greg775

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Jul 7, 2016 -> 11:47 PM)
Brother Rice.

Explains a lot. ;)

I don't know why nobody else will say they are not thrilled about looking at 50ish transgenders in miniskirts n high heels. I mean it's not a pleasant sight even though they have a right to do whatever they want. I didn't do anything to the person, I just expressed on an internet message board that I did indeed leave the area and did not enter the Subway to eat at the same time as the transgendered woman.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 7, 2016 -> 05:24 PM)
Brother Rice I think we had maybe less than five total black students when I was there. All recruited athletes I think. I truly am colorblind. Believe it.

When did you go there, the 1950's?

In the 80's when I went it was 30% black while Marist and Laurence were 0%. It dropped a little in the 90's when they had some issues with race but never below 10% and now it is back up to 30%.

Do you just sit and make things up?

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Jul 8, 2016 -> 05:56 PM)

In the 80's when I went it was 30% black while Marist and Laurence were 0%. It dropped a little in the 90's when they had some issues with race but never below 10% and now it is back up to 30%.

I had no idea it was 30 percent now. My bad. That's cool. I wonder how many African Americans are in Mt. Greenwood now. That's cool if there are a ton in the neighborhood. THere were a lot of racists in Mt. Greenwood when I lived there.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 8, 2016 -> 10:57 PM)
I had no idea it was 30 percent now. My bad. That's cool. I wonder how many African Americans are in Mt. Greenwood now. That's cool if there are a ton in the neighborhood. THere were a lot of racists in Mt. Greenwood when I lived there.

Mt greenwood is still the same.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Jul 8, 2016 -> 12:56 PM)

My hs in DG was so white. I'm trying to raise my kids in a much more diverse environment. That bubble makes you somewhat racist and I don't want my kids to be that way. People are people.

http://www.denverpost.com/2016/07/09/phila...cial-profiling/

Castile was stopped FIFTY-TWO times by the police over the span of 14 years....WHAT THE HELL?

MINNEAPOLIS — When Philando Castile saw the flashing lights in his rearview mirror the night he got shot, it wasn’t unusual. He had been pulled over at least 52 times in recent years in and around the Twin Cities and given citations for minor offenses including speeding, driving without a muffler and not wearing a seat belt.

He was assessed at least $6,588 in fines and fees, although more than half of the total 86 violations were dismissed, court records show.

Edited by caulfield12

Minnesota police are tear-gassing people Sat night at 11 and trying to break up the protest which has marched to I-94. A Highway.

Here's my stance about protests: The people are ON THE f***ING HIGHWAY. If you are gonna protest on a freeway and impede the lives of others who want to use the freeway, sorry protestors you deserve to be arrested. GO AHEAD and protest all you want ... in a safe spot. Do you soxtalkers agree with me on this?? Sitdown on a freeway?? I say you should be arrested if you are f***ing sitting on a freeway.

Finally I also am against marching into the Taste of Chicago and yelling at people. I feel if you do that you SHOULD be arrested during the protest. Tourists and fellow Chicagoans alike are trying to enjoy an event like the Taste and should not be harassed during such an event!!!!!

Comments?

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 9, 2016 -> 11:21 PM)
Minnesota police are tear-gassing people Sat night at 11 and trying to break up the protest which has marched to I-94. A Highway.

Here's my stance about protests: The people are ON THE f***ING HIGHWAY. If you are gonna protest on a freeway and impede the lives of others who want to use the freeway, sorry protestors you deserve to be arrested. GO AHEAD and protest all you want ... in a safe spot. Do you soxtalkers agree with me on this?? Sitdown on a freeway?? I say you should be arrested if you are f***ing sitting on a freeway.

Finally I also am against marching into the Taste of Chicago and yelling at people. I feel if you do that you SHOULD be arrested during the protest. Tourists and fellow Chicagoans alike are trying to enjoy an event like the Taste and should not be harassed during such an event!!!!!

Comments?

I agree simply because of the danger it poses to both the protesters and others. I fully understand they want to be heard, which is the point of protesting, but there has to be a time and a place, or consequences may be at stake.

Forgive me for sounding callous, but if I get on that freeway expecting clear traffic in some sort of an emergency situation with no way out and my kid is in the back of my car bleeding to death, call me a selfish son of a b**** if you will, but a bunch of people are about to get run over.

Edited by Y2HH

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 9, 2016 -> 07:30 PM)
http://www.denverpost.com/2016/07/09/phila...cial-profiling/

Castile was stopped FIFTY-TWO times by the police over the span of 14 years....WHAT THE HELL?

MINNEAPOLIS — When Philando Castile saw the flashing lights in his rearview mirror the night he got shot, it wasn’t unusual. He had been pulled over at least 52 times in recent years in and around the Twin Cities and given citations for minor offenses including speeding, driving without a muffler and not wearing a seat belt.

He was assessed at least $6,588 in fines and fees, although more than half of the total 86 violations were dismissed, court records show.

In other words...stopped for being black.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jul 10, 2016 -> 03:57 PM)
In other words...stopped for being black.

Shows that like many have said it's a way of life for many African Americans. Cops stop them. Sad people can't just live their lives peacefully. Cops have no reason to stop him that many times.

Edited by greg775

Man, I can't imagine the good Catholics in Mt. Greenwood allowing that to happen. The school and church have a ton of property, though. Maybe it's a sign of the times that people can't afford 5,000 bucks a semester or whatever it costs. Still I would think people would rally to keep that school open. It was a good school.

Granted this is a few months old but how can anyone in their right mind justify the police in this situation? There are children in the back seat.

https://www.facebook.com/mediatakeout/video...15186628513282/

[This is video of a cop pulling over a car because the passenger was not wearing a seatbelt. After the passenger provides their ID but refuses to step out of the car, the cops bust open the window and tase him. AT one point the cop apparently points a gun at them too.]

Edited by BigSqwert

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/12/upshot/s...-shootings.html

Interesting result there...

A new study confirms that black men and women are treated differently in the hands of law enforcement. They are more likely to be touched, handcuffed, pushed to the ground or pepper-sprayed by a police officer, even after accounting for how, where and when they encounter the police.

But when it comes to the most lethal form of force — police shootings — the study finds no racial bias.

“It is the most surprising result of my career,” said Roland G. Fryer Jr., the author of the study and a professor of economics at Harvard. The study examined more than 1,000 shootings in 10 major police departments, in Texas, Florida and California.

The result contradicts the mental image of police shootings that many Americans hold in the wake of the killings (some captured on video) of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Mo.; Laquan McDonald in Chicago; Tamir Rice in Cleveland; Walter Scott in South Carolina; Samuel DuBose in Cincinnati; Alton Sterling in Baton Rouge, La.; and Philando Castile in Minnesota.

How come nobody seems to care 21 police were injured in Minnie Saturday and Sunday? These are human beings. The protestors are making it easy on the cops to at least bag some arrests. Up to 50 charged with rioting Saturday night and a couple were charged with felonies for throwing stuff at cops. You throw a rock at a human being, you deserve to be charged with a crime.

These protestors who shut down highways are gonna get arrested in droves. It's a direct affront to the law and they are responding.