2015-16 NCAA Football Thread

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 25, 2015 -> 09:44 AM)
They have people on ESPN predicting the Final 4 and a lady this morning had both MSU and OSU in it. Is that even possible? I'm expecting OSU to run the table and roll over the overrated SPartans. Would MSU sneak in with 1 loss over other teams?

Highly doubtful.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have people on ESPN predicting the Final 4 and a lady this morning had both MSU and OSU in it. Is that even possible? I'm expecting OSU to run the table and roll over the overrated SPartans. Would MSU sneak in with 1 loss over other teams?

It seemed very feasible back when we thought Oregon was good. Now, not so much.

ESPN has no idea what's going on in college football.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 24, 2015 -> 09:54 PM)
3) Poor Nebraska...growing up with Oklahoma as my second team because my dad went to school there, I can for the first time ever say I'm starting to feel sorry and pity for their great fanbase. They definitely deserve better. That program was so good that they were like the Patriots of twenty years ago, and for most of the Osborne years.

It would take a lot more for me to feel sorry for Nebraska. They made a mediocre coaching hire and it's burning them earlier than expected. College football has changed so much in the past 20 years with more programs getting national exposure on TV. Nebraska will never return to anything like it's best years because when it comes down to it you're recruiting college kids to the state of Nebraska. That's an extremely tough sell, even if Lincoln is a nice city.

1 Utah

2 LSU

3 Ohio State

4 Clemson

5 Michigan State

6 Iowa

7 Baylor

8 TCU

9 Oklahoma State

10 Florida State

1 Clemson

2 LSU

3 Ohio State

4 Baylor

5 Michigan State

6 Iowa

7 TCU

8 Oklahoma State

9 Alabama

10 Notre Dame

Way too early playoff/bowl projections:

Orange: Ohio State vs Stanford

Cotton: Clemson vs Alabama

Sugar: LSU vs TCU

Rose: Michigan State vs Utah

Fiesta: Oklahoma vs Notre Dame

Peach: Iowa vs Memphis

1) Seems Duke is always involved in some crazy games.

2) Thanks to GaTech and USC for pushing Iowa up in the rankings...but I have this sneaking suspicion that they will be tripped up at Indiana next week. Jimbo Fisher, you and Nick Saban are everything that's wrong with college football.

3) Poor Nebraska...growing up with Oklahoma as my second team because my dad went to school there, I can for the first time ever say I'm starting to feel sorry and pity for their great fanbase. They definitely deserve better. That program was so good that they were like the Patriots of twenty years ago, and for most of the Osborne years.

Jimbo Fisher learned from the master of everything that's wrong with college football. He was well trained.

Were they predicting what the Final Four will be or what they think it should be as of now? As of right now having both in is realistic (though I have MSU 5th). A 1-loss MSU team has no chance at the playoff. A 1-loss OSU team has a slight chance but it would take an awful lot of upsets.

QUOTE (knightni @ Oct 26, 2015 -> 08:25 AM)
The USC and Georgia Tech wins helped ND's SOS. Now, they have to keep up their winning. Temple and Stanford would be excellent additions to the SOS if they take them both down easily.

ND is going to be hurt by not being a conference champion regardless of their schedule so they cannot be the 5th one loss team or something like that.

ND is going to be hurt by not being a conference champion regardless of their schedule so they cannot be the 5th one loss team or something like that.

If ND beats Stanford (which as of now I would not expect) and Stanford ends up the PAC-12 champ, then that does jump ND ahead of at least one conference champ. Big 12 champ could still have two losses so that gets ND ahead of a second conference champ. Then you would have ND battling 2nd place teams from the SEC and BIG for that 4th spot. ND deserves to beat out a 1-loss MSU or Iowa but probably not a 1-loss LSU. ND needs all SEC non-champions to have 2+ losses.

It would be really sad if ND runs the table and misses out on the playoff because of a dumbass coach who sucks at math.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Oct 26, 2015 -> 09:14 AM)
If ND beats Stanford (which as of now I would not expect) and Stanford ends up the PAC-12 champ, then that does jump ND ahead of at least one conference champ. Big 12 champ could still have two losses so that gets ND ahead of a second conference champ. Then you would have ND battling 2nd place teams from the SEC and BIG for that 4th spot. ND deserves to beat out a 1-loss MSU or Iowa but probably not a 1-loss LSU. ND needs all SEC non-champions to have 2+ losses.

It would be really sad if ND runs the table and misses out on the playoff because of a dumbass coach who sucks at math.

ND at the same number of losses isnt going to jump a similar one loss team that wins a conference title game, the Big 12 doesnt have a conference title game so they are excluded.

ND at the same number of losses isnt going to jump a similar one loss team that wins a conference title game, the Big 12 doesnt have a conference title game so they are excluded.

No, I'm talking about 1-loss teams that either lose or aren't in conference title games, like possibly MSU, Iowa or LSU. You could have 0 or 1 loss champions in the ACC, BIG and SEC and 2 loss champions in the Big 12 and PAC 12. Then you have ND battling other 1-loss non champions for that 4th spot.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Oct 26, 2015 -> 09:28 AM)
No, I'm talking about 1-loss teams that either lose or aren't in conference title games, like possibly MSU, Iowa or LSU. You could have 0 or 1 loss champions in the ACC, BIG and SEC and 2 loss champions in the Big 12 and PAC 12. Then you have ND battling other 1-loss non champions for that 4th spot.

At some point in the near future there will be one or two 1 loss teams and a host of 2 loss teams including conference champions and its going to get super messy

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 26, 2015 -> 09:42 AM)
At some point in the near future there will be one or two 1 loss teams and a host of 2 loss teams including conference champions and its going to get super messy

Last year all the favorites won the conference championship games. One year a few upsets will happen and that will really make interesting too.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 26, 2015 -> 09:50 AM)
Wisconsin was favored over Ohio State

That's because Vegas forgot that Urban Meyer was the QB whisperer. By "upset", I meant the team with playoff aspirations losing. Wisconsin, Arizona, GA Tech, and Missouri all had two losses going into the conference championship games already. Had a few of them won, it would have been interesting to see how it played out vs. the two 1-loss Big 12 teams.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 24, 2015 -> 07:54 PM)
1) Seems Duke is always involved in some crazy games.

2) Thanks to GaTech and USC for pushing Iowa up in the rankings...but I have this sneaking suspicion that they will be tripped up at Indiana next week. Jimbo Fisher, you and Nick Saban are everything that's wrong with college football.

Iowa isn't near as good as the polls would indicate. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they are winning and I hope they keep winning and their defense is good, but they have their own issues and are one of the most beatable teams I've ever seen ranked as high as they are this late in the season.