5/19- Astros @ White Sox- 7:10 PM CT

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoCalSox @ May 20, 2016 -> 01:30 AM)
I'd like to make sure this is Austin Jackson's only season in a Sox uniform. He's provided stability overall but he's not the same player he was coming up in his younger days.

He looks like he has maybe two more years left in the majors. Skills are quite diminished.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ May 19, 2016 -> 08:35 PM)
Good job with pitch count these past few innings for Sale

With the way Chris is pitching, he's only exerting maximum effort on a few pitches per AB. So even if he was higher in pitch count, I'd trust him to throw 110-120 pitches.

McHugh entered the game with a 5.5ish ERA and is looking like Cy Chen/Guthrie.

Dangerous game where one swing of the bat can change the whole complexion of the game, especially after "losing" that homer in the 1st, they must feel a little bit snake-bitten and kind of waiting around for something bad to happen after the last week.

Luckily, there's Chris Sale to counteract that by force of will alone.

Also, when you take Lawrie out the line-up, some of his energy and enthusiasm goes with him.

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 19, 2016 -> 08:36 PM)
With the way Chris is pitching, he's only exerting maximum effort on a few pitches per AB. So even if he was higher in pitch count, I'd trust him to throw 110-120 pitches.

Yeah kind of reminds me of other top guys who have done similar. Like a younger Verlander.

There's another vote for the Sale/Eaton ticket.

Execution here...desperately need to score this run and get a little cushion. Not so much for Sale, but more for the sake of the offense regaining some confidence in their ability to drive in a runner from 3rd and less than 2 outs.

Especially against someone who doesn't have great stuff, have to make contact.