4/23 - White Sox vs. Royals 7:10 CST

Dunt

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 23, 2015 -> 05:55 PM)
what is going on with the weather in the midwest man...snowing in detroit last night and a game time temp tonight in the low 40s again? Just brutal.

Pretty cold, but actually the Cubs /Cardinals game that didn't have to be postponed is the only game that hasn't been played this season.

• Replies 946
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Apr 23, 2015 -> 03:37 PM)
With Sale, I use pen not pencil. He is 5-0 in March/April the last 2 years.

Going against his 7-8 career record against KC....losing 14 of the last 17 head-to-head vs. KC, etc.

I'm not sure I would bet my nest egg here.

The thing that's scary to me is Ventura hasn't pitched a game reminiscent of his 2015 post-season. He's scuffled with control, injuries and emotions and hasn't put everything together.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 23, 2015 -> 06:27 PM)
I honestly cannot even imagine trying to hit off Chris Sale in 40 degree weather. I mean, you're talking jam shot stingers that last the entire game. I have a feeling he's going to have even more of an advantage tonight.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 23, 2015 -> 07:27 PM)
I honestly cannot even imagine trying to hit off Chris Sale in 40 degree weather. I mean, you're talking jam shot stingers that last the entire game. I have a feeling he's going to have even more of an advantage tonight.

LOL. They should just make the guys do that thing where you spin around with your head on the bat for a minute then try and run to first. It might be easier than hitting Chris today.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 23, 2015 -> 05:55 PM)
what is going on with the weather in the midwest man...snowing in detroit last night and a game time temp tonight in the low 40s again? Just brutal.

It happens every year, yet we all act surprised. There is a reason pool /lake season is only from Memorial Day to Labor Day.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Apr 23, 2015 -> 04:12 PM)
I see things the exact opposite, I think the Tigers are going to come back to earth with their older roster, while I still feel like the Royals are vastly underrated.

I see where you are coming from but that starting rotation just does not look strong to me. I feel like they really miss Shields, and the bullpen will too come fall.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 23, 2015 -> 06:17 PM)
Going against his 7-8 career record against KC....losing 14 of the last 17 head-to-head vs. KC, etc.

I'm not sure I would bet my nest egg here.

The thing that's scary to me is Ventura hasn't pitched a game reminiscent of his 2015 post-season. He's scuffled with control, injuries and emotions and hasn't put everything together.

Yes, Sale is 7-8 vs. KC, but you didn't mention his 2.68 ERA vs. your boys. Ventura is 2-2 with a 4.67 ERA vs. Sox. I think Dick Allen may be on to something.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Apr 23, 2015 -> 05:58 PM)
Yes, Sale is 7-8 vs. KC, but you didn't mention his 2.68 ERA vs. your boys. Ventura is 2-2 with a 4.67 ERA vs. Sox. I think Dick Allen may be on to something.

That latter is a scary thought.

Of course, Kluber should have won yesterday going by the fact that he's the incumbent Cy Young winner and had three very solid starts prior to last night where the Indians scored a grand total of 5 runs for him.

QUOTE (Condor13 @ Apr 23, 2015 -> 08:05 PM)
Hopefully mlb.tv won't be too far behind live play today, I think that is wishful thinking though.

MLB.tv has been really awful for me this year. Lots of stuttering and this is on different networks as well. Hope it gets better. It's really infiruorating that I can't hard set teh quality. It always tries to go full HD when I don't have the bandwidth and then I get the spinning wheel and it has to rebuffer. If I could just set "med high" like a few years ago it would be perfect in those situations.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 23, 2015 -> 08:06 PM)
MLB.tv has been really awful for me this year. Lots of stuttering and this is on different networks as well. Hope it gets better.

The only time it works well for me is when I use the old media player on my comp. I prefer to watch it through my Xbox to get the HD quality but man that thing will lag or freeze up constantly..