2015-16 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Nov 7, 2015 -> 04:14 PM)
Way too many close calls against crappy teams

reminding me of the year they won 11 games under Muschamp before getting rolled vs Louisville in the Sugar Bowl.

UF barely survived East Carolina. Got lucky vs Tennessee. Looked terrible at Kentuckey and at Missouri. Beat a Georgia team that handed them the game and then today.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Nov 7, 2015 -> 04:06 PM)
reminding me of the year they won 11 games under Muschamp before getting rolled vs Louisville in the Sugar Bowl.

UF barely survived East Carolina. Got lucky vs Tennessee. Looked terrible at Kentuckey and at Missouri. Beat a Georgia team that handed them the game and then today.

I was actually pretty impressed by their showing at Mizzou. Their offense is never going to impress you, especially with Grier out now, but the defense is the real deal. They're flawed, but they blew out Ole Miss and almost won at LSU. They're not bad. They're somewhere in the 11-20 range.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Nov 7, 2015 -> 06:51 PM)
Clemson stormed the field. Really? You are number 1 and you beat the 16 team. Seems quite silly

Clinched division title, which is first since 2011. Should be clear sailing to playoff, barring a major shock at South Carolina or to North Carolina in the ACC title game. I'd say it's field rush worthy for a program like Clemson. It's not Alabama or USC.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 7, 2015 -> 08:08 PM)
I'm always amazed by how bad the QB and PK position are at Alabama. You recruit the most amazing athletes but always seem to be lacking at those two clutch positions. (AJ McCarron was fine, but nothing special )

Heh, Alabama's kicker makes a 54-yarder just before halftime.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 7, 2015 -> 10:50 PM)
MSU got screwed on that call but they also gave up back to back 30+ yard wide open catches before that. That was just as dreadful.

Even with those two plays MSU is in terrific shape to win if that play is called correctly. Nebraska would have been 3rd and 15 from the 35 yard line with only 20 seconds left and no timeouts. Completely unacceptable. Nothing is worse than an official deciding a game.