Chicago White Sox vs Minnesota Twins 6/28/2016

QUOTE (Insp @ Jun 29, 2016 -> 02:39 AM)
Eaton struck out by swinging on 2 pitches that were out of the strike zone. Can't win by being overly aggressive.

He's late on the fastball a lot lately. Average boosted a lot by infield hits

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Greg...the Red Sox could definitely use Q or Sale.

Or the Rangers.

Or the Dodgers.

As long as Hahn remains as GM, he won't be traded. Avi will still be in the line-up. Saladino will still be on the bench.

And they don't have a contract option for Morneau next season, as far as I know (someone correct me if I'm wrong). So they're going to have to start over and sign a new DH in a terrible FA class unless they trade for Cargo or Bruce.

1 year/$1M (2016)

signed by Chicago White Sox as a free agent 6/9/16

QUOTE (Footlongcomiskeydog @ Jun 28, 2016 -> 08:33 PM)
Hahn isn't going anywhere. This is year 2 of some sort of 3 year plan. A 500 finish this year will be an improvement over last year and a success in the eyes of Sox ownership.

That is sooooooooooo 2015's excuse for the continued futility!

:lol:

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 28, 2016 -> 09:29 PM)
Banking on them getting value is a fools errand. I'd rather keep them

You are wasting their WAR on losing teams when you can trade them to contenders to acquire WAR in the form of players who can contribute in future seasons which is MUCH more valuable to this team.

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ Jun 28, 2016 -> 08:44 PM)
You are wasting their WAR on losing teams when you can trade them to contenders to acquire WAR in the form of players who can contribute in future seasons which is MUCH more valuable to this team.

Agreed.

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Jun 28, 2016 -> 08:42 PM)
That is sooooooooooo 2015's excuse for the continued futility!

:lol:

And they would actually be able to sell it to SOME, if not for the 23 7/9ths - 10 start to the season, and a 6/7/8 game lead on the division on May 6th.

They have a terrible start and follow it up with a streak to get to .500, nobody bats an eye. Business as usual. No pressure.

Coats is the anti-Anderson and Trayce. Those were the only two guys I can remember who did well from the get-go in a Sox jersey. Coats seems like he's as bad as anybody who has graced a uniform. Does he have hope?

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jun 29, 2016 -> 02:44 AM)
Can't wait to see the failure of year 3 considering this FA class sucks and our minor league leaves little to be desired.

We will acquire someone from the NL to fix the offense that comes over and has his worst season ever

Is this the real White Sox team? I never wanted to believe it, but I think what we see tonight is ultimately what we get. How do you lose 4-0 to the worst team in baseball, against a starter who is 0-5 with an ERA over 6? How is one of your best hitters hitting under.200? I had so much faith in this team, but after tonight, that faith really is gone. I am so tired of seeing someone get on base and the next two or three hitters doing nothing to get the guy in. So awful.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 29, 2016 -> 03:46 AM)
Coats is the anti-Anderson and Trayce. Those were the only two guys I can remember who did well from the get-go in a Sox jersey. Coats seems like he's as bad as anybody who has graced a uniform. Does he have hope?

He will be sent down when Morneau is ready

QUOTE (Scoots @ Jun 29, 2016 -> 03:49 AM)
Is this the real White Sox team? I never wanted to believe it, but I think what we see tonight is ultimately what we get. How do you lose 4-0 to the worst team in baseball, against a starter who is 0-5 with an ERA over 6? How is one of your best hitters hitting under.200? I had so much faith in this team, but after tonight, that faith really is gone. I am so tired of seeing someone get on base and the next two or three hitters doing nothing to get the guy in. So awful.

I've said it before the guys do not care. White Sox players not named Sale count their money while not getting down and dirty. If they cared you damn well believe they'd do something about this Quintana thing. They'd be fired up the entire f***ing game trying to get him some runs. I despise the Royals but at least them seemingly care from their heckling of other teams in the dugout to their bulls*** soaking each other in gatorade after every win. The Sox are too cool for their own good (except for Sale).

QUOTE (oldsox @ Jun 29, 2016 -> 03:51 AM)
He can't be that bad after what he accomplished in high minors. Probably pressing. He'll get sent down and who knows, might get it together and be a solid player.

He seems like a good prospect but I loved Brian Anderson at one point as well.

QUOTE (Scoots @ Jun 28, 2016 -> 08:49 PM)

All the Sox hitters tonight have a collective .470 OPS against Gibson tonight.

This isn't a rare occurrence. It has been going on over almost 150 career at-bats now counting tonight's game by current Sox hitters.

5 singles, 21 outs. 7 k's. Fits the pattern exactly.

You characters are like a comedy routine. This team is 38-38 and if playing a board game or fantasy baseball would Have been torn apart at least 38 times already cause that's how we build a winner you know

Edited by elrockinMT