6/23 Games

NorthSideSox72

The Southern, Carolina and South Atlantic leagues all have their All Star games today...

Southern - BHAM - roster includes Tim Anderson, Joey DeMichele, Adrian Nieto and Frankie Montas. 7:20pm CT, on MiLB.tv

Carolina - Winston-Salem - roster includes James Dykstra, Matt Heidenreich and Omar Narvaez. 9:35pm CT, no TV I can find

South Atlantic - Kannapolis - roster includes Eddy Alvarez and Brett Austin. 6:35pm CT, no TV I can find.

Trey Michalczewski was also a CAR All Star, but his back injury is keeping him out.

Here's the rest of the schedule.

Haviland for CHAR, Magallones for GTF, AZL is TBA

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Jun 23, 2015 -> 11:42 AM)
How is Nieto an All Star? He is hitting .210.

I wondered the same thing. Then again, how much catching depth is there in the minors across baseball? Very little. What other catchers in the SL, that aren't already also on that roster, would go in instead?

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 23, 2015 -> 12:44 PM)
I wondered the same thing. Then again, how much catching depth is there in the minors across baseball? Very little. What other catchers in the SL, that aren't already also on that roster, would go in instead?

Lol there are 4 qualified catchers in the SL. Nieto has the 2nd best OPS at .650. 3rd and 4th have a .570 and a .550.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jun 23, 2015 -> 01:10 PM)
Lol there are 4 qualified catchers in the SL. Nieto has the 2nd best OPS at .650. 3rd and 4th have a .570 and a .550.

That's what I'm sayin'. Catching depth is really hard to come by.

Which is why I'd love to see the Sox shovel together enough money to sign Mike Hickman from this draft. Won't help them this year or next, but any chance at a potential starting (or better) catcher, you leap at it.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 23, 2015 -> 01:28 PM)
That's what I'm sayin'. Catching depth is really hard to come by.

Which is why I'd love to see the Sox shovel together enough money to sign Mike Hickman from this draft. Won't help them this year or next, but any chance at a potential starting (or better) catcher, you leap at it.

All depends on if they can squeeze some savings out of Fulmer. I think they have about $100k in savings so far if my math is right.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 23, 2015 -> 01:39 PM)
All depends on if they can squeeze some savings out of Fulmer. I think they have about $100k in savings so far if my math is right.

See the post in thread I made about Quick Draft Update - all the gory math is in there.

Even with Fulmer at slot, they could offer about 250k without tax penalty, or 425k with the penalty, to try to get Hickman.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 23, 2015 -> 07:51 PM)
See the post in thread I made about Quick Draft Update - all the gory math is in there.

Even with Fulmer at slot, they could offer about 250k without tax penalty, or 425k with the penalty, to try to get Hickman.

has anyone mention who Fulmer adviser is???

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jun 23, 2015 -> 10:48 PM)
Jarvis 3-5, HR, 4 RBIs, 2 R

Rodriguez 3-4, HR, RBI, 2R

Velasquez 1-3

Erwin 2.1 2H 0ER 0BB 2K

Comito with a scoreless 2 innings of work.

Nice to see these young guys raking at GF.

Adolfo also 2-5 last night. If these guys have a month of success at their levels, I wouldn't be surprised to see them in Kanny.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 23, 2015 -> 08:57 PM)
Anderson done for the game - 2-3, 3B, 2B, K.

Austin also done - 1-2, K.

The leadoff hitter for the SAL South is John Johnson. Who does that to their child?

There was a guy named John John. And he was the III.

Crain is an extreme longshot...about the same as most AZL players, I would think.

Edited by GreenSox