7/11 Games

GGajewski18

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jul 11, 2015 -> 08:16 PM)
Trayce Thompson 2-3 2B

Megan Smith 3-3

Drabek looking good through 6

WTF?

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jul 12, 2015 -> 01:45 AM)
2 for 4 for Alvarez with 2 doubles.

However he made 2 throwing errors. He has 25 this year. YIKES. I'm guessing he just doesn't have anything close to the reps that other guys have to excel fundamentally.

Matt Cooper with the elusive 4 K inning.

The pitchers at Kanny have had nothing but great things to say on Alvarez' play. He makes some spectacular ones and has the quickness and range, but also boots some simple stuff. So yes, I'd agree he needs reps more than anything. But the tools are there.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 13, 2015 -> 03:10 PM)
WTF?

The pitchers at Kanny have had nothing but great things to say on Alvarez' play. He makes some spectacular ones and has the quickness and range, but also boots some simple stuff. So yes, I'd agree he needs reps more than anything. But the tools are there.

i am extremely happy about that..... but how bout that pitching staff. they are doing fantastic!!!

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 13, 2015 -> 02:53 PM)
Stuff-wise, multiple scouts I've seen quoted were not impressed.

Good to know. Have not been excited by him since his ML stint, but he has been successful that's for sure. Sounds like he's not supplanting Carroll's role anytime soon.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 13, 2015 -> 08:33 PM)
Good to know. Have not been excited by him since his ML stint, but he has been successful that's for sure. Sounds like he's not supplanting Carroll's role anytime soon.

it like he is better than most minor leaguers but not good enuf for the majors. pretty much like hector.

too bad.

QUOTE (kevo880 @ Jul 13, 2015 -> 09:25 PM)
Santiago? He's an All-Star this season.

well, i know this is on me, the state of sox system, i want all the success for players..... this org needs them.

maybe i am being unrealistic.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jul 13, 2015 -> 03:35 PM)
well, i know this is on me, the state of sox system, i want all the success for players..... this org needs them.

maybe i am being unrealistic.

"it like he is better than most minor leaguers but not good enuf for the majors. pretty much like hector."

This line makes it sound like Hector isn't good enough to be in the majors. I was simply pointing out he is an All-Star this season...Maybe you are being unrealistic if you don't think Hector is good enough to be in the big leagues.

QUOTE (kevo880 @ Jul 14, 2015 -> 05:50 PM)
"it like he is better than most minor leaguers but not good enuf for the majors. pretty much like hector."

This line makes it sound like Hector isn't good enough to be in the majors. I was simply pointing out he is an All-Star this season...Maybe you are being unrealistic if you don't think Hector is good enough to be in the big leagues.

yeah ... that will be a better description.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jul 14, 2015 -> 11:14 AM)
yeah ... that will be a better description.

Lol alright man I have to dig a little further into this then...Why exactly is an all-star quality pitcher, in the American League no less, not even good enough to be a big leaguer in your eyes?

QUOTE (kevo880 @ Jul 14, 2015 -> 06:03 PM)
Lol alright man I have to dig a little further into this then...Why exactly is an all-star quality pitcher, in the American League no less, not even good enough to be a big leaguer in your eyes?

tsk... tsk...

all you youngster can't see the woods thru the trees. :lol:

in all seriousness, when Hestor was released are DFA, or whatever he was. i would have seen teams bidding for his services. it wasn't like his salary being a problem.

however, he is pitching in the minors.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jul 14, 2015 -> 01:09 PM)
tsk... tsk...

all you youngster can't see the woods thru the trees. :lol:

in all seriousness, when Hestor was released are DFA, or whatever he was. i would have seen teams bidding for his services. it wasn't like his salary being a problem.

however, he is pitching in the minors.

Hector Santiago was traded in the big 3 team deal that sent Adam Eaton to the White Sox.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 14, 2015 -> 06:14 PM)
Hector Santiago was traded in the big 3 team deal that sent Adam Eaton to the White Sox.

crap..... i screwed the pooch on this.

i honestly thought you were talking about Héctor Noesí

this is on me

my bad.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jul 14, 2015 -> 12:18 PM)
crap..... i screwed the pooch on this.

i honestly thought you were talking about Héctor Noesí

this is on me

my bad.

That's why I specifically asked if you were talking about Santiago...it's all adding up now.

QUOTE (kevo880 @ Jul 14, 2015 -> 07:43 PM)
That's why I specifically asked if you were talking about Santiago...it's all adding up now.

and i was completely lost. many thanks for the classy way of doing it.

peace.

:lolhitting