Third Base and Catcher

cabiness42

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 13, 2015 -> 09:15 PM)
There's a definite chance Anderson becomes expendable if his defense tanks this year and Johnson plays well.

That's true, simply because he won't be able to play 2B/LF or CF (Johnson/Cabrera).

Unless Eaton also tanks and/or gets injured. Then he's still very valuable offensively...and he might end up being an even better CF than Eaton/Ramirez.

We'll just have to wait and see.

I suppose the OTHER option would be 3B, where he could be a Chone Figgins-esque (or Tony Phillips) jack of all trades, master of none, but a force offensively and on the basepaths.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 13, 2015 -> 09:15 PM)
There's a definite chance Anderson becomes expendable if his defense tanks this year and Johnson plays well.

That's true, simply because he won't be able to play 2B/LF or CF (Johnson/Cabrera).

Unless Eaton also tanks and/or gets injured. Then he's still very valuable offensively...and he might end up being an even better CF than Eaton/Ramirez.

I suppose the OTHER option would be 3B, where he could be a Chone Figgins-esque (or Tony Phillips) jack of all trades, master of none, but a force offensively and on the basepaths.

(Up until now, there seemed to be a cap on Micah (Ray Durham Lite) whereas Anderson was just beginning to tap his ultimate long-term potential but harnessing his raw tools...in the end, Anderson might be moved to 2B, with Carlos Sanchez always being the odd man out/perennial utility guy).

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 14, 2015 -> 04:21 AM)

(Up until now, there seemed to be a cap on Micah (Ray Durham Lite) whereas Anderson was just beginning to tap his ultimate long-term potential but harnessing his raw tools...in the end, Anderson might be moved to 2B, with Carlos Sanchez always being the odd man out/perennial utility guy).

that is what i have been thinking. but the question remains if and i do mean if he can't handle the defense at SS, how will he handle the defense at 3b.

The Sox don't have the depth of prospects to trade. That said, we traded FOUR for a 1 year rent of Shark. None elite, but of the 4, 2 are on Oak's roster and 2 are in their top 10 prospects list.

And it's not just trading prospects - people want to trade them for their heroes, even if they have reached their peak. And then they don't want to trade the Sox heroes.

This idea of "All in" for 2015 was silly from the start, and I'm glad the Sox didn't buy in (even though I didn't much like trading for a 1 year rent)

They key to fixing this team this offseason will be not only Rodon, but also Montas, Danish, Johnson and Sanchez. I wouldn't be surprised for some of those guys to be in the pen in 2015, if only temporarily. But if they develop, it will allow us to trade heroes in the offseason to shore up weaknesses. Heroes such as Quintana and Ramirez.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Apr 14, 2015 -> 04:41 PM)
The Sox don't have the depth of prospects to trade. That said, we traded FOUR for a 1 year rent of Shark. None elite, but of the 4, 2 are on Oak's roster and 2 are in their top 10 prospects list.

And it's not just trading prospects - people want to trade them for their heroes, even if they have reached their peak. And then they don't want to trade the Sox heroes.

This idea of "All in" for 2015 was silly from the start, and I'm glad the Sox didn't buy in (even though I didn't much like trading for a 1 year rent)

They key to fixing this team this offseason will be not only Rodon, but also Montas, Danish, Johnson and Sanchez. I wouldn't be surprised for some of those guys to be in the pen in 2015, if only temporarily. But if they develop, it will allow us to trade heroes in the offseason to shore up weaknesses. Heroes such as Quintana and Ramirez.

excellent points and many new ideas that hasn't been mention. i like it.

however, i can some what disagree on what i bolded. but that can wait for another day.