8/26 vs Boston Red Sox

flavum

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Mike F. @ Aug 26, 2015 -> 09:01 PM)
Considering that Sale didn't have anything close to his good stuff, he did a hell of a job.

Plus he lowered his ERA from 3.34 to 3.20. :)

Wish he could have gotten a W for the Cy race, too. But I'll take the 14 point drop.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Aug 27, 2015 -> 02:59 AM)
The Sox have had their chances against this bum. But when you have s***ty players in the line up you expect s***ty results.

This game is a good lesson for our front office if they think they can avoid an overhaul of the lineup. They cannot. Guys whose production must be upgraded or they must be replaced: Melky, Flowers, Avi, Eaton, Saladino, Sanchez, LaRoche. Only acceptable at bats might be Thompson, Lexi (counting on bounceback year), maybe Avi, maybe Soto as backup.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Aug 27, 2015 -> 03:00 AM)
119 pitches thru 6. Robin, if you put him back out for the 7th, you are an idiot.

It's not up to Robin; it's up to Sale. He gets mad when they yank him. ... Wow Robin had the stones to yank him (updated).

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 27, 2015 -> 03:15 AM)
Yep, the exact location the great Tyler Flowers called for that pitch

No offense to Fathom, who has had a great season posting IMO, but are Sox fans the only fans in baseball that always blame the catcher for pitcher f***ups? Nate is not great (I'll give him a break like I do Danks, though, in guttily coming back from injury). I ALWAYS blame the Pitcher.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Aug 27, 2015 -> 03:04 AM)
You can't have Flowers Saladino Avi and LaRoche in the lineup and expect to win.

Avi has talent. He may need the Viciedo treatment (year in the minors to reinvent himself).

QUOTE (harkness @ Aug 26, 2015 -> 09:21 PM)
The thing is if this team could have made a little winning streak they could have had a chance.

tonight is a reminder of how much of a failure the coaching staff is.

A game they really needed against a bad team.

And this is what they produce.

The hottest bat riding pine to boot.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Aug 27, 2015 -> 03:20 AM)
Man this team is DOA.

The nights they are DOA offensively coupled with the nights they play like clowns (defense, baserunning) is what has made them a bad bad baseball team.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 26, 2015 -> 09:22 PM)
Serious question: If Hahn acquires Kendrys Morales instead of LaRoche would the Sox have been a contender this season?

A more intriguing question- if it were Morales/Volquez instead of LaRoche/Samardzija

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 26, 2015 -> 09:22 PM)
Serious question: If Hahn acquires Kendrys Morales instead of LaRoche would the Sox have been a contender this season?

I think he would have made them a little better, but not enough to get them in the playoffs. This organization is doomed with the current FO/coaching staff in place.