Baltimore Orioles vs Chicago White Sox 6:05PM

Kyyle23

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Apr 29, 2016 -> 07:32 PM)
Hawk just said Avi is the most talented player on this ballclub.

*sigh*

He really needs to just retire. I'm not a huge Benetti fan but compared to hawk holy s*** he's amazing. Unlike Hawk, Benetti actually seems to enjoy his job and doesn't just spout the same 3-5 points over and over again.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Apr 29, 2016 -> 05:32 PM)
Hawk just said Avi is the most talented player on this ballclub.

*sigh*

Old ballplayers can never get away from that "five tool" way of thinking, comparisons to guys like Mays, Mantle (before the knee problems) and Clemente.

Avi has elements of all five of the tools, although it's hard to argue at this point that "defense" would still be one of them. He does have a strong arm, has power (potential), batting average (potential) and can run well for his size, but needs a bit more time to get going full-speed and isn't first-step quick but is quite fast after he gets a full head of steam going.

Realistically, he could say Tim Anderson is the most talented (potential) player in the organization and it would make more sense than saying Avi is the most talented.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 29, 2016 -> 05:39 PM)
Old ballplayers can never get away from that "five tool" way of thinking, comparisons to guys like Mays, Mantle (before the knee problems) and Clemente.

Avi has elements of all five of the tools, although it's hard to argue at this point that "defense" would still be one of them. He does have a strong arm, has power (potential), batting average (potential) and can run well for his size, but needs a bit more time to get going full-speed and isn't first-step quick but is quite fast after he gets a full head of steam going.

Realistically, he could say Tim Anderson is the most talented (potential) player in the organization and it would make more sense than saying Avi is the most talented.

I'd say that Avi has elements of no more than three of those tools.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Apr 29, 2016 -> 06:46 PM)
Speed, Arm, and Power I would say he "flashes". He has NEVER shown me good contact or defensive skills.

My quick Avi ratings:

Speed 45/45

Arm 50/50

Contact 30/55

Power 25/60

Defense 20/30

Honestly after looking at my quick scouting report it doesn't look like his upside is much more than solid starter, and that's a long way off. Obviously he needs to have a good year to stay in MLB, let alone become a solid starter.