Hahn says another catcher is ready to be added.

Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Dec 2, 2015 -> 11:52 PM)
Mesoraco would be awesome. Huge fan of his.

Wonder how the hip is doing.

Still think it's gotta be Navarro. Hahns comments would be strange if he were on the doorstep of a trade.

Why would they be strange? Leverage?

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Dec 2, 2015 -> 10:58 PM)
Why would they be strange? Leverage?

Yeah. Why come out and say you've got a deal before you got a deal if it's a trade? Only seems plausible if it happened within the hour, which it didn't.

A FA makes much more sense if they're just hammering out final details. And Navarro is the only one who fits Hahns description. I'm

It would be nice for this to be out of the way before the Winter Meetings begin. Judging from the quotes, it sure sounds like it will be. That would be one less thing for the front office to worry about during the flurry of deals that are going to happen next week. Here's hoping it's a potentially impactful catcher!

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 3, 2015 -> 02:05 AM)
Levine Twitter

"White Sox GM Rick Hahn said he has another catcher ready to be added after non tendering Tyler Flowers ."

dang.... i wonder who it is. i don't think it would be a non-tendered player. maybe a trade???

where is bucket and lord something i think chaos or something like that.

we need some up dates.

I'm starting to think they are going trade route for the new catcher. If it was signing of navarro then they probably would have done that already since he's a free agent and been out there for a month. Since the catching position has been a hole since AJ left I'm guessing they are trying to get controlled catcher. Hahn has said he'd like to get younger and controlled players. Maybe that's why Avila was brought in for veteran presence and good club house leader for the new catcher.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Dec 3, 2015 -> 01:34 PM)
I'm starting to think they are going trade route for the new catcher. If it was signing of navarro then they probably would have done that already since he's a free agent and been out there for a month. Since the catching position has been a hole since AJ left I'm guessing they are trying to get controlled catcher. Hahn has said he'd like to get younger and controlled players. Maybe that's why Avila was brought in for veteran presence and good club house leader for the new catcher.

a very good well thought out counter.

i had to look up something but you are right, they the sox have nothing in the pipeline for yrs... with regards to catching. the only one is Jhoandro Alfaro - c and he is 18 yrs old. so yeah, are they, the sox going to keep playing musical chairs at catcher and waiver until Alfaro is ready.

btw. thanks KW for the state of the system.