White Sox improving gradually against DET

caulfield12

5-13 (3-6 at USCF, 2-7 at DET)

6-12 (5-4 at USCF, 1-8 at DET)

7-12 (4-6 at USCF, 3-6 at DET)

9-10 (4-5 at USCF, 5-5 at DET)

Overall since 2011, head-to-head

27-47 (11-26 at DET, 16-21 at USCF)

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 5, 2015 -> 09:08 PM)
Yeah, 29-49 now.

We have the rotation well-aligned with Sale and Q and they're going with Simon/Lobstein, so NOT taking 2/3 would be pretty much unacceptable at this point.

This NEEDS to be a sweep.

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ May 6, 2015 -> 08:29 AM)
No, it doesn't. A series win is just fine.

It's May 6th, the Sox dont need to make up for that 5 game skid all at once. Just win these series' and they'll be right in the thick of it a month and a half from now.

Exactly. A large part of the problem with the Sox play is it appears they are trying to make 3 games up in the standings almost every night. This is beyond a marathon. Every team will go into a funk, unfortunately, all we have seen from the White Sox is a funk, so many have just assumed that is what they are.

With our top 3 starters going we need to sweep. Time for this team to nut up and gain back some ground.

I'm not saying we cant sweep and I'm not saying it'd be a bad thing if we did. If we sweep I'll be very happy! Probably pull a few Soxtalkers away from the ledge.

But the Sox dont NEED to sweep. Good teams will beat good pitchers, and the Tigers are a good team.

Considering Q's last start vs. Detroit and Sale's last start in general I would be very happy with 2/3...we need to walk before we can run.

That being said I feel 2/3 is necessary this weekend as well even though it's going to be a makeshift pitching rotation.

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ May 6, 2015 -> 08:29 AM)
No, it doesn't. A series win is just fine.

It's May 6th, the Sox dont need to make up for that 5 game skid all at once. Just win these series' and they'll be right in the thick of it a month and a half from now.

This is exactly the type of baseball they have been playing too often this year. Too impatient and trying to do too much at once.