Where are you watching the opener?

justBLAZE

QUOTE (Knuckles @ Mar 19, 2015 -> 06:35 PM)
No, not the HOME OPENER. The very first game of the season Sox @ KC April 6.

I'm off for those days and looking for ideas as to where to watch the game. Trip to KC anyone?

Their first game after a trip to the World Series? Good luck getting tix.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Mar 19, 2015 -> 06:37 PM)
I will be taking the off off and parked in front of my modest 42" HDTV with a huge ass joint and a beer.

Want some company? ;)

Have not thought about where I'll be watching the opener but seeing as how the opener is quickly approaching I should start thinking more about it.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Mar 19, 2015 -> 11:08 PM)
Freakin New York City :angry:

I used to go to this place on 5th ave in park slope to watch the games sometime, the name of the bar is the address can't remember exactly now. Ah 200 fifth that's it. Not a bad place if you're around that area. Should be a good crown on opening day.

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Mar 19, 2015 -> 10:52 PM)
Want some company? ;)

Have not thought about where I'll be watching the opener but seeing as how the opener is quickly approaching I should start thinking more about it.

Yea all my friends are mariner or tiger fans (I live in Seattle now) so nobody to watch Sox games with. Even during the opener I'll be half doing something else while I'm watching. Prolly dicking around on Soxtalk and the net. The game can be exciting, but we all know it's hardly much see TV pitch to pitch until the playoffs of pennant race time. Especially with the convenience of MLB.tv replay options.

I do have travel benefits so thinking about flying into Chicago..(live in Texas now) what's a good place to watch the game in the city?

No Sox bars out here, wasn't able to find any. Not getting MLB.TV this year, had it last year and barely used it. With my work schedule it's not worth it.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Mar 19, 2015 -> 11:06 PM)
Yea all my friends are mariner or tiger fans (I live in Seattle now) so nobody to watch Sox games with. Even during the opener I'll be half doing something else while I'm watching. Prolly dicking around on Soxtalk and the net. The game can be exciting, but we all know it's hardly much see TV pitch to pitch until the playoffs of pennant race time. Especially with the convenience of MLB.tv replay options.

Tiger fans in Seattle, no s***? I wouldn't have guessed that one. Good thing is you have that joint, beer and some baseball fans to chill with. Were going to have to export some Sox fans to Seattle for you to hang and enjoy games with. :D

QUOTE (Knuckles @ Mar 20, 2015 -> 07:42 AM)
I do have travel benefits so thinking about flying into Chicago..(live in Texas now) what's a good place to watch the game in the city?

No Sox bars out here, wasn't able to find any. Not getting MLB.TV this year, had it last year and barely used it. With my work schedule it's not worth it.

at the cell. ;)

seriously, if it is a sox fan, many places to go. i always enjoyed Home Run Inn for pizza and watching the game.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Mar 19, 2015 -> 10:16 PM)
I hope I can watch it on my TV at home. I live in an area where the Cardinals and Royals are blacked out even though I am 6+ hours away from KC but I have MLB Extra Innings now so I hope I can find it somewhere

If you're in the blackout zone, Extra Innings won't help you.