**SPOILER THREAD** GAME OF THRONES ** SPOILER THREAD **

TaylorStSox

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 30, 2017 -> 09:53 PM)
Yeah I have to say the "physics" of this world are being bent so much it's starting to lose the thread for me.

Apparently Euron's fleet has teleportation powers

and what the hell happened to Highgarden's entire army? They weren't involved in the siege of Casterly Rock, so where were they?

Edited by StrangeSox

What was the point of Jorah getting gray-scale if he simply runs right back to Dany? There's got to be some reason to send him to Oldtown and/or meet Sam.

Also pretty crazy that Dorne & the Tyrells are completely out of the picture now. Seemed kind of rushed to me TBH. If the end game is really Starks + Targs vs. Lannisters before the ultimate war against the White Walkers, then I hope GRRM finds a more interesting way to get there. There's way more going on in the books right now and getting to this ultimate showdown between the main families can't be as simple as the show made it.

The show is going to feel rushed because there are budget constraints and they're running out of time. I'm sure everyone involved is ready to move on with their lives and start new projects. They've been working on this for damn near a decade.

I'm actually glad they didn't shoe another run of the mill battle scene is this episode. I thought the narration was really well done. It felt more cinematic than typical TV.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jul 31, 2017 -> 01:25 PM)
Apparently Euron's fleet has teleportation powers

Euron's fleet could have attacked Yara's group and then sailed around and caught up with the Unsullied attack group. Very awkward storytelling on the timeline though.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jul 31, 2017 -> 01:25 PM)
and what the hell happened to Highgarden's entire army? They weren't involved in the siege of Casterly Rock, so where were they?

Only thing I can think of is that Jaime + Randall Tarly convinced the other lords of The Reach to fight for the Crown instead of the Tyrells. Otherwise, pretty bogus since The Reach has a much larger army than the Lannisters and they're not out doing anything.

Yea this is my issue with shortening the seasons, they just want to get to the end without being clear on how they are getting to it. Not saying we need filler to show ships moving from Dorne to Highgarden but some time lapse would be nice (or more explanation).

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Jul 31, 2017 -> 09:13 AM)
We've also hit the point where a strange phenomenon in TV occurs. People start to watch the show just to find inconsistencies. It happened with The Sopranos too. This show is even more subject to it because of its incredibly massive scale.

These were pretty bad. Euron would have had to find a worm hole.

I guess I assumed that Euron was back at King's Landing presenting Cersei with Ellaria at or before the time that Jon left Winterfell. So if Euron left King's Landing at about the same time, is it really that far off the time line? You have to assume it took weeks for Jon to get to Dragonstone, and then I think they hinted that he was there for a while (even if you don't see it). I don't think we're supposed to believe that the Dragonstone stuff happened in a single day.

If we're really going to gripe about the timeline, what's taking the Knight's King so long to attack the south? They've been walking for years.

Or the one I have the most trouble with - how many forces do the Lannisters really have? They have to have enough of a garrison to protect King's Landing from a direct attack, but they also have enough to keep a small garrison at Castle Rock and then an invasion force at Highgarden? And more to the point - it's questionable whether Cersei or Jaime would take that force away from King's Landing knowing that Dany and her dragons are already back in Westeros. I get that they needed gold to pay off the Iron Bank, but what's the point of getting that gold if Dany attacks King's Landing and everyone is killed/captured?

To your last point, I think it's a calculated risk. Davos was able to see the plan of Dany not wanting to be known as a conquerer, so not out of the realm of thought that Cersei saw it as well.

Tyrion has gotten his ass kicked in his plans so far, my one thought is that they are getting beat up so badly that they will have to go the Stannis route. Go up north to secure an ally there and fight the white walkers, win the realm over by saving it.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Jul 31, 2017 -> 09:13 AM)
We've also hit the point where a strange phenomenon in TV occurs. People start to watch the show just to find inconsistencies. It happened with The Sopranos too. This show is even more subject to it because of its incredibly massive scale.

I agree with this statement.

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Jul 31, 2017 -> 08:43 AM)
I guess I assumed that Euron was back at King's Landing presenting Cersei with Ellaria at or before the time that Jon left Winterfell. So if Euron left King's Landing at about the same time, is it really that far off the time line? You have to assume it took weeks for Jon to get to Dragonstone, and then I think they hinted that he was there for a while (even if you don't see it). I don't think we're supposed to believe that the Dragonstone stuff happened in a single day.

If we're really going to gripe about the timeline, what's taking the Knight's King so long to attack the south? They've been walking for years.

Or the one I have the most trouble with - how many forces do the Lannisters really have? They have to have enough of a garrison to protect King's Landing from a direct attack, but they also have enough to keep a small garrison at Castle Rock and then an invasion force at Highgarden? And more to the point - it's questionable whether Cersei or Jaime would take that force away from King's Landing knowing that Dany and her dragons are already back in Westeros. I get that they needed gold to pay off the Iron Bank, but what's the point of getting that gold if Dany attacks King's Landing and everyone is killed/captured?

Seriously on the bolded.

I agree with the last point as well. Last season, the Lannister's forces were spread so thin that they couldn't deal with a couple Faith's Militant with clubs. This season, they are an unstoppable force keeping peace in the Riverlands, garrisoning Casterly Rock, protecting KL, and apparently are strong enough that LF and Sansa are worried about them invading the North in winter?

Not enough character development going on here. After blowing up her allies and the Pope of Westeros last season, Cersei has seen no political consequences for that act. At all. It's jarring to me.

QUOTE (illinilaw08 @ Jul 31, 2017 -> 09:55 AM)
Seriously on the bolded.

I agree with the last point as well. Last season, the Lannister's forces were spread so thin that they couldn't deal with a couple Faith's Militant with clubs. This season, they are an unstoppable force keeping peace in the Riverlands, garrisoning Casterly Rock, protecting KL, and apparently are strong enough that LF and Sansa are worried about them invading the North in winter?

Not enough character development going on here. After blowing up her allies and the Pope of Westeros last season, Cersei has seen no political consequences for that act. At all. It's jarring to me.

There has to be more to the story. I'm hoping next episode we still if they put all of their eggs in the HG basket. Cersei is going to get hers eventually I assume.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Jul 31, 2017 -> 07:13 AM)

Not me...I watch and enjoy. I wish they would have had a normal season length (vs. this 6 episode season) as I think it would have better allowed for the timing matters, but I still absolutely enjoy the show.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jul 31, 2017 -> 07:53 AM)
To your last point, I think it's a calculated risk. Davos was able to see the plan of Dany not wanting to be known as a conquerer, so not out of the realm of thought that Cersei saw it as well.

Tyrion has gotten his ass kicked in his plans so far, my one thought is that they are getting beat up so badly that they will have to go the Stannis route. Go up north to secure an ally there and fight the white walkers, win the realm over by saving it.

That is what I think now. And I think Cersei knows a lot and they are taking their own risks and it is working out perfectly.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 31, 2017 -> 10:00 AM)
There has to be more to the story. I'm hoping next episode we still if they put all of their eggs in the HG basket. Cersei is going to get hers eventually I assume.

This is the thing that bothers me right now. Cersei has made enough mistakes to kill at least 3 Starks. Sure, she's had a few setbacks, but she's still alive and improving her position. She literally hand-waved away their massive debt to The Iron Bank with "the check is in the mail."

Time warping to get people where they want when they want has happened the whole series. Remember like episode 3? Ros got from Winterfell to Kings Landing in like an hour in a rocket-fueled turnip cart. Tyrion went from Winterfell to The Wall to an inn in the Riverlands to The Eyrie in like 3 episodes.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 31, 2017 -> 10:28 AM)
Not me...I watch and enjoy. I wish they would have had a normal season length (vs. this 6 episode season) as I think it would have better allowed for the timing matters, but I still absolutely enjoy the show.

I'm the same way. I take it at face value and either like it or don't.

It reminds me of the people trying to break down Zack Collins swing even though they've seen it like 10 times and have no coaching experience. *opens can of worms*

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jul 31, 2017 -> 10:54 AM)
This is the thing that bothers me right now. Cersei has made enough mistakes to kill at least 3 Starks. Sure, she's had a few setbacks, but she's still alive and improving her position. She literally hand-waved away their massive debt to The Iron Bank with "the check is in the mail."

Time warping to get people where they want when they want has happened the whole series. Remember like episode 3? Ros got from Winterfell to Kings Landing in like an hour in a rocket-fueled turnip cart. Tyrion went from Winterfell to The Wall to an inn in the Riverlands to The Eyrie in like 3 episodes.

I thought they handled that pretty well though. Her counter wasn't just a promise to pay in 14 days, it was that the bank has no choice but to fund Cersei's war. They can't align with Dany because Dany is opposed to how the bank makes money. The bank loses if Dany wins the war.