At Least We Have New Video Boards!

Y2Jimmy0

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BrianAnderson @ Oct 1, 2015 -> 06:04 PM)
When the best news of the month is video boards so that they can play more ads and generate more revenue? owejifaowejfoawiejfoawjfoiwejfoiwjfoiwejwoefi is how I feel. We can't generate revenue through winning and butts in seats though, so you have to do it someway.

you hit it on the head... $$$

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Oct 1, 2015 -> 01:47 PM)
How am I the only one who is disappointed that the pinwheels will be gone? Those are f***ing iconic.

Those are not the same pinwheels.

Those were replaced with the old board at the old park. They stopping spinning with the installing of DiamondVision.

US Cellular is a great place to see a concert as the sightlines are much better than Wrigley and Soldier Field.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 1, 2015 -> 01:54 PM)
They are still there, just digital, and better than white lights going around those old ones with half of them staying on after a home run

Lol, I understand that they are being replaced by digital versions, and I think it's awful. The only redeeming quality about them is that they can change to form words.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Oct 1, 2015 -> 01:57 PM)
Lol, I understand that they are being replaced by digital versions, and I think it's awful. The only redeeming quality about them is that they can change to form words.

I'll take the 2015 technology over the 1990 technology every time,except for canned music over the organ, and the videos telling me to get loud, and the deal where the guy says, everybody clap your hands. But to each his own. The fact is, it won't be long before these scoreboards become dinosaurs as well. They are probably bigger and better than the State would have installed had they approved them any of the past several years. It will be interesting to see what effect it really has on the game experience.

I went to the Bears game vs. Arizona, and those new boards are nice. I don't think the old ones were HD, but most of the time, except for replays and some dead ball time, they had ads on the sides so it looked the same size as the old boards. It will be interesting to see how they use all 3 of these.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 1, 2015 -> 02:21 PM)
I'll take the 2015 technology over the 1990 technology every time,except for canned music over the organ, and the videos telling me to get loud, and the deal where the guy says, everybody clap your hands. But to each his own. The fact is, it won't be long before these scoreboards become dinosaurs as well. They are probably bigger and better than the State would have installed had they approved them any of the past several years. It will be interesting to see what effect it really has on the game experience.

I went to the Bears game vs. Arizona, and those new boards are nice. I don't think the old ones were HD, but most of the time, except for replays and some dead ball time, they had ads on the sides so it looked the same size as the old boards. It will be interesting to see how they use all 3 of these.

I love the new video boards, especially the one in CF. I am referring SPECIFICALLY to the pinwheels on top. How does them being digital enhance the fan experience in any way? I guess because they can make them spell out HOMERUN???

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Oct 1, 2015 -> 03:10 PM)
I love the new video boards, especially the one in CF. I am referring SPECIFICALLY to the pinwheels on top. How does them being digital enhance the fan experience in any way? I guess because they can make them spell out HOMERUN???

They will still be there with the same colors probably spinning around instead of making it look like they are spinning around with white Christmas tree lights. They will still be their colorful selves most of the time. Basically, you are trading paint and lightbulbs for a digital image. They can do even more. T

Brooks tonight said those dimensions reported by Crain's are wrong. Said boards will be much bigger perhaps the 3rd biggest in MLB. Also hinted about other big changes coming to U.S. Cellular Field. Maybe the big change will be that there's more than 10 thousand folks in the stands for opening day.

Mark

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Oct 1, 2015 -> 09:55 PM)
Brooks tonight said those dimensions reported by Crain's are wrong. Said boards will be much bigger perhaps the 3rd biggest in MLB. Also hinted about other big changes coming to U.S. Cellular Field. Maybe the big change will be that there's more than 10 thousand folks in the stands for opening day.

Mark

What other big changes could there possibly be?

QUOTE (Hatchetman @ Oct 1, 2015 -> 08:13 AM)
man I really am an anachronism....I would rather watch the players play and listen to Nancy Faust play her organ.

Nancy Faust was one of a kind, she really was. Talented and so clever, she really contributed so nicely to the ballpark experience. And she was unique to the White Sox - head and shoulders above any other organist in baseball! She was 1000 times better than the canned music routine, and always will be. Really do miss her!

And the new boards are just a part of the overall offseason stadium renovations, although Boyer declined to discuss any of those other plans at this time.

"Come Opening Day next year, it's going to look a lot different," Boyer said. --From White Sox.com

Mark

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Oct 1, 2015 -> 11:01 PM)
And the new boards are just a part of the overall offseason stadium renovations, although Boyer declined to discuss any of those other plans at this time.

"Come Opening Day next year, it's going to look a lot different," Boyer said. --From White Sox.com

Mark

Interesting... Wonder what else could be done to change the look?

I like the look of the new boards. I'll miss the old school pinwheels, but the Cell is in need of some modern technology.

If Brooks is saying the dimensions of the video boards are actually bigger, I wonder if they are getting rid of the billboards in the OF. Another huge change would be if they painted the facades green instead of the current gray.

They have the emblem behind homeplate, now another one on the mound. I hope they don't cave an install Wrigley brick to replace the green padding like so many teams have done, in the infield.

QUOTE (CWSpalehoseCWS @ Oct 1, 2015 -> 11:20 PM)
Interesting... Wonder what else could be done to change the look?

I like the look of the new boards. I'll miss the old school pinwheels, but the Cell is in need of some modern technology.

They strayed away from promoting the fundamentals deck this year. Wonder if that'll get changed up.

Theve also been promoting the little known left field Miller Light bar lately. It's pretty cool up there as is, but wonder if they put like a full fledged restaurant up there. There's definitely room. It's a ton of dead space right now outside the balcony seats themselves. Although I do know it's primarily an event hosting deal.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 2, 2015 -> 08:14 AM)
If Brooks is saying the dimensions of the video boards are actually bigger, I wonder if they are getting rid of the billboards in the OF. Another huge change would be if they painted the facades green instead of the current gray.

They have the emblem behind homeplate, now another one on the mound. I hope they don't cave an install Wrigley brick to replace the green padding like so many teams have done, in the infield.

I bet it may be easier to sell volume on small video board ads vs. the yearlong committment. I wonder if that would equal out or be worse thou