4/24-26 - The Pale Hose vs. The Team That Inspired Lorde's Angst

Quin

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Apr 25, 2015 -> 02:55 AM)
He's still only 23 and without the benefit of a full season in the Major Leagues, so you would think he does have time, with experience, to fine tune those tools and then recognize his talent. The problem I have at this point is trying to get him to do that underneath the pressure of being a middle-of-the-order hitter. He needs to be down around 7th in the order at this stage of his career.

If he's going to continue this approach, he'd be better off in the minors. He's only 23. He could go down, learn how to hit, and still be a star from 25-38.

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Apr 25, 2015 -> 02:55 AM)
He's still only 23 and without the benefit of a full season in the Major Leagues, so you would think he does have time, with experience, to fine tune those tools and then recognize his talent. The problem I have at this point is trying to get him to do that underneath the pressure of being a middle-of-the-order hitter. I think he needs to be down around 7th in the order at this stage of his career.

When's the last time the Sox were able to help a young hitter develop and adjust to the scouting report against him?

Like you said, at least LaRoche tried on that one pitch to go to left. But this is insane. He should be changing his stance and just dribble a grounder to left when they are in an embarrassing shift like that. I'm not a big LaRoche fan right now.