Tyler Flowers to have knee surgery

southsider2k5

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 2, 2015 -> 04:47 PM)
670 The Score ‏@670TheScore 6m6 minutes ago

#WhiteSox catcher Tyler Flowers will have right knee surgery on Oct. 9, reports @MLBBruceLevine: http://cbsloc.al/1VrsVMy

well will roseraio (sp) is avail for trade if needed. col mlb rumors. but i don't trust his offense.... for me it will always have that col help.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Oct 2, 2015 -> 12:08 PM)
Yay can't wait for another offseason for him/the org to make excuses that he wasn't healthy during the season.

He actually was fine in 2014, I'd definitely take a ~.700 OPS from the catching position, the problem is there's little chance of him repeating that, especially considering a lot of his 2014 production was fueled by a high BABIP.

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Oct 2, 2015 -> 11:17 AM)
Right after his surgery Tyler Flowers needs to be released, pitch framing be damned. (But he won't of course...he probably be returning yet again next year in year two of the "plan...")

Mark

They have been trying to replacing him for two years now. Hence the Brian McCann chase. But that shouldn't stop another ownership shot.