**World Soxtalk Championship Wrestling IV Thread**

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Aug 24, 2016 -> 09:41 PM)
Ha, I only just saw it recently on Youtube at NXT Takeover and it was absolutely brilliant.

He's already the most over wrestler in the company.

I wouldn't go that far but ya from Styles to Nakamura to Roode they've just been hitting homerun after homerun after homerun with the entrance themes.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So many emotions during that match.

First, I forgot it was elimination and when KO pinned Cass, I popped.

Then when HHH pedigreed Roman, I was like ugh, they're going back to that feud.

Then when KO finally won I was relieved they're doing something different.

Hope KO is treated like a legit champ and not like when authority helped Rollins every match.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Sep 1, 2016 -> 10:41 PM)
Ibushi and Kendrick is another must see from the CWC.

The burning hammer was ridiculous. I actually slightly preferred the Metalik v. Tozawa match, but basically a coin toss on those two matches. Bottom line the whole show is fantastic.

They actually had a botched finish, as refs are instructed to call matches as shoots, and Ibushi got counted out after the neck breaker on the turnbuckle. Live, Regal came out and said Kendrick shouldn't win on an illegal move and restarted the match. That was obviously edited out for the Network show.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Sep 2, 2016 -> 10:55 AM)
The burning hammer was ridiculous. I actually slightly preferred the Metalik v. Tozawa match, but basically a coin toss on those two matches. Bottom line the whole show is fantastic.

They actually had a botched finish, as refs are instructed to call matches as shoots, and Ibushi got counted out after the neck breaker on the turnbuckle. Live, Regal came out and said Kendrick shouldn't win on an illegal move and restarted the match. That was obviously edited out for the Network show.

Ya, both matches were fantastic. I personally just got into the Kendrick-Ibushi match more. Can't believe they let Kendrick use the burning hammer.

WWe is in a weird state right now. I don't watch Smackdown, i follow the results tho. Love AJ Styles, hate just about everything else going on on it. However, I will say that it's nice that they are giving time to develop some of the other wrestlers. I hope it all goes well and we get great matches and a new taste, but right now, watching SD is a bit unbearable to me. I read the results and i'm like, da'fuq?

Raw has been entertaining the past two weeks, but wtf is up with these consistent squash matches? I think there was 3 of them past week and many in the previous weeks. WHY? It's ok to do it once here and there, but 3 times in the same show???? week after week? It kills the crowd, makes me want to hang myself for watching it, etc.

Other than that, Raw is really exciting! Matches again are feeling stale, even tho they are putting on great matches. Reason? Nothing new ever happens in the matches! In the attitude era you had chairs, tables, DQ's, whatever. In the PG era you have one style of good match: a barrage of finishers leading up to either an unpredictable quick pin or a finishing move pin. Great matches, but stale when overused. Really wish they'd keep me on my toes more often.

So we have WWE smackdown presents Blacklish PPV on tap for Sunday night.

One of the worst cards I can recall in recent memory created via a really rough smackdown roster.

6-pack womens match, meh. Tag title tournament OK (decently interesting), Miz vs. Ziggler is a matchup thats been done to death (love that they give the IC title prestige, but meh battle here), Style vs. Ambrose (hopefully Styles wins), Orton vs Wyatt who cares Wyatt has been made to look like a fool.

Good luck WWE!

The good news? Still optimism remains as it is early in the brand split. Backlash could present some new plots, new champions, and so forth.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Sep 10, 2016 -> 01:48 PM)
Of course you don't like the card, you admitted you don't watch Smackdown. I'm not going to pretend to be pumped for this ppv but SD has been really good outside of the first episode so I'm sure they'll put on a good show.

Miz is the hottest he's ever been and tag titles has a bigger feeling with usos heel and slater (ugh) getting reactions. Not sure what to think of women's match. Will see.

But yeah, if you don't watch SD, you're not going to get it.

I check in with it here and there.

Love AJ Styles.

Actually am very fond of what The Miz is doing. My problem is with everything else :P. Sure Uso's got a much needed change of personality, but that deed won't make me happy about a tag title tournament that features the dull Uso's vs. 50 year old Rhyno + slater makeshift tag team.

I'm interested in Bayley kicking ass on Raw, the Kevin Owens show, HHH vs. Rollins/Reigns (without the title being in the picture), the tag title between new day and AJ's friends. Raw just seems to be killing it.

QUOTE (iWin4Ron @ Sep 11, 2016 -> 12:09 AM)
I check in with it here and there.

Love AJ Styles.

Actually am very fond of what The Miz is doing. My problem is with everything else :P. Sure Uso's got a much needed change of personality, but that deed won't make me happy about a tag title tournament that features the dull Uso's vs. 50 year old Rhyno + slater makeshift tag team.

I'm interested in Bayley kicking ass on Raw, the Kevin Owens show, HHH vs. Rollins/Reigns (without the title being in the picture), the tag title between new day and AJ's friends. Raw just seems to be killing it.

Just gotta watch SD, my friend. It doesn't sound or seem very exciting but it's been a very good show every week. And watch Talking Smack, it might just be the best show under the WWE umbrella and that's including NXT and The CWC.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Sep 11, 2016 -> 12:23 AM)
Just gotta watch SD, my friend. It doesn't sound or seem very exciting but it's been a very good show every week. And watch Talking Smack, it might just be the best show under the WWE umbrella and that's including NXT and The CWC.

Slow down kid.

So Orton has legitimate injury concerns and that killed one of their key matches for the event. Sorry, random Kane sighting blows. (admittedly I was going to pop for a Cena showing)

Why make the tag title tournament if there isn't enough good teams? I dig Heath Slater a lot, but a random pairing with Rhyno (whilst being cool) is maybe a tough pill to swallow as the leaders of the tag teams on Smackdown.

Uso's turn heel is a good move, but there's literally no tag teams on smackdown! What's the point of having champions of nothing. What is there like 10 different titles now in the WWE? lol.

Positive of having only 6 matches per 3 hr PPV is that each match gets time to tell a story. That's nice for a change, it's just too bad nothing is really developing. Miz vs. Zig was a good match, but honestly couldn't care for it as Zig character is long dead.

Smackdown desperately needs some time. Needs the superstars to gain experience and experience with the fans to appeal.

I am cautiously optimistic for the future!

Well, it's September, so far

Royal Rumble --> Styles debuts to massive roar.

Then goes on to feud with Jericho in some great matches, leading to a solid Wrestlemania match. Jericho, oddly, goes over.

Then goes on to fight Reigns for the title in some brilliant matches.

Defeats Cena 2 times in 1on1 action and has great overall matches.

Now defeats Ambrose to become World Heavyweight Champion.

This gurantees he's to headline a few more PPV's before the year is over. Namely Survivor Series.

What an incredible year!

QUOTE (iWin4Ron @ Sep 11, 2016 -> 08:40 PM)
Well, it's September, so far

Royal Rumble --> Styles debuts to massive roar.

Then goes on to feud with Jericho in some great matches, leading to a solid Wrestlemania match. Jericho, oddly, goes over.

Then goes on to fight Reigns for the title in some brilliant matches.

Defeats Cena 2 times in 1on1 action and has great overall matches.

Now defeats Ambrose to become World Heavyweight Champion.

This gurantees he's to headline a few more PPV's before the year is over. Namely Survivor Series.

What an incredible year!

Hopefully he gets to headline Wrestlemania. Guy deserves it. He could put on a 5 star match with a crash test dummy. He's that good.