2015-16 NHL thread

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 23, 2015 -> 12:25 PM)
is there a good rundown of what happened at this thing I can be pointed to?

Kane's accuser's lawyer says the rape kit was put in an evidence bag. The evidence bag was found inbetween his accuser's parents' house door w/o the rape kit inside.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Sep 23, 2015 -> 12:41 PM)
No, it was her name. Tim Graham from the Buffalo paper said it had her name, DOB and the nurse's initials.

What an idiot. And can you selectively take out DNA of someone in a rape kit and insert others? Was the sample tampered or just the bag? The sample is also sealed inside of a sealed bag.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 23, 2015 -> 12:44 PM)
What an idiot. And can you selectively take out DNA of someone in a rape kit and insert others? Was the sample tampered or just the bag? The sample is also sealed inside of a sealed bag.

I could be wrong, but I think that if the evidence bag has been tampered with, then chain of custody has been broken and any evidence contained within that back is inadmissible.

As for the results of the DNA tests, isn't that still just unconfirmed leaks?

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Sep 23, 2015 -> 12:46 PM)
I could be wrong, but I think that if the evidence bag has been tampered with, then chain of custody has been broken and any evidence contained within that back is inadmissible.

I get that but all he shows is this paper bag. There are about 4 more seals in there.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 23, 2015 -> 12:44 PM)

I think the main questions I have here is what you just asked and: was the DNA already ran prior to the tampering? If so, this does the lawyer no good because Kane's DNA wasn't there then and it's obviously not there now.

However, like you asked, can you insert new DNA that easily? I'd think that would have to be done by a pro.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Sep 23, 2015 -> 12:46 PM)

Her lawyer wouldn't confirm or deny anything to do with evidence, so I would call it unconfirmed.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Sep 23, 2015 -> 12:33 PM)
The bag had been tampered with allegedly. The lawyer is basically calling the person who put the bag there a hero whistleblower.

Also I don't think the lawyer showed her name. I imagine it would have been a police officer's not a victim.

One point he was holding up the bag and referring to the identification sticker, at that point the camera zoomed in on it. I am sure with a nice big 1080p HD feed, you could make out details.