2016 Fantasy Baseball Official Thread

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ended up trading Cole Hamels and Ender Inciarte for Carlos Rodon and Curtis Granderson in my H2H points dynasty league, so my team depth chart is:

C - Posey/Vogt

1B - Encarnacion/Vogt/Bell

2B - Pedroia/Lawrie/Happ

SS - Russell/Miller/Swanson/Bregman

3B - Seager/Lawrie/Nunez

OF - Kemp/Pence/Granderson/Piscotty/Yelich/Calhoun/Miller/Winker/Happ/Clark

SP - Sale/Price/Bumgarner/Tanaka/Quintana/Chen/Rodon/Finnegan/Norris

RP - Papelbon/Ramos/Street/Perkins/Tolleson

I probably lost this deal short term, but I love Rodon and his potential so I had to pull the trigger.

I agree that you lost the trade short term, but with your insane pitching staff, you should be ok in the short and you grow in the long term.

Your OF continues to remain a bunch of above average misfits, but Granderson's power could be solid for your lineup.

Any luck on the front of 2-for-1 deals for a more elite OF option?

QUOTE (iWin4Ron @ Mar 9, 2016 -> 03:48 PM)
I agree that you lost the trade short term, but with your insane pitching staff, you should be ok in the short and you grow in the long term.

Your OF continues to remain a bunch of above average misfits, but Granderson's power could be solid for your lineup.

Any luck on the front of 2-for-1 deals for a more elite OF option?

Thanks for the comment!

I did make another trade today. I gave up A.J. Ramos and Stephen Vogt for Adam Jones and Evan Longoria.

I thought I made out well on the deal. If nothing else, Jones is a legit outfielder that can one of my better players on offense.

That's a steal of a trade.

Of course, I'm not big on Longoria, and Jones has really soured last year, but still, Adam Jones immediately becomes your #1 OF. And while not elite, he is good enough to be a legit OF2 on a championship fantasy squad, borderline OF1.

Not only that, but you get Longoria who is a fair starting 3b in fantasy league to go a long with Seagar.

All you gave up really was Ramos. Vogt is essentially useless to you (see: posey), and your RP is already a massive strenght.

A+ on the trade.

QUOTE (iWin4Ron @ Mar 9, 2016 -> 10:12 PM)
That's a steal of a trade.

Of course, I'm not big on Longoria, and Jones has really soured last year, but still, Adam Jones immediately becomes your #1 OF. And while not elite, he is good enough to be a legit OF2 on a championship fantasy squad, borderline OF1.

Not only that, but you get Longoria who is a fair starting 3b in fantasy league to go a long with Seagar.

All you gave up really was Ramos. Vogt is essentially useless to you (see: posey), and your RP is already a massive strenght.

A+ on the trade.

Thanks man! Yeah, that was my reasoning behind the trade as well. Vogt was going to get very little playing time anyway since I have Posey, and Ramos was expendable since I already have 4 other relievers.

I definitely do have a logjam of outfielders (Jones, Kemp, Pence, Piscotty, Yelich, Granderson, Calhoun, Winker, etc), so I'm hoping that at least 1 or 2 of them start out hot so I can sell high on them. I'm actively trying to move a few of them now, but it makes no sense to trade them for garbage just for the sake of moving them. I guess I'll wait it out.

I need a few more owners for a keeper league. It's set up with 4 keepers, but in tiers. Slot 1- any player, slot 2- player drafted 5th round or later, slot 3- 11th round or later, slot 4- 17th round or later.

Categories are 6x6, R/HR/RB/SB/OBP/SLG for hitters and IP/SV/ERA/WHIP/K/9/QS for pitchers.

Ideally I would get 3 new people, but I only need one to make it a 10-team league. PM me if interested and I will invite you.

I just finished up a draft on ESPN for another dynasty league that I joined this year. This league will allow 7 keepers at the end of the 2016 season. I happened to get the first pick, and I chose Mike Trout.

After the draft concluded, a guy in the league offered me Chris Sale and Julio Urias for Trout. According to this leagues scoring, Trout is projected to earn 533 points and Sale is projected to earn 628 points for this upcoming season. Urias isn't expected to pitch at all.

So with that being said, do you guys think I should accept that offer? I already have Kluber, King Felix, Cueto, Stroman, Richards, Severino, Nola, etc, and adding Sale would give me the best pitching in the league by far.

If you guys wouldn't mind sharing your thoughts, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Generally speaking, I'm saying no. Trout is the elite OF option #1.

The question would really be, is Trout > OF replacement level compared to Sale > SP replacement level.

Your league over evaluates SP, I see, but that could mean an average SP level type produces excellent value as well, minimizing the effect Sale has.

However, if this is not the case, then I consider making the trade.

If people have a second can you rate the teams below from 1-10. 1 being the best and 10 being the worst. I am trying to put together a preseason AP and Coaches polls for our Soxtalk Keeper league. If your in the league please do not vote bc I will have a thread up soon in our forum where you can do so there.

Just post or PM your Vote.

Best Offensive Team:

Best Pitching Team:

Thanks in advance to anyone who take the time to vote.

Draft_Board.jpg

photo sharing

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Mar 13, 2016 -> 03:12 PM)
I need a few more owners for a keeper league. It's set up with 4 keepers, but in tiers. Slot 1- any player, slot 2- player drafted 5th round or later, slot 3- 11th round or later, slot 4- 17th round or later.

Categories are 6x6, R/HR/RB/SB/OBP/SLG for hitters and IP/SV/ERA/WHIP/K/9/QS for pitchers.

Ideally I would get 3 new people, but I only need one to make it a 10-team league. PM me if interested and I will invite you.

Need one more before I can finalize rosters and start putting in keepers!

Keepers in my big auction league

C Brian McCann

1B Freddie Freeman

2B Dee Gordon

OF Bryce Harper

OF Giancarlo Stanton

OF Starling Marte

SP Carlos Martinez

SP Stephen Strasburg

SP Carlos Rodon

Rights to: SS Fransisco Lindor, 3B Maikel Franco, SP Lance McCullers, SP Eduardo Rodriguez

I have $100 to get 18 players (including the 4 above).

I think my strategy is bid those 4 players first. Go after a big time pitcher (Price or King Felix) and then get some players $3 or less.

Took over a keeper team and we drafted last night. My big league draft is Thursday.

C Posey, 1B Pujols, 2B Kinsler, SS Escobar, 3B Frazier, CI Ortiz, MI Altuve, OF J Upton, OF Cain, OF Pence, OF Hanley, OF Zobrist, UTL ARod

Felix, Garrett, Quintana, Kazmir, Heaney, Iwakuma, Aaron Sanchez

Street, Andrew Miller, Cishek

Had my big fantasy draft last night. I lost out on Franco and Lindor as they were just too expensive for my liking. Here's my team

C Brian McCann/Derek Norris

1B Freddie Freeman/Mitch Moreland

2B Dee Gordon/Brett Lawrie

3B Anthony Rendon/Yunel Escobar

SS Trevor Story/Eduardo Escobar/J.P Crawford

OF Bryce Harper/Giancarlo Stanton/Starling Marte/Corey Dickerson

SP Stephen Strasburg/Carlos Rodon/Carlos Martinez/Michael Pineda/Luis Severino/Eduardo Rodriguez/Lance McCullers/Aaron Sanchez/ Tyler Glasnow/Carson Fulmer

RP Craig Kimbrel/David Robertson/Dellin Betances

Thoughts?

Question to all vet commissioners:

How long would you give an inactive team/owner before giving them the heave-ho for someone else?

Is contact completely nonexistent?

I would have been lenient up until the season started, but now we are a few days away. I'd want to have all managers active for opening day. If he's not there for opening day, then the league doesn't mean much for him.

I'd seriously consider the heave-ho now, unless there is a means of communication.

QUOTE (iWin4Ron @ Mar 31, 2016 -> 03:54 PM)
Is contact completely nonexistent?

I would have been lenient up until the season started, but now we are a few days away. I'd want to have all managers active for opening day. If he's not there for opening day, then the league doesn't mean much for him.

I'd seriously consider the heave-ho now, unless there is a means of communication.

I had to email to get keepers, but got no response. I believe that the draft was autodrafted as well.

According to the manager page, they haven't been on the site since after Valnetine's Day.