Blue Jays vs Rangers Series thread

Buehrle>Wood

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rooting for the Jays. Honestly at this point it looks like the power heavy teams (yankees aside) have done well in the playoffs.

It's so hard to string together multiple hits in playoffs, those solo home runs are such nice pads. Like when Crede kept us in those games with his solo hrs.

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 12, 2015 -> 03:47 PM)
Rooting for the Jays. Honestly at this point it looks like the power heavy teams (yankees aside) have done well in the playoffs.

It's so hard to string together multiple hits in playoffs, those solo home runs are such nice pads. Like when Crede kept us in those games with his solo hrs.

I saw a study before the playoffs started, I'll try to find it, but basically it said, the power hitting teams usually are more reliable in the playoffs.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 12, 2015 -> 04:01 PM)
Jays are going to get a game 5 it looks like.

As long as Price doesn't choke, they should advance.

Yep, I want the Jays and Astros actually. Then in the NL, Cubs and Dodgers. IMHO, Jays are the only team from the AL with a legit shot at the World Series championship.

So much for the good offenses don't do well in the playoffs talk. Also, I think it's ridiculous to claim the Jays are the only team with a reasonable shot at the World Series title, none of the NL teams really look like juggernauts, and I think people are underrating the Rangers and Astros.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Oct 12, 2015 -> 04:10 PM)
So much for the good offenses don't do well in the playoffs talk. Also, I think it's ridiculous to claim the Jays are the only team with a reasonable shot at the World Series title, none of the NL teams really look like juggernauts, and I think people are underrating the Rangers and Astros.

I like the Cubs, Mets, Cardinals and Mets over all AL teams except the Jays.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Oct 12, 2015 -> 04:15 PM)
I like the Cubs, Mets, Cardinals and Mets over all AL teams except the Jays.

I still think the jury is out on just how good the top NL teams are, considering the AL dominance in interleague play and how awful the bottom of the NL is. I just don't buy that the top NL teams are any better. Plus anything can happen in a 7-game series.

Gibbons said before today's game that everyone was available and he would not hesitate to call upon Price. It's a must win game against a powerful Texas lineup so no lead is considered safe when facing elimination.

If the Jays went with Stroman and advanced, they could start Price in game 1 of the ALCS.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 12, 2015 -> 07:58 PM)
Maybe it has something to do with 0-6 in 6 postseason starts.

How many consecutive playoff starts has Kershaw lost? Would you waste him in relief?

I'd rather start the much better pitcher every time. Stroman has only pitched like 30 or 40 innings this year after knee surgery, that's just as risky.

A few things that Gibbons might have been thinking.

1) Jays needed to do whatever to stay alive and preserve the lead against a tough Texas lineup

2) Stroman pitched better against Texas than Price so Stroman starting game 5 makes some sense

3) Pitching Price today ( Monday) was sort of like a side session for Price and if the Jays can win Wednesday without using Price, he should be well rested to start game 1 of the ALCS Friday.

I can see where Gibbons is coming from.

Edited by BlackSox13