5/23 Game 1 - Indians @ Sox, 4:10, CSN

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ May 23, 2016 -> 06:11 PM)
If the game ends at like 6, the next one still starts at 7, right?

Just heard on the broadcast...the second game will start approximately 40 minutes after the first one is completed, or at 7:10, which ever comes first.

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ May 23, 2016 -> 06:15 PM)
Yea Carlos needs to go down.no reason Salad shouldn't have these ABs

Saladino will be in the 2nd game, but I'm guessing probably to spell Rollins. I think Sanchez will still probably be in the 2nd game then. Is the 2nd game lineup available?

QUOTE (Heads22 @ May 23, 2016 -> 05:23 PM)
Just got home - what's the deal with Kahnle being the 26th man? Are we calling up EJ after the game and sending down Sanchez?

What another poster said was they'll probably send down a player after the first game and call up EJ for the second.

QUOTE (Scoots @ May 23, 2016 -> 05:22 PM)
Saladino will be in the 2nd game, but I'm guessing probably to spell Rollins. I think Sanchez will still probably be in the 2nd game then. Is the 2nd game lineup available?

Lawrie will be at 2B in game 2 after DHing the first game I guarantee it

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ May 23, 2016 -> 06:21 PM)
Can you explain that to me? What's considered good? I'm trying to learn some of these stats

Anything over .300 is good but really it's mostly a function of luck except for super fast guys or sluggers (think Eaton or Frank Thomas). Some guys just hit the ball harder and run faster but for the most part it's luck.

Last year when Avi was hitting over .300 early he had a .400 BABIP, basically he was just getting lucky. When his BABIP came back to earth, so did his slash line.

Ironically, Austin Jackson is a guy that made an absolute killing early in his career by maintaining a BABIP over 330. He was hitting the ball hard and running very, very fast.

Tim Anderson when he comes up is another guy that will have a high BABIP. Slash hitter that is fast. He'll have to maintain it to have success in MLB.

Pitcher BABIP is another story all together. A lot of good free info on Fangraphs, etc.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ May 23, 2016 -> 04:24 PM)
Anything over .300 is good but really it's mostly a function of luck except for super fast guys or sluggers (think Eaton or Frank Thomas). Some guys just hit the ball harder and run faster but for the most part it's luck.

Last year when Avi was hitting over .300 early he had a .400 BABIP, basically he was just getting lucky. When his BABIP came back to earth, so did his slash line.

Ironically, Austin Jackson is a guy that made an absolute killing early in his career by maintaining a BABIP over 330. He was hitting the ball hard and running very, very fast.

Tim Anderson when he comes up is another guy that will have a high BABIP. Slash hitter that is fast. He'll have to maintain it to have success in MLB.

Pitcher BABIP is another story all together. A lot of good free info on Fangraphs, etc.

Thanks! I've read up on it but wanted it explained to me. I've read some fan graphs