Fox Lake Cop shot and killed

Brian

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am glad that info has finally come out that pretty much disproves the suicide theory. That would have been a bummer.

It really seems like they have nothing on these guys. Unless they talk and someone rats them out they arent going to catch them with what they have. You would think there would have been some witness in that area that seen something. Or a camera that picked up a glimpse...SOMETHING.

QUOTE (shipps @ Sep 11, 2015 -> 12:13 PM)
I am glad that info has finally come out that pretty much disproves the suicide theory. That would have been a bummer.

It really seems like they have nothing on these guys. Unless they talk and someone rats them out they arent going to catch them with what they have. You would think there would have been some witness in that area that seen something. Or a camera that picked up a glimpse...SOMETHING.

All i keep thinking about this is the Browns Chicken murders. Those guys were total ghosts until they couldnt keep quiet and told their girlfriends

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Sep 11, 2015 -> 10:40 AM)
If there was any doubt about it being a homicide (or any evidence indicating it was a suicide), would they really go through with that massive public funeral and ceremony?

With the way this is going down, it really feels like they are expecting backlash when the suspects are announced. Maybe someone had it out for this guy?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 11, 2015 -> 12:39 PM)
With the way this is going down, it really feels like they are expecting backlash when the suspects are announced. Maybe someone had it out for this guy?

Thats what I pointed out on the previous page, Gliniewicz was involved somehow with his Chief retiring.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Sep 25, 2015 -> 04:14 PM)
I'm beginning to believe the conspiracy regarding the ousted police commish. I get why police get quiet about the facts in murder investigations, but it's never this quiet. Made me believe it was suicide, but since it's not that then a problem internally.

The lid on this case was locked down tight the second after they called off the search. It's just crazy

Authorities heading the investigation into the death of Lt. Charles Joseph Gliniewicz are expected to provide an update on Thursday, which marks the month anniversary since the veteran officer was found shot dead in Fox Lake.

Covelli said they will “provide limited new information regarding the investigation.”

press conference at Fox Lake Police Department at 10 a.m. Thursday.

• 2 weeks later...

FOX LAKE, Ill. — It has cost more than $300,000 so far, to investigate the death of Fox Lake Lieutenant Joe Gliniewicz.

I thought I read if they determined it a homicide his family would be paid $375,000 + children's educations paid for and wife would receive his full pension.

I've never been a big conspiracy theorist. The fact he arrived on the scene 20 minutes beforehand, and was shot with his own gun.

I'll really be surprised if it's not at this point.

• 4 weeks later...
QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 3, 2015 -> 03:34 PM)
Another press conference tomorrow with "significant findings". Ok

LOL this has been a circus all the way up to this point so I would expect nothing less with this press conference.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 3, 2015 -> 03:59 PM)
One thing I never understood - if he shot himself, wouldn't he have gun residue on his hand? Wouldn't that, in like a day, confirm whether or not he shot himself?

If he had his hands up defensively, at close range, that would also leave residue. Though in a different pattern I'd think. Forensic person would I'm sure know the difference.