2015-16 NHL thread

QUOTE (LDF @ Dec 19, 2015 -> 10:14 AM)
no, 4.5 mil for bickell, 4.0 mil for Johansen, send back Dano plus and the hawks will get a player who is an elite player.... certitude with several yrs under his belt, not a player who needs to get motivated to play his game.

That would be a fireable offense if Columbus made that trade.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LDF @ Dec 19, 2015 -> 11:14 AM)
no, 4.5 mil for bickell, 4.0 mil for Johansen, send back Dano plus and the hawks will get a player who is an elite player.... certitude with several yrs under his belt, not a player who needs to get motivated to play his game.

This isn't Xbox

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 19, 2015 -> 05:06 PM)
That would be a fireable offense if Columbus made that trade.

i can see what you are saying, columbus does not want to loose at this point, in any trade and they too are at the cap limits. however they are getting something plus for Johansen. a player they been trying to move since summer... as of right now, some are offering just 2 players. and some of those aren't elite. here they are getting back a player they know when he was the team, dano, who scores, young and controlable, plus a 1 rnd and more.

but i cam see where is the rtn for them expecting to be a huge haul. with bickel they could and should have qualms in bury his contract ,and the pkg to help ease the pain.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Dec 21, 2015 -> 02:53 AM)
Stop me if you've heard this one before-

Toews with the OT GWG

the hawks are on a roll. i will not talk about anything negative.

i was reading a projection, based on some sort of stats, i think it is stats alone and not some kind of metrics. but they, in the article projected the hawks to being 3 or 4 seated coming out of a the toughest division in the nhl. i am happy for Dallas, they really needed this shot of success for their fan base.

but playoff time, it is a whole new game....

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 21, 2015 -> 06:22 PM)
I bet Varlamov and the Avalanche can but luckily they won't be in the playoffs anyway. :D

i really wouldn't trust the hawks luck against, Dallas, Kings, and a lot of the eastern teams.

So non Hawks related, I'm in Boston for Christmas, and I'm after Bruins Tickets for their game on Saturday Night.

Unfortunately the cheapest I can find so far is $130. Is anyone aware of any other Ticketing Sites besides the usual ones (Stubhub etc.)?

QUOTE (LDF @ Dec 21, 2015 -> 02:35 PM)
yeah, i made a mistake, i was still thinking old school. but in the east Det, the the Metropolitan is the one i am leery of.

I think what he meant is that he's surprised you'd say the Hawks aren't better than Dallas, LA and a lot of EC teams.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Dec 21, 2015 -> 08:54 PM)
So non Hawks related, I'm in Boston for Christmas, and I'm after Bruins Tickets for their game on Saturday Night.

Unfortunately the cheapest I can find so far is $130. Is anyone aware of any other Ticketing Sites besides the usual ones (Stubhub etc.)?

Give ebay a shot. I used to sell a lot of my tickets there

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Dec 22, 2015 -> 02:39 PM)
Tonight feels like one of those games where the Hawks get blown out and everyone overreacts by saying things like "should have kept Sharp" or "bench dat bum Crawford!"

Imagine if there is somehow a Niemi no-no tonight, too, the meatheads might explode.

Can't remember the last time I was this intrigued by a regular season game, hoping to catch a good portion of it.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Dec 22, 2015 -> 09:39 PM)
I think what he meant is that he's surprised you'd say the Hawks aren't better than Dallas, LA and a lot of EC teams.

i am a die hard fan of both the hawks and the sox. but with the sox, i can see them and their faults.

but as i said, come playoff time....... watch out.

Good team, good coach, I think Dallas has done a good job to become what they are now. We'll just have to see if they can keep it up through another 40+ games and an entire postseason.

As for the Hawks, they just need to keep winning as many games as possible. This is one of those games when, in the moment, can feel incredibly disheartening to lose, but the season isn't even halfway over yet and a lot can change. Tip your cap and move on.