Uh, there's a game going on: Twinkies @ Sox 8/23

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 23, 2017 -> 09:57 PM)
Moncada, Avi, and Anderson with big late hits. That's how you want to win while rebuilding.

Bingo. Noone should mind a win like this with the kids contributing to it. Good stuff from Moncada and Anderson.

QUOTE (harkness @ Aug 23, 2017 -> 09:00 PM)
the bunt worked... I was keeping semi-track at one point.. it was like 4-35 that the bunt worked...

But hey it worked there...

Yep. Gotta get that up to about 50% or higher before they can start to get defenses to respect it. Then punching those balls through a drawn-in infield will become a lot easier.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Aug 23, 2017 -> 10:04 PM)
I'm all on the Tank Train but it's great to see Anderson (who I am admittedly big on) and Moncada come up huge for the team.

I have no issue with losses due to being young players. Last night was a good example. I can't tolerate when anyone on the pitching staff goes into batting practice mode.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Aug 23, 2017 -> 10:14 PM)
I have no issue with losses due to being young players. Last night was a good example. I can't tolerate when anyone on the pitching staff goes into batting practice mode.

I have no problem with the Sox losing due to the young guys either, they're young, still developing and learning the ML game.

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Aug 23, 2017 -> 09:18 PM)
Leury had a terrific, all around game.

If there is 1 guy that has just shocked the hell out of me this year and who I want the Sox to keep around it is Leury. I honestly thought he would never stick on a ML team.

He hit .200 over 3 seasons had 2 HRs and 16 RBIs prior to this year in over 300 ABs. It is awesome what he is doing this year, add in the fact he plays excellent defense at multiple positions.