2016 Democratic Thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 14, 2016 -> 12:48 AM)
http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/13/politics/qui...rida/index.html

HOW CAN GREG NOT BE ALL OVER THIS ONE?

Interesting that it's neck and neck. As much as I'm scared of Trump, I am intrigued by the idea of Hillary not being an automatic winner. I still think she's a lock. Too much media support to help her. The Chris Matthews of the world will make sure she's in. Prediction: There will be media members holding back tears at her inauguration and even holding back tears during Democrat convention coverage.

She will get a huge boost in the ratings after the convention and her acceptance speech. It's going to be epic media commentary. That's when they hit it hard for the democratic candidate. Whereas they will scour every word in Trump's speech for errors and make fun of how he looks, and also make fun of the sports figures that speak for him and how unconventional the convention is, the reax to Hillary's acceptance speech at the Demo convention will be even more sappy than the reaction to Obama's acceptance speeches.

They'll be calling it the greatest speech ever and say she showed her true personality and wax poetic about her role in history as the first women candidate. Hillary will be big on the woman angle to MAKE SURE she keeps that HUGE lead among women voters. I still don't understand why African American voters LOVE her so much considering Bill threw so many more African Americans in jail off the streets during his years.

Trump stands no chance ... remember my prediction of media shedding tears or saying they are holding back tears in analyzing her acceptance speech while mocking Trump's speech. The pundits are going to say Hillary's convention speech is the one that forever turns the tide of public opinion in her favor: "She was touching in describing what it means to her personally to be the first woman president and at the same time Presidential in outlining some of her goals for her eight years. This new side of Hillary has been shown and she figures to win the Presidency in a landslide over Trump who had what was deemed a very poor performance at the Republican Convention." Just wait.

It's going to be interesting to see how the media at least attempt to hide their Trump hatred during the Republican convention. Or will they even try? There's going to be a lot of mocking Trump, but when is too much snide too much? The pundits will have to mask their bias just a tad, won't they?? Cause they know what the Democratic Convention coverage is going to be: Wall to wall praise of the first female president and every word that comes out of her mouth. Hillary Clinton will never have greater acceptance numbers and a greater lead over Trump than a few days after the Democratic Convention. The landslide will be underway.

Edited by greg775

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

After watching Biden at the ESPY's a thought hit me: Why the hell didn't he run for President this time. He would be GREAT and a super alternative to Hillary. Nobody hates Joe Biden. Many people are like me and not fond of Hillary. What was Biden thinking??

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 14, 2016 -> 12:01 AM)
After watching Biden at the ESPY's a thought hit me: Why the hell didn't he run for President this time. He would be GREAT and a super alternative to Hillary. Nobody hates Joe Biden. Many people are like me and not fond of Hillary. What was Biden thinking??

That he has suffered major family loss and is ready to move on with the next chapter in his life with his spouse

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 14, 2016 -> 01:01 AM)

He didn't want to, his heart wasn't in it. Simple as that.

I do think it's kind of funny that Biden has ALL of the liabilities on his voting record Hillary has AND THEN SOME though and nobody cares about that (Hillary campaigned for the '94 crime bill, Bernie voted for it, Biden wrote the damn thing, he voted for the Iraq War, history is not kind to him for the way he treated Anita Hill during the Clarence Thomas confirmation hearings, etc.).

QUOTE (farmteam @ Jul 13, 2016 -> 11:39 PM)
I thought I remember a lot of posts in the 2008 timeframe from you about how Daniels' education policy sucks? Maybe I'm thinking of someone else though (Balta? One of the native Indianans).

I also remember complaints about Daniels being rather shifty with the books. All that sad, I agree he's not as bad as Brownback/Walker/Palin/etc.

Oh trust me, I won't claim he is perfect. The education funding pushing into charter and privates is a big one locally. But in general, he is WAY more ideal than anyone else I saw in the entire Republican field in 2016.

QUOTE (Ezio Auditore @ Jul 14, 2016 -> 08:18 AM)
He didn't want to, his heart wasn't in it. Simple as that.

I do think it's kind of funny that Biden has ALL of the liabilities on his voting record Hillary has AND THEN SOME though and nobody cares about that (Hillary campaigned for the '94 crime bill, Bernie voted for it, Biden wrote the damn thing, he voted for the Iraq War, history is not kind to him for the way he treated Anita Hill during the Clarence Thomas confirmation hearings, etc.).

Biden just doesn't get taken seriously. He is treated like the racist and really old uncle who just occasionally yells something stupid, and everyone laughs and goes "Oh that Uncle Joe!" Now the gloves would come off if he were every the nominee for President, but for now he kind of gets the Quayle treatment.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 14, 2016 -> 11:37 AM)
Biden just doesn't get taken seriously. He is treated like the racist and really old uncle who just occasionally yells something stupid, and everyone laughs and goes "Oh that Uncle Joe!" Now the gloves would come off if he were every the nominee for President, but for now he kind of gets the Quayle treatment.

Eh, to be fair the gloves didn't come off for Bernie who earlier this year assumed an Indian man was Muslim, not Hindu. And there's his whole rape fantasy writings from the 70s.

But yeah, Biden is just America's crazy uncle right now.

One of my Facebook friends linked this executive order with a hysterical description of how the Obama administration has blanket authorized drone strikes on U.S. citizens.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office...strike-measures

That's not what it says. An executive order almost never says what the person talking about it claims it says.

I bet you I could choose a random XO in the 13xxx series (hell, it doesn't even have to be one of Obama's, it's not like people will even notice) and say "This is terrifying! The Obama administration has ordered everyone's children to be transgender by 2019!" and people will share it on Facebook without reading it like they do everything else.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 14, 2016 -> 11:37 AM)

Biden hates that characterization, but there's a reason he never got close to being nominated for president.

Over the past few years when conservatives would start talking about impeachment, my response would be "you want Joe Biden to be president that bad, huh? And of course you realize he can potentially be re-elected twice after that too?"

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 14, 2016 -> 10:45 AM)
Eh, to be fair the gloves didn't come off for Bernie who earlier this year assumed an Indian man was Muslim, not Hindu. And there's his whole rape fantasy writings from the 70s.

But yeah, Biden is just America's crazy uncle right now.

I don't think the media took Sanders very seriously either.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 14, 2016 -> 12:03 PM)

Right, I meant even though he was a Presidential candidate, he basically got a free pass.

[Prepares for Greg to come in and say otherwise]

BS didn't have a chance. I don't even know why he bothered trying to be a democrat when he clearly isn't one.

HRC will be a horrible president most likely but the alternative of Trump will probably scare a lot of people into voting for her.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jul 14, 2016 -> 11:07 AM)
BS didn't have a chance. I don't even know why he bothered trying to be a democrat when he clearly isn't one.

HRC will be a horrible president most likely but the alternative of Trump will probably scare a lot of people into voting for her.

Why isn't he clearly a democrat?

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jul 14, 2016 -> 11:41 AM)
He has left leaning tendencies for sure but he's an independent! Why would the DNC allow him to come in and kick over their tea party?

I don't think the DNC did anything to stop Bernie Sanders. A small name candidate lost to the more popular well know candidate. Pretty much how it always goes.

I don't think the DNC hates Bernie Sanders. He votes with them on almost every issue.

QUOTE (Ezio Auditore @ Jul 14, 2016 -> 09:47 AM)
One of my Facebook friends linked this executive order with a hysterical description of how the Obama administration has blanket authorized drone strikes on U.S. citizens.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office...strike-measures

That's not what it says. An executive order almost never says what the person talking about it claims it says.

I bet you I could choose a random XO in the 13xxx series (hell, it doesn't even have to be one of Obama's, it's not like people will even notice) and say "This is terrifying! The Obama administration has ordered everyone's children to be transgender by 2019!" and people will share it on Facebook without reading it like they do everything else.

FEMA death camps! Jade helm takeover! Bush did 9/11!

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 14, 2016 -> 12:58 AM)
Interesting that it's neck and neck. As much as I'm scared of Trump, I am intrigued by the idea of Hillary not being an automatic winner. I still think she's a lock. Too much media support to help her. The Chris Matthews of the world will make sure she's in. Prediction: There will be media members holding back tears at her inauguration and even holding back tears during Democrat convention coverage.

She will get a huge boost in the ratings after the convention and her acceptance speech. It's going to be epic media commentary. That's when they hit it hard for the democratic candidate. Whereas they will scour every word in Trump's speech for errors and make fun of how he looks, and also make fun of the sports figures that speak for him and how unconventional the convention is, the reax to Hillary's acceptance speech at the Demo convention will be even more sappy than the reaction to Obama's acceptance speeches.

They'll be calling it the greatest speech ever and say she showed her true personality and wax poetic about her role in history as the first women candidate. Hillary will be big on the woman angle to MAKE SURE she keeps that HUGE lead among women voters. I still don't understand why African American voters LOVE her so much considering Bill threw so many more African Americans in jail off the streets during his years.

Trump stands no chance ... remember my prediction of media shedding tears or saying they are holding back tears in analyzing her acceptance speech while mocking Trump's speech. The pundits are going to say Hillary's convention speech is the one that forever turns the tide of public opinion in her favor: "She was touching in describing what it means to her personally to be the first woman president and at the same time Presidential in outlining some of her goals for her eight years. This new side of Hillary has been shown and she figures to win the Presidency in a landslide over Trump who had what was deemed a very poor performance at the Republican Convention." Just wait.

It's going to be interesting to see how the media at least attempt to hide their Trump hatred during the Republican convention. Or will they even try? There's going to be a lot of mocking Trump, but when is too much snide too much? The pundits will have to mask their bias just a tad, won't they?? Cause they know what the Democratic Convention coverage is going to be: Wall to wall praise of the first female president and every word that comes out of her mouth. Hillary Clinton will never have greater acceptance numbers and a greater lead over Trump than a few days after the Democratic Convention. The landslide will be underway.

1378960_1280x720.jpg

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 14, 2016 -> 02:45 PM)
Kudos to RBG for rescinding commentary. That she apologized goes someway to restoring norms.

I'm sure all of the fed justice seats open will be filled now too

In the future, Clarence Thomas will disclose his direct ties to parties arguing before the Court and recuse himself. I am now certain of this.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 14, 2016 -> 05:03 PM)

They were quite scared of Sanders' threat to Ms. Clinton and made sure he didn't ride momentum to the nomination. If the media had jumped on his bandwagon when he was routinely clobbering Clinton in that stretch of primaries, he had a real chance in California. But every one of Bernie's victories was shrugged off with, "Clinton has all the superdelagate support and Sanders has no chance." Very unfair and sad.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jul 14, 2016 -> 06:09 PM)
I don't think the DNC did anything to stop Bernie Sanders. A small name candidate lost to the more popular well know candidate.

Yeah the public perception already has Hillary blowing away Bernie in a rout when in reality Bernie actually gave her a hell of a fight against all odds. No money and no media on his side. He should have been given superstar coverage when he started blowing her out of the water in that one significant stretch of primaries. I don't understand why the media wants Hillary so badly. It's like they take it personally when it's even suggested somebody might beat her.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 14, 2016 -> 03:34 PM)
They were quite scared of Sanders' threat to Ms. Clinton and made sure he didn't ride momentum to the nomination. If the media had jumped on his bandwagon when he was routinely clobbering Clinton in that stretch of primaries, he had a real chance in California. But every one of Bernie's victories was shrugged off with, "Clinton has all the superdelagate support and Sanders has no chance." Very unfair and sad.

Yeah the public perception already has Hillary blowing away Bernie in a rout when in reality Bernie actually gave her a hell of a fight against all odds. No money and no media on his side. He should have been given superstar coverage when he started blowing her out of the water in that one significant stretch of primaries. I don't understand why the media wants Hillary so badly. It's like they take it personally when it's even suggested somebody might beat her.

The media wasn't scared of Bernie at all.

Like, the skeletons in his closet were routinely...ignored.

Did I step in a portal to an alternate Earth? Just for clarification, on the Earth I come from, in the 2016 Democratic Primary, Bernie Sanders got tons of favorable media coverage relative to Clinton (when they could find time to stop talking about Trump), it was frequently noted he generated enthusiasm in his supporters and drew large crowds, and every time he gained ground in polls or won a state he received several days' worth of coverage for it. When the media did mention Clinton, they usually accurately reported that she had more delegates and was more likely to win, which is what happened. I'm not sure how that happened on this Earth, though. Did Hillary Clinton squeak out a come-from-behind win or something? idk

QUOTE (Ezio Auditore @ Jul 14, 2016 -> 02:58 PM)
Did I step in a portal to an alternate Earth? Just for clarification, on the Earth I come from, in the 2016 Democratic Primary, Bernie Sanders got tons of favorable media coverage relative to Clinton (when they could find time to stop talking about Trump), it was frequently noted he generated enthusiasm in his supporters and drew large crowds, and every time he gained ground in polls or won a state he received several days' worth of coverage for it. When the media did mention Clinton, they usually accurately reported that she had more delegates and was more likely to win, which is what happened. I'm not sure how that happened on this Earth, though. Did Hillary Clinton squeak out a come-from-behind win or something? idk

I believe Portal to an Alternate Earth is on Kansas license plates, thou

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 14, 2016 -> 02:36 PM)
The media wasn't scared of Bernie at all.

Like, the skeletons in his closet were routinely...ignored.

He doesn't really have skeletons in his closet.

Unless you consider support for Sandinistas in Nicaragua back in the 80's skeletons. I don't.