5/19- Astros @ White Sox- 7:10 PM CT

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 19, 2016 -> 08:53 PM)
Sale's ERA under 1.50 now.

Pitch count in the mid-80's.

Hate this decision coming up for Ventura...if he "sails" through the 8th, I hope to god Ventura leaves him in and doesn't bring Robertson into the game. Sale's the best pitcher in the world right now, and we really need this game, about as much as any game this season so far.

Robin should be grilled if he takes Sale out under those circumstances. Even if he's at 100+ pitches.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 19, 2016 -> 07:53 PM)
Sale's ERA under 1.50 now.

Pitch count in the mid-80's.

Hate this decision coming up for Ventura...if he "sails" through the 8th, I hope to god Ventura leaves him in and doesn't bring Robertson into the game. Sale's the best pitcher in the world right now, and we really need this game, about as much as any game this season so far.

Sale is doing what Verlander used to do for Detroit. I remember the Tigers going in a small funk and he'd just carry them at times.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ May 19, 2016 -> 07:54 PM)
Sale is doing what Verlander used to do for Detroit. I remember the Tigers going in a small funk and he'd just carry them at times.

The Tigers have had some other really good pitchers (especially Scherzer and now Zimmerman), but when he was going good from 2006-2012/13, you just couldn't beat him. He would keep adding velocity and become harder and harder to hit as the game wore on.

You just hoped and prayed to extend his pitch count and get the game to the pen...of course, at that time, especially early in his career, the White Sox had some excellent fastball hitters, Konerko especially.

Sabathia, Johan Santana for almost his entire Twins' career and Liriano in 2006 were the other ones that come to mind.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ May 19, 2016 -> 08:58 PM)
Runners at the corners, one out, and the biggest double play threat in the lineup at the plate

Why is McHugh still in? You need to bring in Sipp for Avila.

lol too late.