Potential waiver trades

Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (woods of ypres @ Aug 6, 2015 -> 03:36 PM)
How likely is Samardzija moved via waivers?

I'd say unlikely. Hell if I'm the Red Sox or A's, teams with first dibs, I claim him. Hope for the very long shot of a salary dump and take the comp pick.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Aug 6, 2015 -> 03:41 PM)
I'd say unlikely. Hell if I'm the Red Sox or A's, teams with first dibs, I claim him. Hope for the very long shot of a salary dump and take the comp pick.

If a player is traded that team doesn't get a comp pick.

I'd say there's no chance Shark gets traded.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Aug 6, 2015 -> 03:41 PM)

Why would hte A's and Red Sox have any interest in adding a pending FA?

There would be no comp pick to a team trading for Shark. Pending FA who get traded lose the comp pick.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Aug 7, 2015 -> 10:51 AM)
Why would hte A's and Red Sox have any interest in adding a pending FA?

There would be no comp pick to a team trading for Shark. Pending FA who get traded lose the comp pick.

Because thats what teams do. They can put in a claim, win it, and then not pursue a deal blocking other teams from making a play at him. A's or BoSox have nothing to lose doing so.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Aug 7, 2015 -> 01:15 PM)
Because thats what teams do. They can put in a claim, win it, and then not pursue a deal blocking other teams from making a play at him. A's or BoSox have nothing to lose doing so.

Claiming to block, and claiming to acquire are different things. Obviously the Sox aren't going to just let Shark go for salary relief.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Aug 7, 15-> 01:17 PM)
Claiming to block, and claiming to acquire are different things. Obviously the Sox aren't going to just let Shark go for salary relief.

I know they won't but that doesn't change anything I said. No risk putting in/winning a claim. The team that wins does not have to have interest in working out a deal.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Aug 7, 2015 -> 01:20 PM)
I know they won't but that doesn't change anything I said. No risk putting in/winning a claim. The team that wins does not have to have interest in working out a deal.

I realize that. And you responded to a message saying "why would the A's or Red Sox have any interest in adding a pending FA", not "why would the A's or Red Sox ever put in a claim on a pending FA".

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Aug 7, 2015 -> 01:36 PM)
I realize that. And you responded to a message saying "why would the A's or Red Sox have any interest in adding a pendinint not "why would the A's or Red Sox ever put in a claim on a pending FA".

Well I guess to help eat innings for their young arms would be a good point at the risk of possibility giving up nothing to get him (which we know the Sox wouldn't give him up as his salary isn't much and only for this year).

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 6, 2015 -> 03:22 PM)
No way. He probably will get traded after he clears, but the Red Sox are picking up a lot of the $$$$, and not getting much back.

We'll see if the Rangers claimed him...

Means the Sox passed though.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Aug 2, 2015 -> 09:30 AM)
I think CarGo is very likely to slide through waivers. Didn't really see any rumors connecting us to him, but I still think he's a good fit for us. Whether the Rockies even want to move CarGo at this point remains to be seen, as all good young players & prospects on the 40 man will be out of play.

Cargo still hot; hit a game winning grand slammer last night (Friday 8/7). They won't give him away.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Aug 7, 2015 -> 01:20 PM)

The worst team still with a chance is going to claim him. Who's that - Baltimore? And at this point, they won't give value more than QO.