Multiple Victims in Charleston SC Church Shooting

Rex Kickass

Jon Stewart was great on the shooting. He expressed sadness and said America would do nothing about this issue and all similar issues. He said we'll just blame one depraved mind. He said this was a racial issue killing which obviously it was.

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What appears to be Roof's personal website found, website listed as "lastrhodesian.com". Including txt file "manifesto" explaining how he realized that things were unfair for white people after the Trayvon Martin killing and he found the website of the "Council of Conservative Citizens". He then includes rants against a number of races, explains how he's read accounts of slave owning and that black people were better treated under slavery, comments on the fate of white kids who have to attend schools that are 90% black, bemoans the lack of skinheads or KKK doing anything about the problem of too many blacks, and states that he chose Charleston because it once had the highest ratio of blacks to whites in the country.

Oh and here's a nice shot from the website.

f.jpg

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jun 20, 2015 -> 11:56 AM)
But according to some we can't possibly know his motivation.

So which is it, the confederate flag didn't cause this or the confederate flag and its history and all it represents caused (sorry, "motivated") this?

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 19, 2015 -> 02:21 PM)
There's no constitutional requirement that the government display the Confederate flag.

And while people may have a constitutional right to be racist a** holes, I have a similar right to point out the connection between that and people being killed by a racist a**hole while doing what he believed racist a**holes should be doing. And when their whole state government decides "Hey it's a great idea to show off that we're racist a**holes", then I have a similar right to point out that "everyone being ok with a bunch of racist a**holes is part of the problem"

I was pointing out that even if we know someone's racist (not a crime) you can't prevent them from getting a gun (constitutional right). Hence the no response. There's little we can (should) do in that situation.

What's your solution Balta? You're President for the day. Someone reports there's a racist in the south. Are you trying to convince Congress to pass a law that prevents racists from getting a gun (assuming you can get it done?) Should we do full background checks to buy a gun? How are you going to use the legal system to prevent a sick person like this from killing people absent entire gun bans, which even then isn't going to do it because prohibitions never, ever work.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 20, 2015 -> 12:25 PM)
So which is it, the confederate flag didn't cause this or the confederate flag and its history and all it represents caused (sorry, "motivated") this?

This isn't very confusing. The confederate flag didn't cause this, but it is the self-adopted symbol of the ideology that did. Just like the Nazi swastika didn't cause the Holocaust but it's a symbol used by neo-nazis to mark their ideology.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 20, 2015 -> 01:38 PM)
I was pointing out that even if we know someone's racist (not a crime) you can't prevent them from getting a gun (constitutional right). Hence the no response. There's little we can (should) do in that situation.

What's your solution Balta? You're President for the day. Someone reports there's a racist in the south. Are you trying to convince Congress to pass a law that prevents racists from getting a gun (assuming you can get it done?) Should we do full background checks to buy a gun? How are you going to use the legal system to prevent a sick person like this from killing people absent entire gun bans, which even then isn't going to do it because prohibitions never, ever work.

Except everywhere else in the developed world.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jun 20, 2015 -> 01:55 PM)
This isn't very confusing. The confederate flag didn't cause this, but it is the self-adopted symbol of the ideology that did. Just like the Nazi swastika didn't cause the Holocaust but it's a symbol used by neo-nazis to mark their ideology.

And that's the real game. It's ok to hammer African Americans with little bits non-stop. The murdered pastor of that church also served in the SC State House and had to drive past a symbol every single day heading there to remind him that the state views him as less human than the real, important people. So of course it didn't cause this. But after all, you can't point to any single time that someone was called a N**** in front of this terrorist and say "that's the time that did it" so therefore all the times that he heard that word and called people that word are ok.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 20, 2015 -> 11:57 AM)
Gawker posted at least a large portion of the text in their article on it.

Why don't you stop bringing attention to this piece of s*** and avoid spreading his hate manifesto? The publicity these killers get is oftentimes equally or even more important than the lives they take. I get you must tie every tragedy into your political agenda, but can you please do without posting this garbage?

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jun 20, 2015 -> 02:05 PM)
Why don't you stop bringing attention to this piece of s*** and avoid spreading his hate manifesto? The publicity these killers get is oftentimes equally or even more important than the lives they take. I get you must tie every tragedy into your political agenda, but can you please do without posting this garbage?

1. I posted the link. You could choose not to follow it.

2. I feel understanding the thoughts that leads people to become terrorists is important in building a society that doesn't breed them.

We turn our backs on the hatred people spew on a daily basis then when it comes back in the form of a terrorist with a gun we raise our hands and say "oh how could we have known".

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 20, 2015 -> 01:08 PM)

2. I feel understanding the thoughts that leads people to become terrorists is important in building a society that doesn't breed them.

We turn our backs on the hatred people spew on a daily basis then when it comes back in the form of a terrorist with a gun we raise our hands and say "oh how could we have known".

The guy is clearly a mentally-ill individual who convinced himself that blacks were evil. Did you honestly need to read his manifesto to know that out? And now that you did, have you figured out how to build a society that doesn't breed these "terrorists" as you refer to them as? What did you learn from his manifesto that we can use stop these attacks going forward?

Edited by Chicago White Sox

So again, what's your solution? Great we got rid of a dumb flag. You think that's stopping this guy from his hate? Should we start up some thought police? Keep tabs on anyone that has posted terrible things on the internet?

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 20, 2015 -> 02:33 PM)
So again, what's your solution? Great we got rid of a dumb flag. You think that's stopping this guy from his hate? Should we start up some thought police? Keep tabs on anyone that has posted terrible things on the internet?

Frankly this is one thing that I think as a society we do need to do better. Maybe it's not the government, but the companies that own social media networks need to do a better job.

Anyway, how about we actually have people in positions of power stand up for the right thing and call this out? For an example... how many Republican Presidential Candidates or the people on their promotional cable network have pretended for the past 2 days that this had nothing to do with race? Or had the first thing out of their mouth be "we could never know what motivated a person like this". The governor of South Carolina said that immediately afterwards. The ex-governor of Texas called it an "accident". How about they actually stand up and say "no, the state of South Carolina publicly endorsing racism is a bad thing."

You want an example? Here.

@MittRomney

Take down the #ConfederateFlag at the SC Capitol. To many, it is a symbol of racial hatred. Remove it now to honor #Charleston victims.

Applause. How hard was that?

I think it's sort of hilarious that you said this. They raised a flag. You could choose not to give it any weight.

It's free speech, guys. Whether you agree with what it stands for or not, it's anyone's right to fly a Confederate or nazi flag. And Balta, you never really answered the question of what you would do to prevent a shooting like this. You just made a smarmy remark.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 20, 2015 -> 04:53 PM)
What appears to be Roof's personal website found, website listed as "lastrhodesian.com". Including txt file "manifesto" explaining how he realized that things were unfair for white people after the Trayvon Martin killing and he found the website of the "Council of Conservative Citizens". He then includes rants against a number of races, explains how he's read accounts of slave owning and that black people were better treated under slavery, comments on the fate of white kids who have to attend schools that are 90% black, bemoans the lack of skinheads or KKK doing anything about the problem of too many blacks, and states that he chose Charleston because it once had the highest ratio of blacks to whites in the country.

f.jpg

This was a hate crime; the work of a racist. Case closed. The punk will be in jail the next 50 years or so til he dies. Nice life. The racist's manifesto will mean he won't be declared insane. Too bad I'd rather have him sit in jail 50-60 years than get the death penalty. Let him rot in prison 23 of 24 hours every single day the next 50 years. LOL at the punk. You gonna rot in jail

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jun 20, 2015 -> 06:08 PM)
Yeah how stupid to examine and expose the horrible ideology behind his killings, just chalk it up to an unknowable mystery and move on.

I just wish we as a society wouldn't use the killer's name. Ever. Just make a nickname up for him. Call him the alleged murderer in South Carolina. Nobody cares about trying to prevent these crimes. They just blast people like me for my previous sentences. My GOD ... freedom of the press, freedom of speech, the right to know!! Sure, but it's our country that's been ruined. I'd just call him the alleged South Carolina killer. The alledged Colorado movie theatre killer and leave it at that. I don't care to know this punk's name or his life story. I just don't.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 20, 2015 -> 11:53 AM)

f.jpg

I notice you didn't paste in the pic of him burning the American flag. Would that have made him seem a slight bit less conservative in your mind? I men, what self respecting teabagger would burn an American flag! He is evil, cloaked in racism. I would almost be happy if the police car transporting him to trial broke down in the middle of gang territory and the cops were forced to abandon the car.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Jun 20, 2015 -> 10:55 PM)
I notice you didn't paste in the pic of him burning the American flag. Would that have made him seem a slight bit less conservative in your mind? I men, what self respecting teabagger would burn an American flag! He is evil, cloaked in racism. I would almost be happy if the police car transporting him to trial broke down in the middle of gang territory and the cops were forced to abandon the car.

This is different than the Tea Party....it's the belief the U.S. Government with its quotas and affirmative action policies doesn't have dominion over the South, that the Civil War still is being fought today and that Appomattox never happened.

People with this belief would only accept the Stars and Bars as their state or national flag.

Do you see anything about Roof's "tax philosophy" anywhere? This is no deep thinker, it's simple racism and hatred.

Even his own family members have offered to push the button and inject him with potassium chloride.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 21, 2015 -> 05:06 AM)
Even his own family members have offered to push the button and inject him with potassium chloride.

Yeah, it was interesting his own family members want him removed from this earth. He really doesn't deserve to be here any longer. Now if he gets the privilege to keep living, he'll probably be beaten severely in prison over his racist attitudes.