8/15- White Sox vs Cubs

Jose Abreu

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 15, 2015 -> 08:05 PM)
Even a great sale game and the BP cup, this white sox team can't exactly afford to win 1/3 in any series any more. It's August not April and we continued all in at the deadline by not trading our soon to be free agents. We're supposed to be right there at the end, Rick Hahn promised me so.

I understand your contention that the sox blew an opportunity to trade Shark and (?) before the deadline, that choosing to stand pat was a mistake. And sorry if you already answered this, but what do you think the return would've been? I doubt it would assuage your anger over the trade of Bassit, Phegley and Semien, which seems to be reaching Anderson/Machowiak levels of discontent. Not that I'm happy about the trade, either. But I'd like to hear what you think because I'm honestly not convinced they could've gotten anything in return except some minor league pieces that would probably remain minor league pieces. (this btw is also why it pisses me off that MLB teams cannot trade draft picks)

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

While I hate losing to the Cubs, I enjoy watching us creep back up the draft board. Our losses place us in a better position to draft, perhaps, a generational talent moreso than any other means. We're not going to fleece anyone in a trade deal (if anything we'll continue to unload what's remaning in our baron system), and we're not going to spend 150+ million for a FA. Did anyone else look at the Cubs lineup in envy?

And come next June if we were to pick Top 5, no one would care how these games end. If Sale and Rodon (the only two players I care about) would lose every game 1-0 (unearned run) I'd be happy. im not even concerned about 16' either

QUOTE (Saufley @ Aug 15, 2015 -> 09:34 PM)
If the Sox lose the Sunday game and get swept there better be a news conference after the game with the firing of the manager!!

Why? If they lose Sunday it's Ventura's fault? Getting a new manager at this point in the season would be pretty senseless anyway. Should have happened back in May or June.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Aug 16, 2015 -> 06:17 AM)
While I hate losing to the Cubs, I enjoy watching us creep back up the draft board. Our losses place us in a better position to draft, perhaps, a generational talent moreso than any other means. We're not going to fleece anyone in a trade deal (if anything we'll continue to unload what's remaning in our baron system), and we're not going to spend 150+ million for a FA. Did anyone else look at the Cubs lineup in envy?

And come next June if we were to pick Top 5, no one would care how these games end. If Sale and Rodon (the only two players I care about) would lose every game 1-0 (unearned run) I'd be happy. im not even concerned about 16' either

Why would you not be concerned about 16? What makes us so magically good in 17?

Anderson at short? He's no lock to be good. I guess we could draft another star pitcher like Sale or Rodon who could move right into the rotation. But right now the minors aren't providing the Sox with key replacements in the field. Micah? Any guys who can hit home runs and field the ball?

We need power hitters for the Cell and guys who can catch the ball but not hit .220 like Saladino and Sanchez. Why is 17 so magical? Just cause of pitching?

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Aug 16, 2015 -> 12:54 AM)
Why? If they lose Sunday it's Ventura's fault? Getting a new manager at this point in the season would be pretty senseless anyway. Should have happened back in May or June.

If it should have happened in May or June then there is more reason it should happen now! This team has mental lapses, doesn't play hard or smart baseball, is ill prepared for games, which makes for a team I will choose not to watch! Ventura must be the responsible figure who is let go. Maybe that would even give some fans some hope.