Potential Bonafacio DL Stint

Dunt

QUOTE (LDF @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 10:30 AM)
you and others may very well be right. but we are fans...... we are not the pro's nor are we coop and his idea of how to handle the pitching staff.

many are making a big assumption. i rather error on the side of pitchers safety instead of overusing him. it doen't hurt to have another option in the rotation, for immediate use.

Coop is well known to be more aggressive than conservative. You're right, it doesn't hurt to have another option, but if EJ comes up, that option to spot start should be Danks after a move to the bullpen. There is a big difference is using a spot starter and using a 6 man rotation like you advocated earlier.

Edited by lasttriptotulsa

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 04:40 PM)
Coop is well know to be more aggressive than conservative. You're right, it doesn't hurt to have another option, but if EJ comes up, that option to spot start should be Danks after a move to the bullpen. There is a big difference is using a spot starter and using a 6 man rotation like you advocated earlier.

that option is sport start anyone is really the sox manager's option.

i just think EJ needs to be there for immediate use. just in case.....

for the semantic dispute of a 6-man rotation is having a 6th man for a pitching duties,..... doesn't that mean the same as a sport starter????

it has a wide definition of a description that is used.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 01:17 PM)
SSS wrote a nice article outlining some possible scenarios involving a Bonafacio DL stint. While my preference would be to try out Thompson to improve the team defense, Im thinking it might seriously be time to consider bringing up Erik Johnson and moving Danks to the pen. If this team is serious about contending this season, you cannot be trotting Danks out there every 5 days. Erik Johnson has given up 2 runs over his last 47 innings, it's time for him to start in the majors.

I think you are missing the point of having the utility player on the roster.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 10:40 AM)
Coop is well known to be more aggressive than conservative. You're right, it doesn't hurt to have another option, but if EJ comes up, that option to spot start should be Danks after a move to the bullpen. There is a big difference is using a spot starter and using a 6 man rotation like you advocated earlier.

Especially when it comes to starters.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 10:49 AM)

for the semantic dispute of a 6-man rotation is having a 6th man for a pitching duties,..... doesn't that mean the same as a sport starter????

No saying a "6 man rotation" implies 6 starters getting equal amounts of starts more or less. Using a spot starter occasionally is using a 5 man rotation in which that 5th starter could be one of a couple different pitchers.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 10:35 AM)
You're overvaluing him by a bit.

The only way he's top 100 is if he has a Billy Hamilton-esque ability to steal 75+ bags.

All signs as he has advanced to the AA/AAA level is that he's probably closer to a 30-45 type. The other problem is Hamilton was going to get a lot of his value defensively, but Micah's giving up a lot of WAR points so it has to be made up offensively, just like with Avi.

Not at all.

Hamilton had a sub .700 OPS in AAA ball.

Micah is in the mid .800s. His hit tool has blossomed big time this year.

i wouldn't mind trading him for a similar level 3B prospect.

But not for some Cargo who can't hit lefties.

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (LDF @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 10:49 AM)

LDF, don't take this the wrong way, but I have honestly grown curious reading your message the past few years...do you actually watch much baseball, or just sort of follow box scores and post on/read this website?

Edited by ChiSox59

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 05:27 PM)
No saying a "6 man rotation" implies 6 starters getting equal amounts of starts more or less. Using a spot starter occasionally is using a 5 man rotation in which that 5th starter could be one of a couple different pitchers.

ok i am back, sorry for the delay...

ok where are we.

a 6 man rotation implies a 6 man rotation with pitchers, whether they are the same or not. it is the lack of fully defining all the parts that will be use to define that phrase. whom the names of the 6 man is the unknown.

furthermore, for this discussion, i am using

1. sale

2. shark

3. Q

4. rodon

5. danks

6. EJ

barring any problems, coop and rv can use all in that order or use 5 or the 6 in any particular week. it give flexibility to the team to use who they can. furthermore keeping into account whether rodon is on a pitch restriction or whether to skip danks or any unforeseen situation that may pop up.

again, i am saying it gives the coach options to use for immediate use.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 05:56 PM)
LDF, don't take this the wrong way, but I have honestly grown curious reading your message the past few years...do you actually watch much baseball, or just sort of follow box scores and post on/read this website?

since i live in Louisianan, there isn't much baseball to follow. so i can't watch as much as sox basball as i would like. when i do go to chi, i go to as many sox games as i can. i lived in chi and i live and die sox since the mid 60's and i was a season ticket holder from 85-95.

so i know i am taking the long way around to answering you questioning but i guess that answer would be no, i do not watch much baseball on tv.

i follow sox basball on the internet in nbc game view as much as i can. does that count??

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 05:56 PM)

now my turn..... why???

QUOTE (LDF @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 12:07 PM)
since i live in Louisianan, there isn't much baseball to follow. so i can't watch as much as sox basball as i would like. when i do go to chi, i go to as many sox games as i can. i lived in chi and i live and die sox since the mid 60's and i was a season ticket holder from 85-95.

so i know i am taking the long way around to answering you questioning but i guess that answer would be no, i do not watch much baseball on tv.

i follow sox basball on the internet in nbc game view as much as i can. does that count??

For sure. Not questioning your fandom, just curious.

You ever thought about MLB.tv? U can get all games from anywhere outside the Chicago market.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 05:09 PM)
For sure. Not questioning your fandom, just curious.

You ever thought about MLB.tv? U can get all games from anywhere outside the Chicago market.

this is me.... and this is on me only.

i can't stand watching tv. i haven't watfch tv since my 2nd heartache in 2006.... so when i want to watch something, it call searching on the puter.

also remember one thing, i usually don't agree with a lot of ideas that is said on this board, that doesn't mean i dislike anyone posters, it is the idea..... many get offended that anyone would disagree with them. haha.

plus i don't follow anyone b/c of this board.

i am weird. it not my fault, the doctor dropped me at birth.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 12:03 PM)
ok i am back, sorry for the delay...

ok where are we.

a 6 man rotation implies a 6 man rotation with pitchers, whether they are the same or not. it is the lack of fully defining all the parts that will be use to define that phrase. whom the names of the 6 man is the unknown.

furthermore, for this discussion, i am using

1. sale

2. shark

3. Q

4. rodon

5. danks

6. EJ

barring any problems, coop and rv can use all in that order or use 5 or the 6 in any particular week. it give flexibility to the team to use who they can. furthermore keeping into account whether rodon is on a pitch restriction or whether to skip danks or any unforeseen situation that may pop up.

again, i am saying it gives the coach options to use for immediate use.

I'm done arguing this with you. You are wrong on your definition of a 6 man rotation whether you accept it or not. Again, if you are using 6 starters, you are taking starts away from Sale, Q and Shark. They are not going to do that.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 05:19 PM)
I'm done arguing this with you. You are wrong on your definition of a 6 man rotation whether you accept it or not. Again, if you are using 6 starters, you are taking starts away from Sale, Q and Shark. They are not going to do that.

and you are wrong as well. going on a 6 man rotation is giving the manager an extra pitcher to use as he see fit. whether is for a 6 man or 5 man.

esp when the dogs days for summer is coming.....

Edited by LDF

QUOTE (LDF @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 12:14 PM)
this is me.... and this is on me only.

i can't stand watching tv. i haven't watfch tv since my 2nd heartache in 2006.... so when i want to watch something, it call searching on the puter.

also remember one thing, i usually don't agree with a lot of ideas that is said on this board, that doesn't mean i dislike anyone posters, it is the idea..... many get offended that anyone would disagree with them. haha.

plus i don't follow anyone b/c of this board.

i am weird. it not my fault, the doctor dropped me at birth.

You can watch MLB.tv on your computer or TV (if you have Apple TV or a gamingsystem).

How many options does Leury have now?

The same number he had right after he was optioned for the first time this season. Once you are sent to the minors the first time in a season, that burns one year's worth of options no matter how many times you go up and down the rest of the season.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 02:41 PM)
The same number he had right after he was optioned for the first time this season. Once you are sent to the minors the first time in a season, that burns one year's worth of options no matter how many times you go up and down the rest of the season.

Didn't know that. Thanks.