2015-16 NHL thread

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope none of you were those pathetic losers that I see on the front page of the trib's website cheering / defending Kane and his right to be at practice. I understand he has the right, but its pathetic for you go to waste your pathetic lifes to cheer on a guys who may have done something horrible. I'm not saying everyone should have been their to boo him, but s***, I'd understand that more than these losers. Like I said, he has the right to practice, but the need to go cheer on his right to be their is just pathetic.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Sep 18, 2015 -> 08:52 PM)
I hope none of you were those pathetic losers that I see on the front page of the trib's website cheering / defending Kane and his right to be at practice. I understand he has the right, but its pathetic for you go to waste your pathetic lifes to cheer on a guys who may have done something horrible. I'm not saying everyone should have been their to boo him, but s***, I'd understand that more than these losers. Like I said, he has the right to practice, but the need to go cheer on his right to be their is just pathetic.

i totally agree, that is why i was so adamant about not talking any way about the whole incident. there are not enuf evidence nor proof one way or the other.

maybe it is me, but i wanted this site to be free of extreme criticism.

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 18, 2015 -> 10:14 PM)
All of this could be filed under "easy PR issues to avoid by withholding Kane from practice until cleared"

and can easily avoid any protest from any group who may want to cause extra havoc and accusing the org of not caring.

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Sep 18, 2015 -> 07:22 PM)
I would think since no charges have been filed and he is still innocent, let the man work. If he is charged and found guilty then all the self righteous can come out and label him what they want.

If it's self righteous to stand behind the victim of sexual assault, I'm 100% proud to wear the self righteous label.

It's an embarrassment to an organization that has built itself on solid PR over the past 5-7 season to parade an alleged rapist out and try to let himself be cleared of the crime out of court. The Blackhawks have completely backed themselves into a corner.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Sep 18, 2015 -> 09:10 PM)
If it's self righteous to stand behind the victim of sexual assault, I'm 100% proud to wear the self righteous label.

It's an embarrassment to an organization that has built itself on solid PR over the past 5-7 season to parade an alleged rapist out and try to let himself be cleared of the crime out of court. The Blackhawks have completely backed themselves into a corner.

The key to that is alleged... why would they turn their back on him? I don't think they are putting him in the spot light in any positive way at all. However, they need to make him get some help one way or another. Even if he didn't do this act, he still put himself into a position to be accused. He has to be much smarter than that.

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Sep 19, 2015 -> 04:11 AM)
The key to that is alleged... why would they turn their back on him? I don't think they are putting him in the spot light in any positive way at all. However, they need to make him get some help one way or another. Even if he didn't do this act, he still put himself into a position to be accused. He has to be much smarter than that.

you are now doing a double take on the self righteous comment you made.

unbelievable

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Sep 18, 2015 -> 11:11 PM)

Because, ultimately, if Kane did this and he is convicted, you have to fire the entire PR staff and like the team president for damaging the brand. Kane is no longer just a party boy, he's an alleged rapist. You don't want that cloud in your locker room until his presence mean something.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Sep 19, 2015 -> 02:20 AM)
Because, ultimately, if Kane did this and he is convicted, you have to fire the entire PR staff and like the team president for damaging the brand. Kane is no longer just a party boy, he's an alleged rapist. You don't want that cloud in your locker room until his presence mean something.

Oh please as if teams haven't backed players who have done bad stuff like this before. Kobe, Roethlisberger as recent examples. It doesn't hurt the Hawks one bit.. crowds will be sold out every night.

Edited by EvilJester99

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Sep 19, 2015 -> 08:49 AM)
Oh please as if teams haven't backed players who have done bad stuff like this before. Kobe, Roethlisberger as recent examples. It doesn't hurt the Hawks one bit.. crowds will be sold out every night.

different time, different era. things have change since them, the way it is treated and handle are again change.

the hawks have not had this kind of incident on the team, either way, what a hit, and if he if he is guilty>>>>>

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Sep 20, 2015 -> 03:09 AM)
Nick Veronica

‏@NickVeronica

"DNA evidence does not confirm a woman’s allegations that Patrick Kane raped her," four sources told @TheBuffaloNews http://sabres.buffalonews.com/2015/09/19/d...s-in-kane-case/

this is a great update. you are right on top of this news. many thanks for your work.

:notworthy

now forensically speaking, if there is no dna proof on any sexual contract what so ever, i find it hard for the courts to continue.

is there a case anymore ???