4/28 Game thread: @ Baltimore, 6:05pm, CSN

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 28, 2016 -> 06:29 PM)
Truly believe they pull the plug on Danks if he gets rocked again

They have to.

It was one thing to keep him around a few years ago when he was still owed a ton of money and the team sucked, but now that the team is good and he's in the final year of his deal, he needs to be gone if he continues to be this bad.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 28, 2016 -> 06:29 PM)
Truly believe they pull the plug on Danks if he gets rocked again

It sucks because I love the guy but I think he's toast, I'm not how much of a future he even has in this league at this point. Someone's always willing to give a one-time-good lefty a shot but Danks just has nothing left. His stuff is just so weak and he doesn't have nearly good enough command to make up for it, he just nibbles himself to death because he can't attack hitter like he wants to.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 28, 2016 -> 06:32 PM)
Avi swung at the good pitch to hit and let the others go by. Progress.

His AB's have been much improved lately, he appears to have a much better feel for the strike zone right now, he was 100% guessing for most of April.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Apr 28, 2016 -> 06:38 PM)
I've been a Danks defender but yeah he looks horrible. Way different than the 2nd half last year.

He falls behind and he is in a lot of trouble. If he gets ahead, he will be fine, but he hasn't been able to do it this season.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Apr 28, 2016 -> 06:38 PM)
I've been a Danks defender but yeah he looks horrible. Way different than the 2nd half last year.

If you lookup how Johan Santana's career went post capsule you'll see he was out of baseball a few years later. Danks is on the same path. It's a s***ty injury.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 28, 2016 -> 06:39 PM)
He falls behind and he is in a lot of trouble. If he gets ahead, he will be fine, but he hasn't been able to do it this season.

According to Statcast the average exit velocity against Danks last year was well below average. It made me optimistic for this year, but everyone is hitting him hard.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Apr 28, 2016 -> 06:44 PM)
According to Statcast the average exit velocity against Danks last year was well below average. It made me optimistic for this year, but everyone is hitting him hard.

He took 5 balls in that AB and somehow didn't draw a walk.