AL mvp canidates

Bmr31

1. Esteban Loaiza - some homerism here, but think about where the Sox would be right now without him. We very likely would be 10 games back in the division, you can't say that for one member of any other contender. Usually not in favor of pitchers winning the award but no hitter on a contending team is having a great year.

2. Bret Boone - gold glover at second base also producing tremendous numbers for a contending team

3. Frank Thomas - no other hitter in the AL has been as clutch coming down the stretch as Frank Thomas

4. Alex Rodriguez - look at the numbers and a gold glove caliber shortstop, enough said.

5. Manny Ramirez - he is having an excellent year but his issues in the clubhouse will probably hold him back in the voting.

1. Esteban Loaiza - some homerism here, but think about where the Sox would be right now without him. We very likely would be 10 games back in the division, you can't say that for one member of any other contender.  Usually not in favor of pitchers winning the award but no hitter on a contending team is having a great year.

2. Bret Boone - gold glover at second base also producing tremendous numbers for a contending team

3. Frank Thomas - no other hitter in the AL been as clutch coming down the stretch as Frank Thomas

4. Alex Rodriguez - look at the numbers and a gold glove caliber shortstop, enough said.

5. Manny Ramirez - he is having an excellent year but his issues in the clubhouse will probably hold him back in the voting.

I'd like to think Esty had a chance at that, but pitchers rarely ever do.

Frank could be a legit choice, if he could just raise his average to about 275-280

Sorry to say, but a pitcher won't win the MVP unless he has an unbelievable season and no everyday player distinquished himself from the bunch. Frank is the only real Sox candidate. I'd love to see Mags have a chance, but he would need more rbi's, as DonkeyKongerko said earlier. A list of candidates would have to include: Frank Thomas, Manny Ramirez, Carlos Beltran, Alfonso Soriano, Carlos Delgado, Vernon Wells, Bret Boone, Eric Chavez, Miguel Tejada, and the ever popular Ichiro.

In no particular order, I'd have to say Frank, Shannon Stewart, Nomar, Bret Boone, and as a sleeper pick(he won't get it), Angel Berroa.

You could also put Delgado and a Yankee or two on that list too....but if you ask me, in all honesty, I give it to Shannon Stewart. He has almost single-handedly turned the Twins around, or has atleast sparked them. He is the Robby Alomar of the White Sox, only he has been much more productive in setting and clearing the table. I don't care if they dont make the playoffs....he is my MVP(with Frank being the runner up).

Unfortunately, I don't think you are gonna see an MVP winner with a .260-265 btting average. That would be the lowest average EVER for an MVP. I don't think we will have the MVP winner, but theres no question that Este should get the Cy Young, and Comeback Player of the year awards.

I disagree. I dont think Esty made a comback, becuase he was never really "here" This is his first big season, even though he has been around for a while.  If anyone deserves the comback award is Frank.

Frank didn't really comeback either....he is still far below the standards that he himself set. A 260 average, albeit with alot of power, isnt gonna win that award IMO.

Nomar is a great MVP canidate, especially if he can get his team into the playoffs. I like A-Rod and even though his team isn't winning he's going to get that award one of these years. Thomas has been real huge for us this year, but on a national scale those numbers just won't get it done. Ramirez, Tejada, and Ichiro are some other good caindates. But in a year without a true standout, I think it will go to A-Rod.