ST 3/23 Sox vs Padres 3:05 start

Whisox05

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Mar 23, 2015 -> 10:45 PM)
Avi has a really s***ty arm.

Really have to hope his defense is better this year. I was watching videos from all the games in April prior to his injury, as his horrible defense might have cost the Sox 3 different games they ended up losing.

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 23, 2015 -> 04:49 PM)
Really have to hope his defense is better this year. I was watching videos from all the games in April prior to his injury, as his horrible defense might have cost the Sox 3 different games they ended up losing.

His speed should be fine at least. He looks much faster from losing the weight. The real question will be how hesitant he is with balls close to fence or within diving range cause of his shoulder.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Mar 23, 2015 -> 05:51 PM)
His speed should be fine at least. He looks much faster from losing the weight. The real question will be how hesitant he is with balls close to fence or within diving range cause of his shoulder.

Physically he's pretty athletic IMO for a guy that big. His problem is mostly what you mentioned -- he doesn't get good reads and he tends to sorta get caught in between diving and pulling up on balls hit to his left. If he just makes most the routine plays and holds most guys to doubles on balls into the corner I'll be happy.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Mar 23, 2015 -> 11:25 PM)
Man, Ramon Castro would look pretty good on this roster. Non of the backup catchers can throw for s*** and Flowers aint not great shakes himself.

It's really just a combination of crappy catchers with major deficiencies, it seems