that the time he has spent and will spend with Severson and Thome in instructs and spring training will pay dividends for him and his development.

why force?? he needs to learn how to hit, hit in different situation and find that

comfort level. he is still young.

QUOTE (LDF @ Oct 31, 2014 -> 08:07 AM)
why force?? he needs to learn how to hit, hit in different situation and find that

comfort level. he is still young.

Exactly. Hawkins can start off 2015 at A+ and if he does well, the Sox can move him to AA by June if not sooner. If Hawkins performs well the rest of the season at AA, he could still end up at AAA to start the 2016 season and still only be 22 years old. Hawkins is still young, raw and its not like the Sox have the best track record of developing young hitters.

Anyway, back to Danish. I think he surely starts off with Birmingham and deservedly so. As NorthSide pointed out, the Birmingham team is going to be fun to follow in 2015. I get nerdy just thinking about it.

Edited by StRoostifer

With the nice NSS breakdown, it looks like Coats, May, Hawkins in the OF, which should be fun. Outside of Anderson and likely DeMichele in the IF, lots of possibilities for the other positions, imo. Hoping they're aggressive with Eddy A, who seems ready to handle it.

Edited by Stan Bahnsen

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Oct 31, 2014 -> 03:52 PM)
Exactly. Hawkins can start off 2015 at A+ and if he does well, the Sox can move him to AA by June if not sooner. If Hawkins performs well the rest of the season at AA, he could still end up at AAA to start the 2016 season and still only be 22 years old. Hawkins is still young, raw and its not like the Sox have the best track record of developing young hitters.

Anyway, back to Danish. I think he surely starts off with Birmingham and deservedly so. As NorthSide pointed out, the Birmingham team is going to be fun to follow in 2015. I get nerdy just thinking about it.

some team would be extremely happy if they had there prospects

in AA and at 23-24.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Nov 1, 2014 -> 11:37 PM)
This isn't true. The best players fly through the system and get to AA at 20/21.

you are talking about the best players. I am talking about player in general.

it is a whole new game if the player is > 24.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Nov 3, 2014 -> 01:16 PM)
So what exactly is Danish's ceiling?

Because he doesn't throw that hard but he has nasty stuff.

If he has the stamina and stays healthy enough to start, and maintain current strengths over a full season?

With the movement he has on his pitches, his control and heavy action, I think he's a mid-rotation starter. Which is a significant ceiling. Maybe even a little better than that.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Nov 3, 2014 -> 08:16 PM)
So what exactly is Danish's ceiling?

Because he doesn't throw that hard but he has nasty stuff.

it all depends, at least for me, who is not a scout but an avid fan, I need

to see the real movement on his pitches. another yr of grooming and

more rpts from the prof scouts on what they see.

worst case #4-5 or long relief. best case #3. and extremely good case tbd

on the scouts rpts.