2015-16 NHL thread

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Sep 17, 2015 -> 06:07 PM)
I don't either. Too many changes, and a ton happened this off-season on and off the ice. But as I said, this is the first year in a while there are a lot of questions, and I like that.

My outlook would be totally different if they still hadn't won a cup. But that isn't the case.

for the most part i would agree but this team has players who has been thru this rt before. right after each cup. so in essence, this is like those times.

so i would, only b/c of who they are, coach Q, the main core of leaders and an experience goalie. there are too many good pieces that this team can depend on.

i think and i may be wrong, but this is the reason i would trust the hawks type of players they depend on and of course the the coaching staff.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 17, 2015 -> 07:55 PM)
T minus 5 minutes until Blackhawks presser at training camp in South Bend

well, i wonder if there is going to be any question on pre-game travel.

what a fluff interview.

good strategy thou. lay the ground rules and keep it within that spectrum .....

drinking is a legal advice not to answer???

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 17, 2015 -> 08:44 PM)
Grew up a Sox fan. Who knows, maybe if Rocky buys the Sox down the road, they'll make that switch.

the absolute difference in hiring a pro for the pres and hiring from within and players.

this is like a fine clock ticking.

i am pissed.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Sep 17, 2015 -> 08:45 PM)
Yeah......this is not the time or place for the Blackhawks to be taking a victory lap.

I don't get this one.

a great strategy by focusing on the positives and burying the ugly crap.

talk about lord stanely ....

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 17, 2015 -> 08:51 PM)
Lauren Jiggetts ‏@laurenjiggetts 13m13 minutes ago

Mark Potash: "Are you going to stop drinking?" Kane: "There is legal matter going on. I can't answer that."

that was my question.... bs answer

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Sep 17, 2015 -> 08:51 PM)
What? I don't know what this means.

i agree with you.

every chance the statement is made, the hawks lay down the same answer. respect the legal process...... in other words, no comment.

these reporter may be good, but after some time awhile later, they, the reporters will get very angry.

so in other words, they will write up real nice stories.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Sep 17, 2015 -> 08:53 PM)
The media are going to crush these guys after this wraps. What a waste of time for everyone. They tried to slip Kane in and out as quick as possible, not say anything, and try and turn it into a victory parade on everything they have accomplished. They owe everyone more than that right now.

Bad move.

in other words..... no f***ing comment.

a fluff way to say it without offending anyone.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Sep 17, 2015 -> 09:05 PM)
Waddle and Silvy: I have a ton of respect for the Blackhawks and the way they run their business. Today, the Blackhawks totally missed the mark with that press conference.

It's already begun.

you have a good point.

but for this discussion, i will play devil's advocate.

how did they miss the mark?

there is still an ongoing case??

no questions on the legal questions or how the team is reacting to this stupidity on Kane part.??

Did people really think Kane or the Blackhawks were going to talk about this case?

The press conference was predictably ridiculous, and the criticisms will be predictable as well.

I do agree with the why have a press conference group. It isn't like you are going to be saying anything groundbreaking.

I dont know what everyone is so upset about, it went exactly how people thought it would. If people are really surprised that Kane didnt answer those questions I dont know what to tell you. They said that he was going to only answer questions about hockey and then pretty much every question he got wasnt about hockey and then here comes the "zomg he wont even answer questions about his drinking"

It is pretty arrogant to hold a press conference, but have the guy not answer anything related to what everyone wants to talk about. If that is the case, just release as statement saying that because of the on-going proceedings he can't talk to the press, but will once everything is resolved. What happened today was the worst of both worlds.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Sep 17, 2015 -> 09:14 PM)
1. They requested all their media to travel to South Bend to hear Kane speak for the 1st time, and provide some insight. Those were the expectations set BY THE TEAM.

2. Kane had a somewhat poorly written statement that you could have found online in a PR handbook, and had the statement ready to go "I appreciate the question, I really do, but I can't answer that right now."

3. That's all fine, and somewhat expected. What really tipped the scales was then the Blackhawks Braintrust attempting to turn this into a pat on the back, look at how great we are press conference. Are you kidding me? Kane had just left the room, the body isn't even cold yet, and you're going to do that? You have all of training camp to hold another presser to talk about the upcoming season, no one was there for that. Understand expectations. That's always rule #1.

wow... what a great post. really good. !!!!!

ref to the bold. what a bs line ..... like anyone who is not smart enuf to realize that is a no freaking comment statement.

i can't wait to see all the press take on this farce.

but in ref to the hawks POV..... they laid the scope of how anything and everything is going to be answered. laid the ground work of what they will accept from the press without trying to offend them, but at the end of the day, the hawks needs a good feeling with them

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 17, 2015 -> 09:15 PM)
Did people really think Kane or the Blackhawks were going to talk about this case?

The press conference was predictably ridiculous, and the criticisms will be predictable as well.

I do agree with the why have a press conference group. It isn't like you are going to be saying anything groundbreaking.

re the bold, i am going to be honest.... i wasn't sure on what the hawks org was trying to do except that they are not afraid???

don't ask b/c i do not know what i was meaning.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 17, 2015 -> 03:19 PM)
It is pretty arrogant to hold a press conference, but have the guy not answer anything related to what everyone wants to talk about. If that is the case, just release as statement saying that because of the on-going proceedings he can't talk to the press, but will once everything is resolved. What happened today was the worst of both worlds.

Stupid to have a press conference about a topic and a player when nothing can be answered. Amateur hour. Have the press conference after its resolved and until then release statements.