Chicago White Sox vs Minnesota Twins 6/28/2016

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 28, 2016 -> 09:18 PM)
So many games this team is just awful with RISP. Why do they keep acting like a fastball is coming?

So far I've seen Abreu and Avi let a 3-1 fastball down the plate go by then get out on the 3-2

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 28, 2016 -> 09:17 PM)
LOL. I'm sure you will dredge them up.

See, even when a fan tries to be optimistic, it will be used against him later. So wouldn't it be easier if, like some here, I just came out against EVERY single move, and then claimed credit later when it didn't work out?

You're arguing against yourself...that I can't say anything positive or at least try to understand what the GM is attempting to do.

All that said, nobody here is paid to be GM of the White Sox. We can afford to be wrong in our evaluations, and it doesn't matter in real life.

Actually, go ahead. I would be interested in seeing what was written. I wasn't head over heels about Duke, he was a one year wonder concern from the very beginning. I don't remember being particularly excited about Samardzija. I was elated to get anything back for Jake Peavy, because I was never in favor of the extension in the first place.

It doesn't matter that is the point. Yet you ways try to give the illusion that you knew the correct moves all along. If RH and RV know as little about baseball as you claim, none of us no anything. That included you.

@whitesoxdom After tonight, Jose Quintana will be 120th out of 122 MLB starting pitchers (60+ IP) in run support per game (2.65 runs per game).

Sigh. Quintana has been one of my favorites on this team since he came up a few years ago. Painful to see the run support he gets.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jun 28, 2016 -> 09:29 PM)
Although I have reservations about this front office it would be fun to think about the returns of our veterans and core guys like Sale and Quintana.

Banking on them getting value is a fools errand. I'd rather keep them

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Jun 28, 2016 -> 08:29 PM)
Great, now Melky is hurt.

What happened? Out of the game? Precautionary?

We've also now somehow given up 14 1/2 games in the standings to CLE since May 6th.

The 2005 Indians at their hottest made up 12 1/2 games on the White Sox from late July through the last 10 days of that season.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 28, 2016 -> 09:29 PM)
#hahn is the #2 national trend on twitter right now. The people really want him fired. ;)

He's really done nothing to deserve his job right now and if they don't reach over 80 wins that'll really look bad for Hahn.

Please White Sox, do the right thing and trade Quintana. It's just obscene how the team can't hit for him. Just trade him ASAP for mercy''s sake.

And for gosh sake we don't need Morneau unless he's integral for next season. Just let Saladino DH. Time to blow it up.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 28, 2016 -> 09:29 PM)
#hahn is the #2 national trend on twitter right now. The people really want him fired. ;)

Hahn isn't going anywhere. This is year 2 of some sort of 3 year plan. A 500 finish this year will be an improvement over last year and a success in the eyes of Sox ownership.

QUOTE (Footlongcomiskeydog @ Jun 28, 2016 -> 09:33 PM)
Hahn isn't going anywhere. This is year 2 of some sort of 3 year plan. A 500 finish this year will be an improvement over last year and a success in the eyes of Sox ownership.

He needs to fire Robin first.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jun 29, 2016 -> 02:24 AM)
@whitesoxdom After tonight, Jose Quintana will be 120th out of 122 MLB starting pitchers (60+ IP) in run support per game (2.65 runs per game).

Sigh. Quintana has been one of my favorites on this team since he came up a few years ago. Painful to see the run support he gets.

There's no reason to subject him or the fans to this any longer. Trade him for 4 prospects NOW. If we need a replacement pay Buehrle the minimum. right now you'd have to be an idiot to pay good money to go to a home game in which Quintana pitches. You are guaranteed to be bored senseless.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 28, 2016 -> 07:15 PM)
Every single big out has been on a change. You'd think we'd scout that

I think you are over simplifying things. He has used the slider against Avi, Abreu and Anderson and uses the sinker effectively also to get outs . Problem is most of them aren't in the zone.