2016 Fantasy Baseball Official Thread

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Condor13 @ Feb 23, 2016 -> 03:31 PM)
If anyone is interested our Soxtalk Legends League is still looking for a few more players. We are using for another forum for our draft etc. Our draft starts this friday. Let me know if anyone is interested.

The forum is

http://soxfantasybaseball.proboards.com/

Hey, I'll play in this leauge. I posted on the other board.

Hey guys, question.

My league is a 3 keeper league that is unusually friendly to pitchers. Our keepers accelerate by one round from the previous year.

I have both Machado and Arenado, so I was hoping to trade Machado for swapping into higher rounds, and keeping J. Fernandez and maybe Rodon (he was 22nd pick last year).

But instead I was offered trade of Altuve for Machado. Altuve would be my 7th round choice. On its face it seems completely fair, but it means I'm keeping two offensive players and losing 2 top ten picks.

Thoughts?

It depends on just how heavy pitchers are in your league.

But, my thoughts:

First, I'd stay away from Fernandez and Rodon if I could (Fern --> injuries, Rodon --> not proven as a keeper IMO when you only have three choices).

Next, Machado is the best player of the three IMO. If you can do Arrenado for Altuve straight up, I love that deal. Machado for Altuve you are overpaying.

I'd prefer to Keep Machado + Altuve + Fernandez if it is possible.

If he is only accepting Machado for Altuve, I pass and keep Machado + Arrenado + Fernandez

Use Machado at UTIL if he is only 3b eligible in your league.

Whatever you do, do not let Machado + Arrenado go for the sake of keeping Rodon + fernandez. Keep Machado + Arrenado + one of the SP (fernandez).

This is, of course, assuming some sort of balance between hitting / pitching, even if pitching is slightly favored.

Thanks.

Appreciate it. I'm much better at football. Keep in mind, Rodon is more valuable only due to him being basically nothing (21st pick), not straight value add.

Fernandez will be costly to keep as he's my 3rd year keeping him.

Our keeper deadline is today. My final and official keepers are:

C Brian McCann

1B Freddie Freeman

2B Dee Gordon

SS Rights to Fransisco Lindor

3B Rights to Maikel Franco

OF Bryce Harper

OF Giancarlo Stanton

OF Starling Marte

SP Stephen Strasburg

SP Carlos Rodon

SP Carlos Martinez

SP Rights to Lance McCullers

SP Rights to Eduardo Rodriguez

I have $100 for 18 players to fill out my roster.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Feb 29, 2016 -> 11:41 AM)
Our keeper deadline is today. My final and official keepers are:

C Brian McCann

1B Freddie Freeman

2B Dee Gordon

SS Rights to Fransisco Lindor

3B Rights to Maikel Franco

OF Bryce Harper

OF Giancarlo Stanton

OF Starling Marte

SP Stephen Strasburg

SP Carlos Rodon

SP Carlos Martinez

SP Rights to Lance McCullers

SP Rights to Eduardo Rodriguez

I have $100 for 18 players to fill out my roster.

I hope that there are plenty of good pitching options out there.

QUOTE (knightni @ Feb 29, 2016 -> 11:24 AM)
I hope that there are plenty of good pitching options out there.

There should be. However, I'll tell you a little story from last year. I finished 3rd with Carrasco, Verlander, Quintana, Richards, and Stroman as my starting 5 pitchers.

I figured I'd load up on hitting and address my pitching needs in the draft. In fantasy, a great offense always beats good pitching in terms of cost (auction).

Assuming that's a 12 team league you have a stacked team.

Your OF is ridiculous, by far best in league. Two first rounders and a second rounder.

Dee gordon at 2b, Freeman a solid option at first, and C, SS, and 3b are by no means slouches for you either.

SP is, I'd think, at least league average or better with Stras, Rodon, Carlo, Lance.

QUOTE (iWin4Ron @ Feb 29, 2016 -> 04:27 PM)
Assuming that's a 12 team league you have a stacked team.

Your OF is ridiculous, by far best in league. Two first rounders and a second rounder.

Dee gordon at 2b, Freeman a solid option at first, and C, SS, and 3b are by no means slouches for you either.

SP is, I'd think, at least league average or better with Stras, Rodon, Carlo, Lance.

10 team league.

You should really grab another high-end starter, especially given the strength of your offense. Especially in a 10 team league, you should probably invest in two top-20 starters and mix-and-match the rest. If Martinez/McCullers are your 3/4 guys, you have a good shot at winning the league (I wouldn't trust Rodon to be better than them yet).

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE (iWin4Ron @ Mar 1, 2016 -> 12:55 PM)
10 team league, slightly less impressive, more realistic, but I can't imagine too many teams out there better than you.

I've upgraded my offense and pitching quite a bit from what I ended with last year when i finished 3rd.

Mesoraco replaced by McCann

Dozier replaced by Gordon

Aybar replaced by Lindor

Verlander, Richards, and Carrasco replaced Strasburg, Martinez, and Rodon

A healthy Stanton

Full year of Freeman, Marte, and Harper (traded for all 3 of them in the middle of the season.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Mar 1, 2016 -> 01:28 PM)
You should really grab another high-end starter, especially given the strength of your offense. Especially in a 10 team league, you should probably invest in two top-20 starters and mix-and-match the rest. If Martinez/McCullers are your 3/4 guys, you have a good shot at winning the league (I wouldn't trust Rodon to be better than them yet).

I agree, but my philosophy is that a better offense is more key than better pitching in my fantasy league.

I finished 3rd last year with Verlander, Richards, Carrasco, McCullers, and Stroman as my starters.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Mar 1, 2016 -> 01:33 PM)
I agree, but my philosophy is that a better offense is more key than better pitching in my fantasy league.

I finished 3rd last year with Verlander, Richards, Carrasco, McCullers, and Stroman as my starters.

And those starters are probably why you finished 3rd instead of first (and the Stanton injury).

If you're starting from scratch, you should spend at least 2/3 of your budget on offense. You're not though. You already have a great offense with no glaring holes.You can easily splurge on whomever the best available pitcher is and then focus on lottery tickets. Even if you don't keep that guy long-term it makes sense.

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 1, 2016 -> 02:14 PM)
I don't understand how your keepers is an entire roster but you still say there will be top 20 pitching talent.

I don't know that there will be, those are two independent thoughts. That said, in every keeper league I've been in, someone gets thrown back that is decent. Perhaps someone wasn't happy with the price to keep someone like Wainwright, Felix or Tanaka.

Even if they didn't, there should be SOMEONE that can help because there are more than 50 useful pitchers (especially with relievers).

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Mar 1, 2016 -> 01:59 PM)
And those starters are probably why you finished 3rd instead of first (and the Stanton injury).

If you're starting from scratch, you should spend at least 2/3 of your budget on offense. You're not though. You already have a great offense with no glaring holes.You can easily splurge on whomever the best available pitcher is and then focus on lottery tickets. Even if you don't keep that guy long-term it makes sense.

I was in 9th all year until the 2nd half of the year. I had Harvey and Kluber the 1st half until I traded them.

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 1, 2016 -> 02:14 PM)
I don't understand how your keepers is an entire roster but you still say there will be top 20 pitching talent.

It's an auction league and sign them to contracts. Read my leagues rules on the last page.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Mar 1, 2016 -> 07:18 PM)
I was in 9th all year until the 2nd half of the year. I had Harvey and Kluber the 1st half until I traded them.

It's an auction league and sign them to contracts. Read my leagues rules on the last page.

Got it. That's insane and hard.