Adam LaRoche retires

LittleHurt05

QUOTE (shysocks @ Mar 24, 2016 -> 09:23 AM)
He should feel ashamed because he's acting all victimized because he can't spend every waking hour with his f***ing kid, while he sat across the locker room from a guy in Abreu who's actually been through something difficult.

He proceeded to make the choice to Twitter snipe while allowing the issue to explode. Not difficult to understand.

Yup, that's it. As usual you've hit the nail right on the head.

Acting all victimized? He made one statement and walked away.

You don't like LaRoche the player, so now you are just making things up. He has been one of the most quiet about this entire thing than anyone.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 24, 2016 -> 09:36 AM)

You don't like LaRoche the player, so now you are just making things up. He has been one of the most quiet about this entire thing than anyone.

I think that is the problem. He has appeared to have everyone else doing his dirty work for him and let this drag out over a much longer period of time than it should have gone.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 24, 2016 -> 02:36 PM)

if that was all to it, with all due respect, but lets do a timeline

1 . for whatever reason management came to him in a respected way to tone it back

2. al did not do it, (did he tell any of his teammates?)

3. al had his son on the pitching mound

4. management got even angrier and they had words.

5. al made a statement in which he stated something like he need to think of his future

6. management tried to talk to to no avail

7. sox clubhouse and some players voiced their support.

8. al retired.

9. clubhouse and kw incident.

10. al letter to explain his side or something to that effect.

11. clubhouse became incensed

12. owner came in to pacify things.

now some where in there both side could have chg and stop the mess. tell me where???

hint #1.

QUOTE (LDF @ Mar 24, 2016 -> 09:47 AM)
if that was all to it, with all due respect, but lets do a timeline

1 . for whatever reason management came to him in a respected way to tone it back

2. al did not do it, (did he tell any of his teammates?)

3. al had his son on the pitching mound

4. management got even angrier and they had words.

5. al made a statement in which he stated something like he need to think of his future

6. management tried to talk to to no avail

7. sox clubhouse and some players voiced their support.

8. al retired.

9. clubhouse and kw incident.

10. al letter to explain his side or something to that effect.

11. clubhouse became incensed

12. owner came in to pacify things.

now some where in there both side could have chg and stop the mess. tell me where???

You are making this up as well and assuming many things. How do you know KW was respectful? Because he said so when he failed to mention he told LaRoche no more access? He clearly lied. Plus the team agreed to his kid having this kind of access. How many other kids had their own locker and uniform? Do you think Adam did that on his own. Look at the facts and not your hatred for how LaRoche played. He sucked. He even said he sucked. That really shouldn't matter. He's gone, and the faction moaning about Sale and Eaton keeping it alive now won't let it go after it hasn't been a story for a few days. Let it go. He's gone.

hint #1.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 24, 2016 -> 09:36 AM)

Absolutely, acting all victimized. If he had wanted to muzzle his company's Twitter account he would have done so immediately. Instead he was all too happy to play the martyr. Instead of being quiet, he could have put his statement out there right away.

I've consistently been among the least harsh on LaRoche the player, chalking his struggles up to the hamate and expecting a reasonable bounceback. There's no special bias from me, but he comes out of this looking like a buffoon, and I'm happy to point that out when he continues to drum this s*** up.

QUOTE (shysocks @ Mar 24, 2016 -> 09:53 AM)
Absolutely, acting all victimized. If he had wanted to muzzle his company's Twitter account he would have done so immediately. Instead he was all too happy to play the martyr. Instead of being quiet, he could have put his statement out there right away.

I've consistently been among the least harsh on LaRoche the player, chalking his struggles up to the hamate and expecting a reasonable bounceback. There's no special bias from me, but he comes out of this looking like a buffoon, and I'm happy to point that out when he continues to drum this s*** up.

What? Familyfirst on a meat site for a 10% discount? And earlier showing support for your family member? Just awful.

You guys complaining don't even realize how petty you are getting.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 24, 2016 -> 09:55 AM)
What? Familyfirst on a meat site for a 10% discount? And earlier showing support for your family member? Just awful.

You guys complaining don't even realize how petty you are getting.

Nah, petty is dragging this out over a long period of time for maximum embarrassment, while pretending to keep your hands clean.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 24, 2016 -> 09:58 AM)
Nah, petty is dragging this out over a long period of time for maximum embarrassment, while pretending to keep your hands clean.

Bingo. They could have used any other discount code. Instead they picked one that fans the flames.

You are making this up as well and assuming many things. How do you know KW was respectful?

and how do you know he wasn't

Because he said so when he failed to mention he told LaRoche no more access?

after the 2nd mtg between kw and al

He clearly lied. Plus the team agreed to his kid having this kind of access.

and the language of the verbal contract..... do you know what was actually agreed too??

How many other kids had their own locker and uniform? Do you think Adam did that on his own.

and that showed the sox did not have a problem.... so something had to change, can't you see that?

Look at the facts and not your hatred for how LaRoche played.

i don't hate him, i could care less about him.... truth, and i have stated this several times.

He sucked. He even said he sucked. That really shouldn't matter. He's gone, and the faction moaning about Sale and Eaton keeping it alive now won't let it go after it hasn't been a story for a few days. Let it go. He's gone.

you are also part of the moaning and is keeping this alive.... follow your own advice.

QUOTE (shysocks @ Mar 24, 2016 -> 10:01 AM)
Bingo. They could have used any other discount code. Instead they picked one that fans the flames.

No. They are using the latest news and the people who support him to make some extra sales for their business. What another awful thing that no one else would do.

The only flames being fanned are fathom, LDF and you.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (shysocks @ Mar 24, 2016 -> 03:53 PM)

and there are many times he could have come out with that special msg of let is die, but didn't.

I love this comment by Teixeira:

“It was the first time he has ever gone on the field with me, and he’s 10 years old,’’ Teixeira said of a workout last week. “It won’t happen during the season. It was one time, a special workout, a stay-back workout [when] there weren’t a lot of guys here. I’ve always had the mentality, this is my job, when I’m here I’m a hundred percent. I’m not checking my phone all day long, calling people. When I’m at work, I’m at work. It’s served me well.’’

http://nypost.com/2016/03/24/mark-teixeira...=site%20buttons

QUOTE (LDF @ Mar 24, 2016 -> 10:05 AM)
and there are many times he could have come out with that special msg of let is die, but didn't.

He's been silent.

I don't know why that is some evil conspiracy. He is gone, leaving the game behind. Why are you criticizing he not moving on when he clearly is, when you cannot move on?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 24, 2016 -> 10:11 AM)
He's been silent.

I don't know why that is some evil conspiracy. He is gone, leaving the game behind. Why are you criticizing he not moving on when he clearly is, when you cannot move on?

So this is you moving on?

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 24, 2016 -> 08:13 AM)
Presented without comment:

E3 Meat Company ‏@E3Meat Mar 22

Take 10% off your order with code FamilyFirst10. Shop http://e3meatco.com #familyfirst

When the news first broke, I had all the respect for LaRoche for being able to walk away like that. That respect has been diminishing daily when you see stuff like this. They should be embarrassed.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 24, 2016 -> 10:14 AM)
When the news first broke, I had all the respect for LaRoche for being able to walk away like that. That respect has been diminishing daily when you see stuff like this. They should be embarrassed.

I had no real opinion of Laroche until this issue I think he is actually a dick and feel less of fan of eaton and Sale for defending him.

Edited by Harry Chappas

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 24, 2016 -> 04:04 PM)
No. They are using the latest news and the people who support him to make some extra sales for their business. What another awful thing that no one else would do.

ahh this added after the fact.

but with the bold, i saw replies that, imo justifying al or taking liberties with the truth and opinions. so i was bored and responded.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 24, 2016 -> 10:14 AM)
So this is you moving on?

I'm just commenting, and stating some facts. Adam LaRoche needed to retire. So he retires and he's an ass. Adam LaRoche needs to move on, now we have someone monitoring his Meat company's twitter feed to see if anything controversial comes of it, not to mention a shot at him for not thanking fans.

Why isn't the tweet where he thanked baseball and said he gave him more than he ever deserved, from HIS twitter totally ignored.

But fanning flames is one of your specialties.

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 24, 2016 -> 04:10 PM)
I love this comment by Teixeira:

“It was the first time he has ever gone on the field with me, and he’s 10 years old,’’ Teixeira said of a workout last week. “It won’t happen during the season. It was one time, a special workout, a stay-back workout [when] there weren’t a lot of guys here. I’ve always had the mentality, this is my job, when I’m here I’m a hundred percent. I’m not checking my phone all day long, calling people. When I’m at work, I’m at work. It’s served me well.’’

http://nypost.com/2016/03/24/mark-teixeira...=site%20buttons

mr social media could learn something from this.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 24, 2016 -> 04:11 PM)
He's been silent.

and how come you can't let it go???? it takes 2.

Edited by LDF

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 24, 2016 -> 10:04 AM)

Well that's the most innocent spin you could put on it, but whatever. I've said all I can say.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 24, 2016 -> 04:18 PM)
I'm just commenting, and stating some facts. Adam LaRoche needed to retire. So he retires and he's an ass. Adam LaRoche needs to move on, now we have someone monitoring his Meat company's twitter feed to see if anything controversial comes of it, not to mention a shot at him for not thanking fans.

Why isn't the tweet where he thanked baseball and said he gave him more than he ever deserved, from HIS twitter totally ignored.

no you are not, it is you, and you using your perception of what you are assuming is facts.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 24, 2016 -> 10:18 AM)

Fanning the flames is exactly what LaRoche has been doing since his feud with Williams. No matter what you think happened, the one obvious thing is that LaRoche is still fueling this to be news, and has been the entire time. It is why certain people have been fed information to keep telling his story while LaRoche stayed behind the scenes content to snipe from his companies twitter account instead of actually handing the situation up front. This should have been over days ago, but LaRoche keeps it in the news.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 24, 2016 -> 03:22 PM)
Fanning the flames is exactly what LaRoche has been doing since his feud with Williams. No matter what you think happened, the one obvious thing is that LaRoche is still fueling this to be news, and has been the entire time. It is why certain people have been fed information to keep telling his story while LaRoche stayed behind the scenes content to snipe from his companies twitter account instead of actually handing the situation up front. This should have been over days ago, but LaRoche keeps it in the news.

I think the story has pretty much disappeared over the last couple of days. I don't necessarily agree with using this situation as a way to plug his company, but he can do whatever he wants. The far bigger issue to me now is the clubhouse issues it seems to have caused.

QUOTE (LDF @ Mar 24, 2016 -> 10:22 AM)
no you are not, it is you, and you using your perception of what you are assuming is facts.

I am stating facts. 100% of posters would have been happy a week before Adam LaRoche retired if he retired. Then he retires and all of the perfect parents here know how to raise their kids and know despite not one report to the contrary, the guy LaRoche is doing a s***ty job of raising is nothing but a good kid.

Just remember when you mention FACTS, the next complaint you read about Drake LaRoche will be the first. So if you want to rip people for assuming, you really need to look in the mirror.

We assume a lot of things. KW flatly omitted he totally banned the kid, and then changed his mind. Do you know that he changed it right away or after LaRoche decided to retire? We don't know, and won't know. But again, LaRoche sucked so he is going to be the one who is blamed. There are so many things here that could go either way. I don't see anything wrong with his company using recent news as a promotion to sell product. Why don't they monitor LaRoche's twitter instead if you are looking for something to piss you off?

Edited by Dick Allen