8/11 Games

royoung

QUOTE (ron883 @ Aug 11, 2015 -> 06:13 PM)
Alvarez 2-2 with a walk. This guy is good.

How many more games does W-S have?

He's the type of guy you can be aggressive with. IMO.

Edit- guess I should also ask how many games AA has as well....I'd give Alvarez another 2 weeks in A+. Call Anderson up to make room.

Edited by scs787

QUOTE (scs787 @ Aug 11, 2015 -> 06:46 PM)
How many more games does W-S have?

He's the type of guy you can be aggressive with. IMO.

Edit- guess I should also ask how many games AA has as well....I'd give Alvarez another 2 weeks in A+. Call Anderson up to make room.

Aggressive is good, but remember this... BHAM and W-S are likely playoff teams, where as Charlotte is in the race but behind the leaders. You want Anderson to get playoff experience if possible. Keeping Anderson and Alvarez where they are might be best in some regards, and really, if you move them now, they only get like 3 weeks at the next level. Not missing much by keeping them where they are.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 11, 2015 -> 06:07 PM)
Aggressive is good, but remember this... BHAM and W-S are likely playoff teams, where as Charlotte is in the race but behind the leaders. You want Anderson to get playoff experience if possible. Keeping Anderson and Alvarez where they are might be best in some regards, and really, if you move them now, they only get like 3 weeks at the next level. Not missing much by keeping them where they are.

That makes sense

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Aug 11, 2015 -> 11:12 PM)
Just thinking ahead - can Alvarez play OF?

Why would you want him to? He plays decent and improving defense at a premium position, why move him? Also his biggest weakness on D is his arm, which isn't bad but isn't a strength either and would be more exposed in the OF.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 12, 2015 -> 07:25 AM)
Why would you want him to? He plays decent and improving defense at a premium position, why move him? Also his biggest weakness on D is his arm, which isn't bad but isn't a strength either and would be more exposed in the OF.

I wouldn't except that our top prospect also play shortstop. If I dare to ask – what about third-base? I would assume that both can play second.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Aug 12, 2015 -> 08:33 AM)
I wouldn't except that our top prospect also play shortstop. If I dare to ask – what about third-base? I would assume that both can play second.

Alvarez has already played some second, and I'd imagine Anderson could too. But I think you avoid moving either of them at this point. I'm good with Alvarez playing a mix of infield positions though. Anderson is likely in AAA next year, so Alvarez can open in AA, then you take it from there. I suppose it is possible that Alvarez could leapfrog DeMichele into AAA for 2B, but you have that whole Johnson/Sanchez mess there already and who knows how that plays out.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Aug 13, 2015 -> 06:23 PM)
Well he's 25, has never hit below .400 OBP anywhere. Be aggressive and creative.

Russell and Scwharber for the Cubs were in A ball last year.

He's 25 years old yes. He is also in his first full year of pro ball after years of not playing at all. Russell and Schwarber don't even belong in the same sentence as Alvarez.