Fox Lake Cop shot and killed

Brian

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I'm starting to think they'll never find these guys unless they slip up majorly like they confess to someone they trust and someone over hears them, yada yada yada.

I wish more info came out about the initial pursuit. Did the cop decide to go after 3 guys alone or was it 1 and during the pursuit, 2 other showed up. I could never put myself in his shoes but I personally wouldn't go after 3 guys in the woods alone.

It's very somber here and I guess I'm just doing what ifs to think it could've all been avoided.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 3, 2015 -> 05:50 AM)
Yeah, I'm starting to think they'll never find these guys unless they slip up majorly like they confess to someone they trust and someone over hears them, yada yada yada.

I wish more info came out about the initial pursuit. Did the cop decide to go after 3 guys alone or was it 1 and during the pursuit, 2 other showed up. I could never put myself in his shoes but I personally wouldn't go after 3 guys in the woods alone.

It's very somber here and I guess I'm just doing what ifs to think it could've all been avoided.

I think the only way it could have been avoided is if GI Joe didn't do his job.

If they really are hanging out in cornfields at night, they have to be tired, hungry, and dehydrated. That is why When I hear they were searching there, it seemed suspicious to me. They probably got in their vehicle after the shooting and drove away.

If the perps have been on the run, then someone is going to notice that 1-3 people from their social group are not around. More dangerous might be if they knew that they wouldn't be identified and are therefore just going about their days like usual.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 3, 2015 -> 06:32 AM)
people do strange things for attention. Sitting in jail for making up a story must be humiliating

She is a nanny. Sorry, was a nanny. Good luck finding work if you're released.

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 3, 2015 -> 10:24 AM)
Lady reported two white guys and a black guy tried to steal her car and ran when they saw her calling the cops. Prompted the big search last night.

Oh yeah, and she admitted to lying about it and is in jail. b****.

Are you serious? That's insane.

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 3, 2015 -> 04:12 PM)
They say a video turned in was a private family home video was turned in yesterday. Interesting if it was something like a parent shooting her kids getting on the bus and they're in the background or something.

ABC7 said it was a home security camera.

I was at the barber yesterday and a Fox Lake cop was getting his hair cut before me. He couldn't say much but said they are very confident the 3 are still in the area because they sealed off the perimeter very fast and they weren't running 3 miles either way in the 10 minutes it took them to set it up.

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 4, 2015 -> 05:36 AM)
I was at the barber yesterday and a Fox Lake cop was getting his hair cut before me. He couldn't say much but said they are very confident the 3 are still in the area because they sealed off the perimeter very fast and they weren't running 3 miles either way in the 10 minutes it took them to set it up.

Wouldnt that be out the window once they call off the manhunt though? It seems like those guys could be across the border by now since they didnt get them while they knew they were in that area.

When I first heard about this I thought it was a traffic stop and they'd be caught rather quickly. Pretty disappointing they don't seem to have much information to go on. (at least what they're letting on - maybe they do however)

"The quality of the video is not promising, but investigators were going through it Wednesday morning, Filenko said."

Edited by buhbuhburrrrlz

I thought they used the officer's gun to kill him. They probably wouldn't be any DNA on the bullet but his own. I'm surprised that no cars were reported stolen in the area. Perhaps they had one near by. I grew up near there and could remember most of the places they were talking about. Damn, that really sucks.

QUOTE (Tex @ Sep 7, 2015 -> 10:25 AM)
I thought they used the officer's gun to kill him. They probably wouldn't be any DNA on the bullet but his own. I'm surprised that no cars were reported stolen in the area. Perhaps they had one near by. I grew up near there and could remember most of the places they were talking about. Damn, that really sucks.

They haven't said if the cops gun had been fired or not.

Conspiracy Theorists are out, saying the department is covering up a suicide for whatever reason. No crimes were reported so why chase the guys into the woods and nobody has seen the 3 suspects, yada yada yada.

I choose not to believe conspiracies in general. Would be a pretty big cover up bringing the FBI in.

Yeah, I don't see why the PD would feel the need to cover up an officer's suicide. And isn't there some decent evidence that the officer did indeed phone in some info about following some guys at that time and place? Can't that be verified? It wouldn't completely rule out a cover-up, but it would be enough for me to assume there's nothing weird going on

QUOTE (shipps @ Sep 8, 2015 -> 09:08 AM)
If they have what they think is video evidence of the three why havent they yet released them to the public to have everyone on the lookout for these guys? The public has nothing to go on.

They probably dont want the guys to run, let them think they are unknown

I feel like a freelance news reporter. A guy in the FBI at the gym had been working on it and he says they got solid stuff and sh*t should go down in a week or within the week. Forget which he said.

Waiting for the prosecution to give the go ahead. I was poking at him for more info but he wouldn't budge. Jerk.

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 8, 2015 -> 05:29 AM)
Conspiracy Theorists are out, saying the department is covering up a suicide for whatever reason. No crimes were reported so why chase the guys into the woods and nobody has seen the 3 suspects, yada yada yada.

I choose not to believe conspiracies in general. Would be a pretty big cover up bringing the FBI in.

well, it's just such a strange case. Also stuff like this isn't going to help: Coroner calls this a "tough case," says it's still impossible to determine whether lieutenant’s death was a homicide, suicide or accident.