And that's a White Sox winner !

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Jul 9, 2016 -> 11:22 PM)
Hopefully they can win the series tomorrow then the front office can reassess things.

Mark

Glad to see Jones wrap up the save against a horrible team. We'll take the home W.

If Hahn could develop a master plan he could pull it off easier during the season than the winter.

Figure out what young players you want and then deal off Frazier, Robertson, Melky, Avi, Navarro, Avila, Lawrie.

Keep Q, Sale and Rodon and keep Abreu and Eaton and see what happens.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 9, 2016 -> 03:31 PM)
Glad to see Jones wrap up the save against a horrible team. We'll take the home W.

If Hahn could develop a master plan he could pull it off easier during the season than the winter.

Figure out what young players you want and then deal off Frazier, Robertson, Melky, Avi, Navarro, Avila, Lawrie.

Keep Q, Sale and Rodon and keep Abreu and Eaton and see what happens.

Broken record.They aren't selling.

I think we need to go after Jay Bruce, contract isnt bad and he would help the offense. He would be a major upgrade over Avi in RF. The problem is many teams are after him. We were rumored to be after him at the beginning of the year, I wonder what the team would be like if we have him there over Avi all year.Then the offense would be set after that.

Do we need a starter? That is TBD, need to see if Shields, Gonzales keep it up and Rodon can come back decent. With improved offense with Bruce we could get into the playoffs and make some noise. We essentially have 2 number 1's pitching for us and lately the offense has been coming around.

We have averaged 4.94 runs over the last 6 series of 18 games. Up from 4.74 the rest of the year. Not a huge increase but better none the less. The previous 18 games was 4 rpg so way up from that. We are getting a whole run more per game lately.

The other option is count on morneau and get a SP or a reliever.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 9, 2016 -> 05:01 PM)
Broken record.They aren't selling.

That's why I've stopped mentioning it. It's what I want but JR will never go for it as long as he's the owner.

Good win but still pissed off about this series after last night.

QUOTE (Dam8610 @ Jul 10, 2016 -> 02:33 AM)
Why are people suggesting selling when this team is over .500 going into the break instead of talking about what it would take to get the one player on the market who would be a substantive and worthwhile upgrade (Jonathan Lucroy)?

Cause I fell for it last year. Exact same situation. Sox went completely in the tank right after the break. This team doesn't have what it takes and I can see that clearly. SELL.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 9, 2016 -> 09:17 PM)
Cause I fell for it last year. Exact same situation. Sox went completely in the tank right after the break. This team doesn't have what it takes and I can see that clearly. SELL.

Last year's team was 4 games under .500 going into the break and never seemed to get over a rough start. This year's team will either be 2 or 4 games over .500 going into the break and has already overcome quite a bit of adversity that would have sunk a team like the 2015 squad. Offensively, their two biggest bats have severely underperformed, and they've had quite a few injuries that have eaten away at depth. Not to mention they've pulled themselves out of that horrible tailspin they were in quite nicely, which would've turned into a death spiral for a team like last year's squad. One highly effective run producing bat is just about all this team is missing to be competitive with anyone in the league. Getting that bat at a premium defensive position like catcher, and having that catcher also be a premium defender, would be a huge boost to a team like this one, and could be just what the team needs to get in the playoffs and maybe even make a deep run. Send them Fulmer and anything else short of Collins that it takes to get him here, and see what happens. I certainly have a lot more hope for what this team can accomplish in the second half as opposed to last year's team.

QUOTE (Dam8610 @ Jul 9, 2016 -> 09:44 PM)
Last year's team was 4 games under .500 going into the break and never seemed to get over a rough start. This year's team will either be 2 or 4 games over .500 going into the break and has already overcome quite a bit of adversity that would have sunk a team like the 2015 squad. Offensively, their two biggest bats have severely underperformed, and they've had quite a few injuries that have eaten away at depth. Not to mention they've pulled themselves out of that horrible tailspin they were in quite nicely, which would've turned into a death spiral for a team like last year's squad. One highly effective run producing bat is just about all this team is missing to be competitive with anyone in the league. Getting that bat at a premium defensive position like catcher, and having that catcher also be a premium defender, would be a huge boost to a team like this one, and could be just what the team needs to get in the playoffs and maybe even make a deep run. Send them Fulmer and anything else short of Collins that it takes to get him here, and see what happens. I certainly have a lot more hope for what this team can accomplish in the second half as opposed to last year's team.

Unfortunetly the team last year hit .500 the day of the trade deadline and held pat hoping for continued turnaround. Ended up being the worst turn of events ever.