Fox Lake Cop shot and killed

Brian

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't followed this thing that closely, but is this that surprising? Wasn't there a s*** ton of doubt from the get go? Ie absolutely no leads on the supposed 3 suspects. Absolutely no witnesses. Absolutely nothing turned up after a massive manhunt. Shot with his own gun?

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Nov 4, 2015 -> 07:13 PM)
Is it necessary to s*** on this man anymore than necessary?

He's a criminal who put innocent lives at risk and all the resources to waste, all due to selfishness and immorality.

I keep thinking what could have happened had the manhunt found a "suspicious " crew of two white and one black guy? There could have been innocent lives lost, police officer lives ruined, all because of this cop's lies.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 4, 2015 -> 11:33 PM)
He's a criminal who put innocent lives at risk and all the resources to waste, all due to selfishness and immorality.

I keep thinking what could have happened had the manhunt found a "suspicious " crew of two white and one black guy? There could have been innocent lives lost, police officer lives ruined, all because of this cop's lies.

I am not saying he's not a criminal it's just the outrage at this point does nothing.

So he planned all that? Was that the note next to his body and missing gun: "I'm Dead. It was 2 white guys and a black. Notice my missing gun!"

GTFO.

In my area, we're trying to figure out the same thing.

http://parsippanyfocus.com/2015/05/28/brea...ommits-suicide/

Of course, not Illinois, so not a complete clusterf*ck. Hard to find any news.

Rich was a 19 year veteran, a Seargent, dead, apparent suicide.... beautiful wife (personal friend of wife; didn't really know the cop) and kids....

Maybe...don't be so judgmental, ok?

Who knows what is going on with these guys....

QUOTE (Ballz-n-Strikes @ Nov 5, 2015 -> 12:38 AM)
So he planned all that? Was that the note next to his body and missing gun: "I'm Dead. It was 2 white guys and a black. Notice my missing gun!"

GTFO.

In my area, we're trying to figure out the same thing.

http://parsippanyfocus.com/2015/05/28/brea...ommits-suicide/

Of course, not Illinois, so not a complete clusterf*ck. Hard to find any news.

Rich was a 19 year veteran, a Seargent, dead, apparent suicide.... beautiful wife (personal friend of wife; didn't really know the cop) and kids....

Maybe...don't be so judgmental, ok?

Who knows what is going on with these guys....

You apparently haven't read anything about this case or haven't seen the news. He did plan all of it, very methodically. He was a criminal who was stealing money from a youth organization, and text messages to accomplices shows that he was considering killing someone who was suspicious of him. Then he came up with an elaborate plan to make it look like he was killed. He was a scumbag criminal, and it now sounds like his wife and son were in on everything with him. So, I think it's safe to say no one is being judgmental...just listening and reading about the story as it unfolds.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Nov 4, 2015 -> 11:39 PM)
I am not saying he's not a criminal it's just the outrage at this point does nothing.

True, but given how much raw emotion people poured into this case, I can see why they are so upset. It's not easy to just turn your head and say, "You got us this time Lieutenant, nice work." It all goes much deeper than that.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Nov 5, 2015 -> 07:06 AM)
Agreed. There's really nothing here that warrants action, so outrage is just wasted.

Outrage from us, totally unconnected people, maybe. There is a lot of people that put a lot of effort into manhunts and fundraisers and all kinds of different things associated with this, and I think their outrage is justified. Im sure Epic Deli is feeling betrayed by someone they felt was a good person after they raised all that money for his family, 95.1 WILrock also had a fundraiser and wrote a long post regarding the situation.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Nov 5, 2015 -> 12:39 AM)

They gave him a hero's sendoff and held multiple fundraisers for his family. If his wife and son knew about the embezzlement too. what's wrong with outrage? :)

Just looking at one of the texts released... It seems like that might be the case since his son is in the army... "I’m sticking my neck out there with loaning you over $2377.00 to fix your truck specifically and only to help accommodate your summer leave, trip to OK."

Edited by buhbuhburrrrlz

They gave him a hero's sendoff and held multiple fundraisers for his family. If his wife and son knew about the embezzlement too. what's wrong with outrage? :)

Just looking at one of the texts released... It seems like that might be the case since his son is in the army... "I’m sticking my neck out there with loaning you over $2377.00 to fix your truck specifically and only to help accommodate your summer leave, trip to OK."

What's wrong with the outrage is having the outrage before the IF has been proven.

Wife and son being criminally investigated.

If it turns out they were involved, I think all of the outrage, and more that would surely come would be more than justified. People gave money, their time, other donations....it's one thing to screw over some Explorers program that nets you less than $100k, but to keep taking advantage? Some innocent family will someday need the support this family received, and there will be some skeptical people.

There was a cop or ex-cop who was busted early in the investigation. He called in and made a threat, and also mentioned it was a suicide.

Edited by Dick Allen

2:30 p.m.

An official says an Illinois police officer who killed himself tried to arrange for a gang member "to put a hit" on a village administrator because he feared she would discover he had been embezzling money.

Lake County Sheriff's Office spokesman Christopher Covelli also said Thursday that investigators found packets of cocaine in Fox Lake Police Lt. Charles Joseph Gliniewicz's desk after his Sept. 1 death.

Covelli says investigators recovered deleted text messages in which Gliniewicz mentioned the possibility of planting something on the administrator, Anne Marrin, although he says they don't know if that's why he had the cocaine.

Covelli says Gliniewicz sent the text about arranging the hit to a woman last April, asking for help arranging a meeting with a high-ranking gang member. He declined to give her name.

http://news.yahoo.com/latest-wife-son-illi...-143636239.html

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Nov 5, 2015 -> 02:57 PM)
Well this s*** just escalated quickly.

just gets weirder and weirder:

According to sources, Gliniewicz, who was married, had an affair with a woman. He later arranged to have that woman marry his son, D.J. Gliniewicz, who is in the army in order to boost the military benefits for D.J., since being married could add up to thousands more per year.