At Least We Have New Video Boards!

Y2Jimmy0

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Oct 2, 2015 -> 08:48 AM)
They strayed away from promoting the fundamentals deck this year. Wonder if that'll get changed up.

Good point. They've barely promoted it at all or even done the kid HR derby anymore- perhaps it will be gone.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 2, 2015 -> 03:04 PM)
I bet it may be easier to sell volume on small video board ads vs. the yearlong committment. I wonder if that would equal out or be worse thou

a great point. can't wait until the commercial and corp companies start to work with the sox again.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Oct 2, 2015 -> 09:08 AM)
Good point. They've barely promoted it at all or even done the kid HR derby anymore- perhaps it will be gone.

There is zero chance they will get rid of the fundamental deck. It is one thing that separates USCF from other parks. Kids love it. I have seen the HR derby most games I have attended this year.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 2, 2015 -> 02:12 PM)
There is zero chance they will get rid of the fundamental deck. It is one thing that separates USCF from other parks. Kids love it. I have seen the HR derby most games I have attended this year.

i agree. there is your built in pipeline to getting fans.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 2, 2015 -> 03:34 PM)
I would imagine most of the posters here with young kids probably hit the fundamentals deck every time they take them to a game.

that is great !! .... it is a family time .... that was this present owners wanted .... a family unit coming to the games. like the time of the 60's, 70's and 80's. esp with veeck sitting in the bleachers holding court to anyone who want to come up and talk baseball.

to me, veeck is one of the demigod's of baseball, he instill family time for baseball.

Edited by LDF

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 2, 2015 -> 09:12 AM)

Really? I've been to 20 games and I've seen the HR derby game no more than 5 times.

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Oct 2, 2015 -> 07:30 AM)
Really? When has opening day ever been under 30,000?

I write code:

My comment was meant to be sarcastic I'm pretty sure you understood my overall meaning given the numerous issues with this organization at this point in history.

Mark

Yeah I've been to 15 games and barely remember seeing the hr derby thing at. Rain could explain it, I don't know. That said I wouldn't be surprised if they do something to it. No way they'd tear it down but a repackaging of it rather.

Itd be cool to turn into a giant bar overlooking the whole stadium but I guess we got enough of those, especially if they plan on doing something big with the 2nd level bar. Kids still need something.

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Oct 2, 2015 -> 11:18 AM)
I write code:

My comment was meant to be sarcastic I'm pretty sure you understood my overall meaning given the numerous issues with this organization at this point in history.

Mark

You should have said the day after opening day. ;)

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 2, 2015 -> 09:12 AM)

They could do so much more w/ the fundamentals deck. I have a 2 year old who was really excited to go up there, but there wasn't much for her to do. A small playground would do wonders.